Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Henderson said:
Ooh. Ooh. Got another one.

The people who are lack the awareness to notice the little flashing arrow in their dashboard, and therefore drive with a turn signal blinking for miles and miles.

Newer vehicles have it in the mirror as well to get your attention.

Those with heads up sometimes give a warning in the heads up, while others have a chime if it has been on too long, or gets displayed on DIC, Digital Instrument Cluster.

OP
Gemini

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
Newer vehicles have it in the mirror as well to get your attention.

Those with heads up sometimes give a warning in the heads up, while others have a chime if it has been on too long, or gets displayed on DIC, Digital Instrument Cluster.

I rented a car that did that, but along with all the other 40 tones of "dings" we didn't know what the hell it was. (Disclaimer: My wife was driving) If they really want to make good use of the technology, why don't they just have something that says "Hey, stupid! turn off your blinker!"

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ahhh, I have another one....

The impatient driver who arrogantly assumes that the safe distance that I have created between me and the vehicle ahead of me was created specifically for them (oh how nice I am) so they can squeeze betwixt us leaving themselves just mere feet of stopping distance and putting me in the nearly as unsafe distance they are so carelessly putting themselves into.

Oh another one...

The ignorant and simple minded driver who is so impatient to pull out onto the street that I am cruising on that he/she rushes to pull out in front of me lest they not get onto the road, causing me to hard brake just to keep from riding over their vehicle, never once do they realize there isn't a vehicle in sight for miles but mine. What is so important that it couldn't wait another couple of seconds for me to pass. If they had, they could have taken their time for they had MILES of empty road, they wouldn't have had to rush, and they wouldn't have had to put me in Emergency recovery procedures.

Can we get jeeps with a remote operated hard mount external rocket launcher with automatic targeting system?

Na.... didn't think so... :(

Henderson

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
People who drive 10 mph below the speed limit (fine...their choice) in a no passing zone.

Then speed up so you cannot pass once it becomes a passing zone.:angry:

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Henderson said:
People who drive 10 mph below the speed limit (fine...their choice) in a no passing zone.

Yep! It seems they do it as soon as they see you starting to pass...

Also, when travelling on the interstates (cruise control engaged), I pass a driver who is running about 5 MPH slower. So as I approach, I pass. When I get ahead of them, I slide back over and continue to leave them. Then later, they decide to speed up and pass me, then get in front of me then slow down to the speed that they were 10 minutes and 15 miles ago. So the process repeats yet again. This is very annoying.

OP
Gemini

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Henderson said:

I see that one EVERYDAY on the drive home!

Henderson

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Bigshadow said:
Also, when travelling on the interstates (cruise control engaged), I pass a driver who is running about 5 MPH slower. So as I approach, I pass. When I get ahead of them, I slide back over and continue to leave them. Then later, they decide to speed up and pass me, then get in front of me then slow down to the speed that they were 10 minutes and 15 miles ago. So the process repeats yet again. This is very annoying.

Interstate Leap Frog!! What fun! :rolleyes:

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This morning, while driving to work I was on an 80 km/h street here in my fair city. It was me and one other driver, we were totally alone but for some unknown reason to me, she decided that she needed to travel 3 feet from my back bumper. I was so PO'd that I decided that I would get her to pass me and slowly started taking my foot off of the gas pedal to slow down. Well, apparently, I was a complete inconsiderate ***** for not understanding her reasons to be driving right up my *** and it caused her to have to pass me while giving me the finger. :shrug:

Go figure. :rolleyes:

Henderson

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
People who will drive around the parking lot at the grocery store or shopping mall for 10 minutes waiting for a close space to open up instead of walking an extra 150 feet.

*Of course I exclude the elderly and those with limited mobility from this scenario*

OP
Gemini

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Lisa said:
This morning, while driving to work I was on an 80 km/h street here in my fair city. It was me and one other driver, we were totally alone but for some unknown reason to me, she decided that she needed to travel 3 feet from my back bumper. I was so PO'd that I decided that I would get her to pass me and slowly started taking my foot off of the gas pedal to slow down. Well, apparently, I was a complete inconsiderate ***** for not understanding her reasons to be driving right up my *** and it caused her to have to pass me while giving me the finger. :shrug:

She was probably too busy putting her make up on and you made her have to stop for a sec and actually drive the car. Makes perfect sense. :rolleyes:

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Henderson said:
People who will drive around the parking lot at the grocery store or shopping mall for 10 minutes waiting for a close space to open up instead of walking an extra 150 feet.

*Of course I exclude the elderly and those with limited mobility from this scenario*
Yes, the parking lot vultures. :rofl:

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Henderson said:

The times that this truly annoys me is when I see people do it at a workout facility - with the noted exceptions, along with those with small children - I mean, c'mon - if you're going to work out, the what's a few extra feet to get into the building?

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Lisa said:

Usually when someone rides my bumper like that, I will be a courteous driver and help them test their brakes... :uhyeah:

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Kreth said:
Usually when someone rides my bumper like that, I will be a courteous driver and help them test their brakes... :uhyeah:

I hear you! I'm the same way- slow down naturally, wait a minute and speed back up to original speed (I make sure it's a no pass zone). They usually get the hint. I also really hate it when they get mad at you for not riding the person's bumper that is in front of you, and deems it necessary to ride your bumper. My car isn't that big, so it's not like they wouldn't see the other car, especially when you go around turns and hills.

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
tkdgirl said:
I hear you! I'm the same way- slow down naturally, wait a minute and speed back up to original speed (I make sure it's a no pass zone).
I'm not that nice. I get right on my brakes. If they do hit me, all I have to do is tell the reporting officer that I thought I saw a dog out of the corner of my eye. Then they're at fault for following too closely.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
People who run stop lights... especially the idiot with a death wish I saw today: I was facing west, and the cross-traffic was going north and south - 3 lanes in each direction. The light turned, the car facing me going east began to cross the southbound side (I was waiting to turn left) and the car next to me began to cross the northbound lanes, when this idiot came screaming across the intersection going north in the far left lane... then stopped to yell at people for daring to honk at her... in the middle of the intersection. Yeesh...

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
One of my biggest driving pet peeves? It's when the person in front of me stops to chat with some friend on the street - and there's no way around them. Happens a LOT in the city. I wait a few seconds, then tap on my horn a couple times to get their attention.

Oh yeah...people who don't use their turn signals and suddenly cut in front of me also get on my nerves. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Swordlady said:
One of my biggest driving pet peeves? It's when the person in front of me stops to chat with some friend on the street - and there's no way around them. Happens a LOT in the city. I wait a few seconds, then tap on my horn a couple times to get their attention.

That happened to me today - I live across the street from a park, and this group of friends came for a picnic - the last one drove up just as I was driving up behind her, and her friends all came to talk in the street. One of her friends looked at me and said something to the driver, and then they all just stood there and talked - when she did move, they all looked at me like "what, aren't you going to thank us for getting out of your way?"

Swordlady said:
Oh yeah...people who don't use their turn signals and suddenly cut in front of me also get on my nerves. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

That, and people who see my turn signal and suddenly move up because I might get in front of them, and slow them down by 5 whole seconds!

Latest Discussions