My Self-Defense Story

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
First off, kudos to Mr. Mattocks. It is hard sometimes removing the ego from a situation and following the course that is smartest.

Second, on another forum I go to a person JUST posted a story that they were involved in a road rage incident and when the vehicles were stopped the other person DID pull a gun on them. True martial artists will read this story and realize that Bill used his martial arts in the highest way possible, by recognizing the situation as it developed and controlled it how he saw fit and on his terms.

If we respond to a situation out of anger or fear, we are not in control...the other person is. By studying and learning martial arts, we understand OURSELVES better so we have other options at our disposal to handle a situation with us in control.

Aiki Lee

Master of Arts
Reaction score
If we respond to a situation out of anger or fear, we are not in control...the other person is. By studying and learning martial arts, we understand OURSELVES better so we have other options at our disposal to handle a situation with us in control.

This is the main reason I train. Not to beat people up. Not for philosophical or exercise reasons. I train to control my fear and anger so that other people or my emotions cannot control me. Martial arts, I think, are
originally about control. Control the fight. Control yourself. Control your life.

Latest Discussions