Don't tell them you know martial arts

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I am is a warrior, and sometimes in battle there is collateral damage. Am I proud of it? No. Would I change anything? No. My decisions have made me the man I am.

My heart longs for the glory of battle and the adulation of the crowd. Though I know I will never set foot on the sands of the gladitorial arena, I make do with the beer-stained floor of the bar. A floor where I know my life will end one day, my spilling across the tile as I experience the warrior's death and await my entrance to Valhalla.

Bollocks.
Over my two careers I have known many people who were real warriors, not one of them waffled as much as you do, you aren't a warrior you are a Walt.
If you think battle is glorious then you are very much mistaken and you clearly have no idea what it entails. As a 'bouncer' (if) you are a liability to your fellow bouncers, someone who should never be allowed to work on the door. I know a good many door supervisors, male and female and they'd laugh you straight out of the door.
You are either someone who is romanticising your life because you consider your real life boring or you are trolling. Either way you are laughable.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mad dog, I don't date Walts, My husband now, he's a warrior, even been in real wars.
PMs not welcome.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dear oh dear MD. Think you need to step back a little. A brighter note, I have never laughed so much in my life. Even my cold feels a little better. Cheers DUDE :D

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We all make mistakes, as the innocent people I've mistakely hospitalized can attest to.

You can't mistakingly hospolise people in the context you are trying to convey. More like you lost control and dropped the ball. To me you're attitude smacks of being juiced up and thinking that you will look cool with the birds. Either way looking to substantiate yourself on a forum is pretty daft to be honest. Alas I can't vent unfortunately, so I would ask that perhaps you be a little less gorilla like and be a bit more intelligent here.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Something to consider if you are caught up in an altercation, attack etc, you may choose to stay silent but have you left words expressing opinions on the internet? The investigating authorities will check the social media so if you have left stuff as matey has here saying he's put innocent people in hospital, beaten people up, is a 'warrior' glorifying violence etc etc they will take a certain view of you that will be to your detriment if and mostly likely when it goes to court. Even if you are innocent the defence team will have a field day with comments like that and make out their guy to be the innocent party which it certainly will look like, expressing opinions on lawyers never helps either.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Something to consider if you are caught up in an altercation, attack etc, you may choose to stay silent but have you left words expressing opinions on the internet? The investigating authorities will check the social media so if you have left stuff as matey has here saying he's put innocent people in hospital, beaten people up, is a 'warrior' glorifying violence etc etc they will take a certain view of you that will be to your detriment if and mostly likely when it goes to court. Even if you are innocent the defence team will have a field day with comments like that and make out their guy to be the innocent party which it certainly will look like, expressing opinions on lawyers never helps either.
But would they go to all that trouble in the Children's Court? :rolleyes:

Mad_Dog

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
You all have no business judging me. I've been there, done that, got the, t-shirt. I've faced death and laughef in it's face. If you have no respect for that you have no business on a martial arts forum.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Just watching the local news 5 minutes ago and a 'consensual fight' ended in the death of one of the participants. The 'winner' will now spend a considerable period of time away from his family. If you choose to fight you are stupid and deserve all you get.

LibbyW

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Just watching the local news 5 minutes ago and a 'consensual fight' ended in the death of one of the participants. The 'winner' will now spend a considerable period of time away from his family. If you choose to fight you are stupid and deserve all you get.

I think that has always been the point hasn't it? Those that don't have a choice to fight are usually those that are guilt free. Those who go in willingly are usually the people that end up having fingers pointed at them.
I think there is a movie quote somewhere in the back of my head, some thing about "there is always choice" but I don't know if that always applies. Whatever it was it was a good movie....getting side tracked o_O
L

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that has always been the point hasn't it? Those that don't have a choice to fight are usually those that are guilt free. Those who go in willingly are usually the people that end up having fingers pointed at them.
I think there is a movie quote somewhere in the back of my head, some thing about "there is always choice" but I don't know if that always applies. Whatever it was it was a good movie....getting side tracked o_O
L

Not necessarily. Yeah, if is genuine need to defend oneself, no I would not feel guilty. You do what is necessary, but that does not include toying with with people because it is fun. Yeah is a choice, but one that has to be informed. Pretty much why the world has prisons full of murderers etc

BMhadoken

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
L
Sure it's always a choice. Sometimes the alternatives just suck more.

The question at hand: is the cost of doing violence greater or lesser than the cost of not doing violence?

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
You all have no business judging me. I've been there, done that, got the, t-shirt. I've faced death and laughef in it's face. If you have no respect for that you have no business on a martial arts forum.
What color is the tshirt. I've always wanted a been there done that tshirt but all I ever seem to get are Polo's

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
What color is the tshirt. I've always wanted a been there done that tshirt but all I ever seem to get are Polo's
What colour would you like?

image.jpg

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
L

You gotta know when to hold em
Know when to fold em
Know when to walk away
Know when to run

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score

I wonder if you laughed death in the face because you were so confident of your ability to overcome your opponent(s)? Knowing confidence is a useful thing. Of course that would not be what we usually mean by laughing death in the face.

I never wanted a T-shirt, nor do I think I have no business in a martial arts forum; I am a martial artist.

Latest Discussions