2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Gosh!!

Thank you all so much!!!!

I'm blushing. :eek:

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yup, I concur. The whole thing about it is tact. LF, you have the use of tact down pretty well. Kudos.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I give them the following:

I understand you might have training somewhere else in some other art. I am not discussing that art of how to apply that art in its' teaching format. I am discussing this art and how to teach it. It might be different, the result might be the same it might be different, but this is how we teach and learn here.

NOTE: I love questions. I can usually bore to death the most long winded types. But the best technique I have found to make them listen is that I always demonstrate while I talk. I prefer joint and finger locks and manipulations. This causes the student pain while they are listening to me. So everytime they ask a question that is not on topic or not relavent to the art, they get pain and instruction at the same time. Most do not realize this. They do end up being more quiet and asking for clarifications which is great and questions, but loose the in this art we did. I have no problems with the what about this? These questions are normal growth, and I for one think they should be answered.

Latest Discussions