Difference Between Hitting Too Hard, and Being Too Experienced

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I think the kid wants to fit in. But I really think he doesn't know how. Mentors / Mods, take it easy on him. Although I agree with you, he needs you to guide him. I remember when I was 22...
I do not know if they will listen to your voice of moderation and wisdom. This is a feeding frenzy. Thank you, Jenna x

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jenna that's harsh and untrue. The OP has posted things which sound patronising and in places quite arrogant, at times too it sounds as if he's talking down to long established martial artists. When one is young one always thiks one is invincable, immortal and of course right, which is fine if your life doesn't actually depend on you being so. With martial arts, more specifically self defence one has to know what one is doing not play at it. What people are seeing is someone playing at it and who will get hurt unless he stops playing and trains seriously. A lot of people have said he shows promise, has potential and have offered friendly and very constructive advice. That is not a feeding frenzy.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's gentle picnic in a flowery meadow......

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He seems to be arguing his corner quite well so far, holding his own I'd say.

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
Argued more tactfully? This isnt a UN Meeting :p He said something, We replied, He replied, and so forth. Bluntness is best, and He at least didnt do what alot of folks do and quit when He didnt like the music.

Aiki Lee

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Yes, but from his perspective he is being attacked not informed. He likely feels he is being ridiculed and not corrected. Quite a number of posts are littered with jokes and mocker, look at page 2. For all we know, this fellow came on in search of some much needed encouragement and instead was laughed at. If I thought he was a troll, I'd think of this differently. Instead I think he is simply uninformed or misinformed.

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes, but from his perspective he is being attacked not informed. He likely feels he is being ridiculed and not corrected. Quite a number of posts are littered with jokes and mocker, look at page 2. For all we know, this fellow came on in search of some much needed encouragement and instead was laughed at. If I thought he was a troll, I'd think of this differently. Instead I think he is simply uninformed or misinformed.

I don't think so. I think he's way too into what he does & what he think he does. From his tone he expected us to treat him as an "equal" (for whatever that's worth) or on "equal footing".

It's the old saying... it's not what you say but how you say it. If his approach had been different, what he received would've been very different.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think the kid wants to fit in. But I really think he doesn't know how. Mentors / Mods, take it easy on him. Although I agree with you, he needs you to guide him. I remember when I was 22...

After further reveiw of additional threads by Zenjael, I have come to the conclusion that I may have been premature in my evaluation. In other words, I think I may have been wr...wr...wr...wrong. :uhyeah:

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
After further reveiw of additional threads by Zenjael, I have come to the conclusion that I may have been premature in my evaluation. In other words, I think I may have been wr...wr...wr...wrong. :uhyeah:

*rubs eyes* Tames?? Tames!!

Welcome back my friend, great to see you around the neighborhood :asian:

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Yes, yes you were....and even though I agreed with you the first time...and agree with you now....let the record state...and as much as it pains me to admit this….. Yes you were wrong...but I wasn't... I never am..... I was just being agreeable :D

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score

Premature evaluation. Happens to us all man, happens to us all.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
:duh: I actually just read the title of this thread and thought about what it is saying and asking

“Difference Between Hitting Too Hard, and Being Too Experienced”

Now I am sure that in 5 pages this has been mentioned and I will admit right now there is absolutely no way I am going to read 5 pages of this mess to see if it has been mentioned but that thread title absolutely misses the point more than any other I have seen on MT in all the years I have been posting here

The Difference between hitting too hard, and being too experienced is that if you are hitting too hard you are not experienced at all…actually you are rather inexperienced…. So the difference between hitting to hard and being to experienced is exactly the same as the difference between being inexperienced and being experienced.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think it's clear from the videos that have been posted that you're not hitting too hard (if at all...) nor are you such an incredible fighter that people are scared of you. I think there absolutely MUST be a third possibility...

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
:duh: I actually just read the title of this thread and thought about what it is saying and asking

“Difference Between Hitting Too Hard, and Being Too Experienced”

Now I am sure that in 5 pages this has been mentioned and I will admit right now there is absolutely no way I am going to read 5 pages of this mess to see if it has been mentioned but that thread title absolutely misses the point more than any other I have seen on MT in all the years I have been posting here

The Difference between hitting too hard, and being too experienced is that if you are hitting too hard you are not experienced at all…actually you are rather inexperienced…. So the difference between hitting to hard and being to experienced is exactly the same as the difference between being inexperienced and being experienced.
Great insight! :asian:

Latest Discussions