Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I had a rude comment about foot size, but I'm gonna be a good boy and go update a website now. LOL!

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
I had a rude comment about foot size, but I'm gonna be a good boy and go update a website now. LOL!

Not rude at all; it's just true! You know what they say.....

.......Big feet=.........big shoes. :lfao:

If I feel like wearing funny looking shoes that are comfortable, I wear these: http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/products/products_KSO_m.cfm

I have a pair in black that I bought. I blogged about the why's and wherefore's over a few posts last summer: http://www.stevebjj.com/search?q=monkey+feet

While they aren't difficult to get on and off, after you get used to them, they aren't like slippers.

Alas, they don't make those in real men's sizes, either.....

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
previous pair of sneaks I was. That whole -wide- foot problem.

Having wide feet can be just be just as problematic as having long feet, as it isn't just how far your foot goes into the shoe, but how much your foot fills the shoe. If you have a size 12 foot, a Kentucky shoehorn may not get you into a narrow 14 shoe.

Stac3y

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Having wide feet can be just be just as problematic as having long feet, as it isn't just how far your foot goes into the shoe, but how much your foot fills the shoe. If you have a size 12 foot, a Kentucky shoehorn may not get you into a narrow 14 shoe.

Do I want to know what at "Kentucky shoehorn" is?

I have very wide and very flat feet. Now that I'm in my 40s, anything with an arch gives me gawdawful foot cramps. And heels are completely out of the question, though I'm tall, so I don't really care. I can wear a smaller size in shoes that are wider (sometimes as much as a whole size smaller). What really stinks about having such weird feet is that I LOVE shoes. And uncomfortable shoes turn me into the world's crankiest [insert rude word here].

AoCAdam

Orange Belt
Reaction score
They are certainly hideous but are sure as hell comfy. There are some crocs which I would buy that actually resemble sandals.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
They're very comfortable, and easy to clean - I use mine mostly for working in the garden (mud hoses right off) and walking the dog.

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have a pair of these ugly shoes but I would not give them up for anything. You will not find anything more comfortable anywhere. I also one a pair of croc flip flops that are not as ugly but equally comfortable.

Yup, I have the same kind—and it's true: they are no uglier than any other kind of flip-flops (and that's all I'm gonna say on that topic) and they are incredibly comfortable (way more comfortable than the usual flip-flop).

As for the other kind... people in Columbus wear these everywhere: shopping, movies, you name it. (Hint: we aren't exactly known for being, uh, stylish in these parts... ;))

Andy Moynihan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
People's Banana Republic of Massachusettstan, Disu

Attachments

• $funny-pictures-cat-hates-your-shoes.jpg
    $funny-pictures-cat-hates-your-shoes.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 205

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:lol:

Cats of that stripe are gonna wear their teeth out if they ever find themselves in Columbus...

Q: What is the correct footwear for a black-tie event at the Columbus Convention Center?

A: Black Crocs.

It's almost true!!

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Rich,
Yukon is available in 13

Also, they see to run wide, so a 13 might fit a 14 foot. I usually take an 11, but a 10 is fine.

Bob,

I will try again, but ever pair I have tried on (* because some many people claim they are comfortable *) has been to tight in the width for the ball of the foot area.

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

It is all in proportion.

For some it direct.

For me it is inverse. :(

Ooops

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
uhh....it's more like a 14 1/2, EEEE.....gotta get most of my shoes custom, anyway, I got mutant feet....

NO IT WON'T!!

I cannot tell you how many times I have heard that from a shoe salesman. And it has never EVER been true. I heard it about 11s when I was a 12, I heard it about 12s when I was a 13 and I heard it about 13 when I was a 14... it has never....EVER...not even once...been true.

...and, what he said. :lfao:

In this case, it did. Usually, it doesn't. Now, I can't say if a 13 croc will fit a 14 foot, but I know that I'm wearing size 10 crocs and size 10.5 new balance.
YMWV :)

but your not an 11 :D

previous pair of sneaks I was. That whole -wide- foot problem.

11e> 12ee> 13eee> 14ee> 14eee

My right foot is a 12.5 length if you measure heel to toe. But it is a 13.5 if you measure the arch. I have real short toes.

My left foot is a 12 length with the same problem as the right.

Most shoes in 13 do not fit me. I have to get those that are extra wide. And when a company switches from wide to narrow for their shoes I have to switch companies.

Which is why when I find a pair of shoes now, I almost always buy two. When the one wears out I can put the second on and have time to look for the new replacements.

Thanks

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No offense to those of you who like and wear crocs but....I wouldn't be caught in a pair! Those things are ugly as sin!!!! lol