Welcome to 2003? Crocs

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am way behind the times as usual. Anyway, my wife recently bought me a pair of those 'ugly' Crocs clogs. I've been wearing them all day and I have to admit they are comfortable. For casual walking around shoes, they have a good utility to price ratio.

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
They look really uncomfortable to me...plus, I don't think that I've ever seen them in a "normal" color....of course, I'm in Florida.

OP
dancingalone

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, I am sporting the brown and black "boat shoe" model so they're subdued for Crocs. You're right though - I have seen a lot of the really bright colors on a bunch of people. Maybe that's part of the appeal. They're supposed to be gaudy, garish, and tacky?

The shoes are very comfortable. It's almost like walking around on a couple of mini-pillows. I wouldn't want to run a race in these since they aren't built for stability, but the cushioning is quite evident for just light walking.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am way behind the times as usual. Anyway, my wife recently bought me a pair of those 'ugly' Crocs clogs. I've been wearing them all day and I have to admit they are comfortable. For casual walking around shoes, they have a good utility to price ratio.

They make my feet sweat and then I slide around in them. Yuck.

OP
dancingalone

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am wearing white socks with mine, so no more foot sweating than usual. I must look a mess to anyone into fashion. :)

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am wearing white socks with mine, so no more foot sweating than usual. I must look a mess to anyone into fashion. :)

Now all you need is a red neck and some Blue Ribbon beer. :lol2:

OP
dancingalone

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
You must be a subscriber to the big feet, big ??? theory.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I used to wear sandals all summer, now I live in my crocs. Nice and comfortable, and they are easy off at airports. lol!

Aikikitty

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
As ugly as they are, I've been practically living in my brown crocs since I first started wearing them a few years ago. I HATE flip flops--can't stand anything in between my toes. My feet sweat too so I'll wear socks with crocs. Super comfortable and my feet can breathe. I'll vote comfort over fashion any day of the week. :)

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I live in flip flops (or thongs as my dad calls them... old timey California guy). Work demands "shoes" but life deems flip flops the way to roll.

Latest Discussions