Control of ones movement

OP
Gweilo

Gweilo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
very nice, i really like this
im going to try it later
When you get to the point, your mind thinks its impossible, breath, relax, and empty your mind, just move smoothly, slowly and with no tension in the hips or legs. It will come

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Very cool, I have a feeling I would tense up sooo much trying it, which would be counterproductive haha. I desperately need exercises which encourage the whooole body and system to relax so this may be cool to try...

Just found a similar one too with the Feldenkrais method (something I've been exploring of late):

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Have you heard of or tried pravilo? Maybe of some interest, to develop core strength in movement.

Wooow, that looks awesome haha. Never heard of it! My core strength and control is apparently really good according to my pelvic physio, but I need to relax the entire abdominal muscles, and surrounding muscles (glutes, hamstrings).

But this sort of training would be so good for stretching everything out and for blood flow...

OP
Gweilo

Gweilo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Wooow, that looks awesome haha. Never heard of it! My core strength and control is apparently really good according to my pelvic physio, but I need to relax the entire abdominal muscles, and surrounding muscles (glutes, hamstrings).

But this sort of training would be so good for stretching everything out and for blood flow...

Its also great for relaxing, you can add weights for the work out, but 10 mins of stretching, rope twists etc after it just seems to melt muscle and joint tension. I have been told, warriors of old in the Russian region, used to do pravilo before and after battle.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Its also great for relaxing, you can add weights for the work out, but 10 mins of stretching, rope twists etc after it just seems to melt muscle and joint tension. I have been told, warriors of old in the Russian region, used to do pravilo before and after battle.
Ah awesome... had a bit of a look, nothing like that in my area hehe, we have flotation tanks (of which I was used many times), but yeah could see the benefits of this for sure, cheers!

Latest Discussions