closing account

Status
Not open for further replies.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
there a certain,amount of all ganging up on the new guy here, leave him alone for pities sake, he only suggested the police,are,all petty jobsworth that fit people up and the only thing wrong with that is he,should have,said most are petty jobs worths who fit people up, one or two are ok

Yeah. The dog pile that never happens. From the posters who cry foul if people are mean to them.

images

OP
O

oldwarrior

Green Belt
Reaction score
I am not crying foul at all...

Gang up if people wish I have no issue with that ...

if you give out then you should be able to take back and defend when assumptions are made

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am not crying foul at all...

Gang up if people wish I have no issue with that ...

if you give out then you should be able to take back and defend when assumptions are made
Thought you were going pal? You keep coming on you'll keep seeing your mortal arch enemy

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
here more barrack room quotes (scuttlebutt to any cousins)

You a mushroom then ....(requires the dark to grow)

Are are you a P O R G (person of restricted growth)

you want this in the open then go for it ....just you go for it

and don't quote company names unless you actually do know ok ...

and for any others Catterick is not the home of the RMP it is a Garrison and the Home now of the Scots Gaurds among others

Scots Guards left some time ago. Still a Scottish regiment there but not them.
Keep going with the insults, I'm not reporting it because you are being deliberately offensive in an attempt to be banned.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Neither she knows me or I know her ...

I am what I claim lol I am not wanted by the police in anyway lol I just have a distrust for the modern ones as well most are not like they should be ...all by the book and no common sense. As far as the anti-female comment that was a very very common reference when I was employed by her Majesty and the 150 provost comp ref is to Catterick are at least that is where they were I am surprised that mention was not made of the garrison at Colchester lol that is or was 156 provost Company

The avatar gave the clue and the jumping on what I said lol...

I also have a very healthy dislike for the RAF and that I really do have good reason for which I have no intention of making public
In my experience the people who dislike the police are the ones who cause trouble and get themselves arrested by them. I'm no police or army guy or any of that stuff but I have 0 reason to dislike them because I've never done anything to require to show any interest in me

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
oh and the RAF regiment were and are know as the Rock apes very good at guarding the airfields but little else ...on know I mis speak they do drill as well lol.... run in fear I would think not lol

If I get banned ok it matters not ....
Do us and yourself a favour and hit the sign out button on your account buddy this isn't going to end well. This is a martial arts forum you've not said a thing about martial arts and you claim you don't want to be here yet you're still here

OP
O

oldwarrior

Green Belt
Reaction score
report if you want it your call ...and if you cannot take barrack room humour then don;t give it

also it is the home of the guards and don't try and make out that your the know all about that ...and yes the other scots regiment that it is home to id the 4th battalion the Royal Regiment of Scotland

OP
O

oldwarrior

Green Belt
Reaction score
Do us and yourself a favour and hit the sign out button on your account buddy this isn't going to end well. This is a martial arts forum you've not said a thing about martial arts and you claim you don't want to be here yet you're still here

Umm I did and ok if that is your request then so be it ...I did post on the arts guess you missed that tho

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Umm I did and ok if that is your request then so be it ...I did post on the arts guess you missed that tho
Probably but oh well and I'm not requesting anything you do what you want. It makes no difference to me I couldn't care less but you're the one that started a thread saying how much you wanted your account closed because of arguments and yet you're still coming back and arguing

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
In my experience the people who dislike the police are the ones who cause trouble and get themselves arrested by them. I'm no police or army guy or any of that stuff but I have 0 reason to dislike them because I've never done anything to require to show any interest in me

I've had a fair few dealings with the police (although not on the wrong side of the law) and can honestly say that from my experience the vast majority are perfectly reasonable people.

As with any group there's always bound to be a percentage of them who are complete tits, but it's certainly not a high percentage.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thought you were going pal? You keep coming on you'll keep seeing your mortal arch enemy

He's enjoying himself thinking he's winding people up, bless him. whenever people start saying 'oh it's only banter' you know they are getting off on thinking they are being clever. To me it's water off a duck's back, over the years I've heard it all and trust me it's boring.

I posted on this thread with genuine advice, no one has to take it but it was genuine. New threads and posts come up whenever I open up MT, I assume it's that way for most people. It saves time but it's not following one poster.

The Scots Guards moved out in 2015.
Catterick Garrison

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
"Offence" is the preferred spelling in Britain, Australia, and Canada, if I'm not mistaken.

Basically, "offence" is the correct spelling everywhere except the US.

It's an unfortunate offshoot of the great vowel famine of the 14th and 15th century (when the French took vowels from the British to use in words like "adieu").

While they were here, they took a load of consonants too...

This meant that vowels and certain consonants were in short supply when the colonists left for the new world and while they were able to obtain certain letter supplies from the indigenous peoples in trade for mirrors and beads, it didn't fully meet requirements.

In England we were able to grow more to satisfy demand for English, but some letters just didn't do as well in the new environment.

This leaves us with many differences (realise/realize, colour/color, honour/honor - and notably we have licence as a noun and license as a verb, whereas US residents use license for both purposes).

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just thought I'd say I've had a nice cup of coffee in Costas in the Garrison then a bit of shopping there. Scots Guards still aren't there. Shame really had lot of friends in that regiment, nice guys better than the Kingos who were there before them and managed to 'lose' a lot of weapons from the armoury and the Kings Own Border Regiment before them who used and sold steroids. No, the RMPs didn't find out who in any of the cases.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Basically, "offence" is the correct spelling everywhere except the US.

It's an unfortunate offshoot of the great vowel famine of the 14th and 15th century (when the French took vowels from the British to use in words like "adieu").

While they were here, they took a load of consonants too...

This meant that vowels and certain consonants were in short supply when the colonists left for the new world and while they were able to obtain certain letter supplies from the indigenous peoples in trade for mirrors and beads, it didn't fully meet requirements.

In England we were able to grow more to satisfy demand for English, but some letters just didn't do as well in the new environment.

This leaves us with many differences (realise/realize, colour/color, honour/honor - and notably we have licence as a noun and license as a verb, whereas US residents use license for both purposes).
That's easily my favorite explanation for the difference in spellings. Given that background, is it safe to conclude that a sort of cultural fear of scarcity is what causes us (Americans) to ignore that "herb" has an "h" at the beginning?

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not sure if you are right here buddy.

In the EU new laws are in place that also put a heavy emphasis on the "Right To Be Forgotten".

EU GDPR Information Portal

So you and your buddy admins should have a looksy there. And I know in this case that it's for EU citizens even on US based websites.

Art. 17 GDPR – Right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’) | General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) some basic info here, maybe dive into that

That's a big thing in IT circles now, with everybody offering suggestions on what we in the US need to do to comply. Still haven't wrapped my head around that. If a company does business in the EU, then certainly that part of the business must comply. But if it only does business in the US, the EU can't do anything more than try to block their internet footprint in the EU. We have no law I am aware of that says we must comply will all laws in all foreign countries, although I am sure there are countries that would love to be able to pass enforceable legislation against us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions