Choking

royalblue62

White Belt
Reaction score
Some time ago a watched a film in which a young woman choked two guys unconscious with just her bare feet. Do you think anything like that is possible or was it just a show?

OP
R

royalblue62

White Belt
Reaction score
@ Kickboxer101:
One after another.

@ drop bear:
Interesting video.
However, as far as I remember, at least one of the two guys was considerably bigger than the girl.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have no idea how to choke someone with my feet.

Having worked in law enforcement, I can say that chokes are not only possible but shockingly effective when applied by someone who is trained. Dangerous as well.

Two kinds of chokes, basically. Restrict breathing or restrict blood flow to the brain. The latter works faster when done right.

Chokes can be assisted by weapons (nightstick, etc), clothing (gi or collar choke), or applied bare handed using the forearm, etc.

The difficulty is that the person being choked tends to resist, and by necessity you have to be very close to apply a choke correctly. So you are in the lion's den.

Properly applied, a blood restriction choke will produce unconsciousness in less than 15 seconds. Hold it longer and they do the chicken as they wake up. A bit longer, they die.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you say choke someone with their feet what do you mean? Like she had them backed up against a wall, put her feet on their necks and just increased the pressure until they passed out? Or something similar to using her legs for a triangle choke on one, and as soon as it finished moved to the second and choked him out in a similar way?

The first one sounds pretty impossible to me. For the second one, I suppose it could be done, but you would have to be incredibly fast in executing it, then getting out from under the guy and on the next one to make it plausible.

OP
R

royalblue62

White Belt
Reaction score
I think there were two scenes. In the first one, she first had him in a triangle choke for some time and when he had become weak, she finished him with her feet.
In the second scene she had her opponent on the ground after a hard kick in the groin and then went on choking him with her feet.

kuniggety

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
The only thing I could think of is starting in a position like spider guard and then one at a time putting one foot on each side of the neck while pulling on the arms to do a blood choke. I think it's a way to get your guard passed by anyone who knows what they're doing though.

kuniggety

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I think there were two scenes. In the first one, she first had him in a triangle choke for some time and when he had become weak, she finished him with her feet.
The triangle choke shouldn't just make someone weak... It will make them pass out on its own. Are you sure it wasn't a transition to a gogoplata? I (and I think most people) get to it from an omoplata position, i.e. The leg is coming up and over from behind the shoulder. In the omoplata you continue twisting until you lay them down flat so you can sit up and attack the shoulder. In the gogoplata you turn shin/ankle/foot back in towards the neck and pull on the back of their head to choke them out. There are Japanese names to these moves too but I'm not sure what they are.

crazydiamond

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Not sure about feet - but I did see a woman crush a watermelon with her thighs. It gave me some concerns.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The triangle choke shouldn't just make someone weak... It will make them pass out on its own. Are you sure it wasn't a transition to a gogoplata? I (and I think most people) get to it from an omoplata position, i.e. The leg is coming up and over from behind the shoulder. In the omoplata you continue twisting until you lay them down flat so you can sit up and attack the shoulder. In the gogoplata you turn shin/ankle/foot back in towards the neck and pull on the back of their head to choke them out. There are Japanese names to these moves too but I'm not sure what they are.

Which is this.

No arm triangle thrown in for fun.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Well, yeah, but she was wearing special socks.

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
image.jpg

Something like this?

OP
R

royalblue62

White Belt
Reaction score
I think it looked a bit similar, except for the fact that the choke was executed by a barefoot woman.

Latest Discussions