Chinese Weapons

JadeDragon3

Black Belt
Reaction score
What is your favorite Chinese weapon? Is it the Pu Dao? Braodsword? Whip Chain? Spear? Staff or Bo? Hook Spear? Snake Spear? or the Battle Ax? Etc....?

Mine is the hook spear. It has a lot of applications. You can use the spear or the hook. Just an interesting weapon.

East Winds

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
My favourite is Jian. Such devastating delicacy.
icon7.gif

Very best wishes

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
The Dao...

But then I have always been partial to the staff as well and then there is the Quan Dao and triple section staff but I guess, now that I am typing it out, it is a toss up between the Dao and the Staff

The Jain is fine but I am not that delicate or patient with it. And I would like to try butterfly knives someday... after all I own a set...I will stop here before I go on way to long.

Rabu

Green Belt
Reaction score
I guess I am crude in some ways.

I have been working on straight sword, staff and broadsword for a long time. Never seem to get satisfied with any of them.

I would nominally choose Staff, as it seems to me the most connected of the weapons I work with. I feel most connected to it and most in control of it when using it.

wushu2004

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
For me, I use the dao, but I'd like to learn double whip chains and the 3-section staff.

newtothe dark

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I love the staff because it brings you back to your core. I also have found great joy in the Dao.
Recently I also found that I like the short staff because alot of the motions combine the 2 elements.

Randy Strausbaugh

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
My favorite is the jian, but lately I've come to appreciate the dao more than previously. Sort of the difference between a scalpel and a meat cleaver. The both cut, but each is more suited for some tasks than others. JMHO, of course.

Latest Discussions