Does anyone have a favorite weapon ...if so why..?

K

Kenpomachine

Originally posted by satans.barber
Oh dear! Even I know that and I've never even held a magazine fed pistol! Doesn't she watch action movies!?

Ian.

If she did, she would also had forgotten to put a magazine first of all.

Btw, don't they teach how to use fire weapons before they let them loose in the streets?

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kenpomachine

Btw, don't they teach how to use fire weapons before they let them loose in the streets?

Yes, but many at the time had ben trained on the much simpler, reliable revolver. Than you have to go through training to carry an auto loader, but they let you start carrying it until you get the training. The scary thing is this person had been working for several months carrying that weapon that she thought would fire if she pulled the trigger. For the record that was a federal agency, and California agencies in general would not allow you to carry a weapon you had not fully qualified with. They even make you qualify with "off duty" weapons.

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Damn scary training proceedures if you ask me, letting people wander around with weapons they aren't trained to use, especially guns.

But, I don't do political debate on-line anymore, only ever ends up an argument, so I'll say no more about it :asian:

Ian.

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
most folks shouldn't be allowed near a firearm of any sort, much less an clip fed. My Glock is olden days. Has 15 rounds per magazine... 15 chances to wreak havoc galore in the hand of some people out there. Almost gives me the cold shakes.

It will be most interesting to see how this concealed carry weapon thang shakes out here in Billy-Bob land.

RE: Glock Safety... There are 2 seperate actions that have to happen in the gun before it will fire, after the trigger is pulled. I've seen the Glock dropped from a scootin' along helicopter from about 100 feet up. The gun hit the runway and bounced a number of times. The chopper landed, the rep got out, picked up the Glock and dropped 15 rounds into a target... Reliable and safe within the confines of the gun education. Like I said, I like the Smitty, but I'll stick with my comfort zone.

Actually, I would like to have the S&W .50 caliber, but there's no one around who is big enough to warran that purchase. :lol:

S

Stick Dummy

GD7,

Be careful - " Lil' Cupcake" is into the steel fans.................

BTW-She REALLY enjoyed chatting with on your last trip up to HillyBilly land.

Me, anything at hand, is better than busting, a hand. :erg:

You've seen some of my toys, like the Tom Kier custom Kerambit,
"Mikeys" seen some of the others in the Dungeon, or at work :D.

Of course I'm not trained with them, but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night................

parkerkarate

Blue Belt
Reaction score
As of right know I can not chose between the K-bar (combat knife) or Kukari (short sword). They are both really similar in how they are used. They use many of the same patters for slashes and thrusts. ANd when you pull them out of the opponent you twist the handle for two reason. If you thruse and they move you kan still catch them with a slash. And if the knife is in them it will widen the hole and make the injury more servere. Good Stuff :D :D.

I have to agree that iron fans are a little too girly don't mean to be mean.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Originally posted by Klondike93
Did Mr. Parker advocate any weapons other than your hands feet?

I believe there is an anecdote on a Parker Memorial website mentioning that a person saw Mr. Parker carrying a gun. When he asked him why, thinking that martial arts should be enough, Mr. Parker was said to have replied while holding his hands out, "These hands don't work from ten(?) feet out."

I'm not sure if I am remembering that correctly. I may be off on the exact quote and the distance. Perhaps Mr. C knows of the story better and may shed more light on it. He was the one who directed me to the memorial website some time ago.

- Ceicei

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My favorite weapons?

I like my 9mm glock. As far as what I've learned within Kenpo (to date, just the nunchakus and bo staff), I really like the staff.

When I start learning more about other weapons, my preference probably will change.

- Ceicei

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
GD7, thank you for the URL to that website again!

Klondike, Mr. Parker wrote a book on nunchakus. There also are other anecdotes on that same website showing Mr. Parker handling different weapons. I think the story of him in the kitchen with the knives is funny!

- Ceicei

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
There's a story on there about SGM Parker playing with all the knives in Master Rose's drawer one evening as well, so I guess he was a fan of the blade too :)

Ian.

T

TIGER DRAGON FIGHT

i currently know the shaolin saber, double hook swords and spear.

i would like to learn
9 section chain whip
kwon dao
straight sword
shaolin bo staff

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
Smith & Wesson model # 4006 40 calibre with hi capacity mag, tritium novak sites, loaded with hi velocity KD's.

Why? Because when you absolutely, positively, have to drop a ***** - it works. Besides that's what they gave me and it has my name on it (among other toys).

K

Kevin Walker

All my favorite weapons progressively became illegal in Massachusetts as the years went by: Nunchakus, sai, yawara stick, whip chain, and a double edged knife. We practiced our Nunchaku techniques with an obi in the 1970s after they were outlawed.

Now with the Democratic National Convention being held in Boston at the end of July, and all the police starting already to pour into Boston checking bags and everything, don't even get caught with a pair of fingernail clippers or they will be construed as a lethal weapon.

R

Rainman

Doc said:
Smith & Wesson model # 4006 40 calibre with hi capacity mag, tritium novak sites, loaded with hi velocity KD's.

Why? Because when you absolutely, positively, have to drop a ***** - it works. Besides that's what they gave me and it has my name on it (among other toys).

LOL, you're killing me!

A

auxprix

I've always loved chinese pole arms (especially the spear and kwan dao)

I also like the katana, for it's functuality
the butterfly knives of wing chun, for speed
and the deer horn knives of Ba Gua, just for looking sweet.

R

Rainman

Doc said:
Not you - THEM!

(First chance you get please, I need a phone number for AC)

hey I gave him your number- he said "SIFU?" I said that is old school... Dr. Chapel now... hope he calls you soon. and if I ever get my damn car fixed right I gonna see you too!!!

qi-tah

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Love my deer hook knives... a fast and tricky weapon (count 'em both as one).
I also love my jo, it's so simple and versatile.

One thing that i would love to learn to wield is the rope dart.... anyone done anything with that??

Latest Discussions