Butterfly Pic

Blade96

Senior Master
Reaction score
well I took a piccie of a blue morpho butterfly at a tropical exhibit of live butterflies in st johns in april 2008

but I dont wanna post it here cause someone might steal my photography :(

I took a nice pic of a tiger swallowtail that was in my bedroom though last year. :)

I fancy butterfly photography. :)

Hope you like my photography =]

2laze4p.jpg

j79rf9.jpg

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Indeed.

In Japanese mythology, the butterfly is seen as the soul of a swordsman - given the art I practise, it's no surprise that, to me, it's one of the more beautiful myths from around the world :D.

It might be a myth, but when Sensei Shaw passed on, all that year I had a butterfly in my house, even through the winter ... I like to think it was him keeping an eye on what one of his students was up to as I transitioned from kyu to dan (particularly as there was a wonderful Red Admiral in the hall on the day I became shodan) :).

ShelleyK

Brown Belt
Reaction score
AM i blind? I dont see anything?
If youre concerned about someone stealing your photos its easy enough to put a watermark over the photo, which isnt foolproof but 9 times out of 10 will deter anybody from taking it ;)

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I see 2 images Shelley.

I like the one on the bottom best. :)

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Very nice indeed... hard enough to make sure the butterfly won't suddenly take off or flap it's wings right when the shutter is open.
Funny how they were originally called Flutter-bys... but somehow (probably someone dyslexic ) had gotten the letters mixed up and the name stuck.
Still pretty neato.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Very nice! I also like the bottom one :)

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I gotta agree the second one is the best shot. Nice work.

There is a butterfly conservatory 5 minutes away from me, they charge a stupid price to get in, but everybody has a camera.

The soul of a swordsman is a butterfly??? I never heard that one from anyone before, do you have a link Mark? I just assumed mine was scotch, chocolate and steak.

OP
Blade96

Blade96

Senior Master
Reaction score
AM i blind? I dont see anything?
If youre concerned about someone stealing your photos its easy enough to put a watermark over the photo, which isnt foolproof but 9 times out of 10 will deter anybody from taking it ;)

how do I make a watermark?

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In Photoshop you just add a layer on top of the one you're working on. Most image editors I've used allow that or something similar. Check the software you're using as it might have an option to add text or import another image. If you can do that, check if you can adjust the text/items visibility or transparency.

Did that make sense?