Umm... We gotta talk about BOB SAPP.

OP
Bee Brian

Bee Brian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I don't know what I looked dup, but it was probably Mayweather bench press, or Mayweather weightlift numbers or something like that.

I saw that too. It was a video of a guy named floyd, that anyone who knows what Mayweather looks like would know isn't him, benching 365. And I've got no way of knowing if that's part of his regular routine or not..feel free to assume he doesn't do it often.

But it disproves the two things you wrote. That he thinks lifting weights is bad (he wouldn't do it for the media if he thought that, he gets enough bad press for the training he thinks is good), and that I can cite the numbers that he lifts.

He's a bodyweight-training guy. Let's just go ahead and assume he really does believe in the bench press. Dips and pull ups are weight training exercises too, so yeah. He's an advocate of weight training.

It still doesn't count. And if it does, it's only gonna prove my assertion that punching power is all about upper-body strength because the greatest boxer ever only does upper-body resistance training.

In order for an athlete to really, truly be considered a weight training practitioner, he has to train his whole body with weights. Obviously, doing the big, multi-jointed movements like power cleans and bench presses are ideal, but even isolation exercises will count to something as long as he is training his full body as a unit that needs to be challenged so it'll get STRONGER. You can't cherry pick it. Otherwise, you're gonna be one of those novice lifters who do curls and train their legs by playing rugby and soccer.

There is an atmosphere unique to boxing, I'm sure. But it's the same with powerlifting. If you go to a powerlifting gym and you're a novice, the only way for you to be treated with respect is by showing humility and a willingness to learn. If you go there puffing up your pecs and biceps and talk about how you got strong legs because you do cross-country skiing, they're gonna treat you like poo.

And GOD FORBID it's an Olympic Lifting gym. My God, people are not gonna be able to contain their laughter.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
He's a bodyweight-training guy. Let's just go ahead and assume he really does believe in the bench press. Dips and pull ups are weight training exercises too, so yeah. He's an advocate of weight training.

It still doesn't count. And if it does, it's only gonna prove my assertion that punching power is all about upper-body strength because the greatest boxer ever only does upper-body resistance training.

In order for an athlete to really, truly be considered a weight training practitioner, he has to train his whole body with weights. Obviously, doing the big, multi-jointed movements like power cleans and bench presses are ideal, but even isolation exercises will count to something as long as he is training his full body as a unit that needs to be challenged so it'll get STRONGER. You can't cherry pick it. Otherwise, you're gonna be one of those novice lifters who do curls and train their legs by playing rugby and soccer.

There is an atmosphere unique to boxing, I'm sure. But it's the same with powerlifting. If you go to a powerlifting gym and you're a novice, the only way for you to be treated with respect is by showing humility and a willingness to learn. If you go there puffing up your pecs and biceps and talk about how you got strong legs because you do cross-country skiing, they're gonna treat you like poo.

And GOD FORBID it's an Olympic Lifting gym. My God, people are not gonna be able to contain their laughter.
There is so much moving the goal posts in the first half of that, and so much obliviousness/lack of self-awareness in the second I don't even know how to respond.

OP
Bee Brian

Bee Brian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
There is so much moving the goal posts in the first half of that, and so much obliviousness/lack of self-awareness in the second I don't even know how to respond.

Sorry. I'm educated but I'm not really sharp. lol.

Still, I'll go watch some Floyd May-feather-fist videos and see how pathetic he is. It's gonna be comedic.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
My best squat right now is 305 pounds for 5 reps, same exact form I did on that video I showed. Second week lifting. Imagine that. Years of zero training and I'm already squatting that much in Week Two. I'm just giving everyone an idea of my natural leg strength.

I just felt like I should mention it because it feels like everyone here is sizing me up. lol. So there you go.
are tou going to parallel

im glad you pleased, but you have a way to go, you need to be lifting twice body weight with yoyr arms and three times with your legs before you can start to thinĺk of your selve as strong

push ups are full body exercises

OP
Bee Brian

Bee Brian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
are tou going to parallel

im glad you pleased, but you have a way to go, you need to be lifting twice body weight with yoyr arms and three times with your legs before you can start to thinĺk of your selve as strong

push ups are full body exercises

No they're not! For crying out loud, Jobo...

You're probably a cool guy in real life since you're good with the ladies but dude... Just go to T-nation, pick some key articles, and deeply study them, rereading them many times for a few weeks.

Come on man. I'm doing the equivalent in boxing. Be fair and return the favor by actually being interested in bodybuilding. What's next, you're gonna tell me jump-rope builds kicking power?

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Still, I'll go watch some Floyd May-feather-fist videos and see how pathetic he is. It's gonna be comedic.
do you know how rich he has got , by being to fast to hit, ? and as a result has kept most if his brain function and he has knocked a lot of fighter out

in not at all sure pathetic us the votrect adjective, particulary comming from someone whis mum wont let him have a spear

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score

You're probably a cool guy in real life since you're good with the ladies but dude... Just go to T-nation, pick some key articles, and deeply study them, rereading them many times for a few weeks.

Come on man. I'm doing the equivalent in boxing. Be fair and return the favor by actually being interested in bodybuilding. What's next, you're gonna tell me jump-rope builds kicking power?
well they are, well they are if you do them correctly,

KOKarate

Green Belt
Reaction score
My best squat right now is 305 pounds for 5 reps, same exact form I did on that video I showed. Second week lifting. Imagine that. Years of zero training and I'm already squatting that much in Week Two. I'm just giving everyone an idea of my natural leg strength.

I just felt like I should mention it because it feels like everyone here is sizing me up. lol. So there you go.
Mate how many times....no one here cares about your squat numbers this is a Martial art forum not a bodybuilding one

KOKarate

Green Belt
Reaction score

Lol feather fists because he’s fighting the very best in the world him against you and you’d be on the floor in seconds

KOKarate

Green Belt
Reaction score

Again as I’ve already said skipping is done to work on co-ordination foot speed and being light on your toes which results in better footwork which are all very important for boxing and it’s also a cardio workout. No not as much as a 5 mile run would be but in fight gyms skipping is generally used as a warm up

OP
Bee Brian

Bee Brian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Again as I’ve already said skipping is done to work on co-ordination foot speed and being light on your toes which results in better footwork which are all very important for boxing and it’s also a cardio workout. No not as much as a 5 mile run would be but in fight gyms skipping is generally used as a warm up

I didn't oppose you dude. I just said, Jobo might end up saying jump-rope might build your kicking power. I wasn't antagonizing anything you said.

Highlander

Green Belt
Reaction score
If you go to a powerlifting gym and you're a novice, the only way for you to be treated with respect is by showing humility and a willingness to learn. If you go there puffing up your pecs and biceps and talk about how you got strong legs because you do cross-country skiing, they're gonna treat you like poo
Sorta like if you start telling people the best way to do things that you have literally zero experience in?

OP
Bee Brian

Bee Brian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Sorta like if you start telling people the best way to do things that you have literally zero experience in?

I'm the exception to the rule.

Just kidding. But I'm here to prove something. I wanna back up my hypothesis by proving it empirically.

KOKarate

Green Belt
Reaction score

Just kidding. But I'm here to prove something. I wanna back up my hypothesis by proving it empirically.
All you’re proving is how arrogant you are and how big your ego is

OP
Bee Brian

Bee Brian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
All you’re proving is how arrogant you are and how big your ego is

So? Having a big ego is an asset. It drove Yujiro Hanma and Napoleon Bonaparte into the highest annals of achievement. It's my turn to shine and join them in great-people heaven.

Highlander

Green Belt
Reaction score

Well good luck. People here are trying to save you some time and energy. But you're beyond reason. Maybe once you get in to see a couch you'll perk your ears a little more.

KOKarate

Green Belt
Reaction score
So? Having a big ego is an asset. It drove Yujiro Hanma and Napoleon Bonaparte into the highest annals of achievement. It's my turn to shine and join them in great-people heaven.
Well stop talking and get on with it then

KOKarate

Green Belt
Reaction score
Well good luck. People here are trying to save you some time and energy. But you're beyond reason. Maybe once you get in to see a couch you'll perk your ears a little more.
He’s literally already said he’ll get a coach but won’t listen to them