Book's

Grey Eyed Bandit

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Something recently occurred to me on the subject of Bujinkan books.

Why is it that no one has ever written a book about actual Bujinkan training? Not philosophy, not history, not weapons, but rather about what it's really like to train in the Bujinkan on a daily basis?

U?.G.P! doesn't qualify as such a book if you ask me, because most Bujinkan members are active outside of Japan. Ok, I guess the major reason would be that no Bujinkan dojo is exactly like any other. Fine, why not make an effort to interview a whole bunch of people about it? Not just judan+, all kinds of practitioners.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nimravus said:
Something recently occurred to me on the subject of Bujinkan books.

Why is it that no one has ever written a book about actual Bujinkan training? Not philosophy, not history, not weapons, but rather about what it's really like to train in the Bujinkan on a daily basis?

U?.G.P! doesn't qualify as such a book if you ask me, because most Bujinkan members are active outside of Japan. Ok, I guess the major reason would be that no Bujinkan dojo is exactly like any other. Fine, why not make an effort to interview a whole bunch of people about it? Not just judan+, all kinds of practitioners.

There ya go Nim, start writing.

stone_dragone

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Going back to AK's bok for a second (and I use it entirely as a segue, btw), I have a copy that was bought back when I was 14 (I think). I remember reading it and thinking after only a few months in Karate "Wow, this guys off his rocker" or something to that effect.

But on the topic of books...is there an opinion of Barry Ichman? He wrote a boke called the Tao of Ninpo which I bought in a $2.00 box of books which also included a Garfield graphic book and a Stephen King novel or two. I checked on Amazon and found that the same book by Ichman was being sold for almost $300 !! I think that it didnt sell, but still, it wasn't the only high priced version as the lowest price there was $95 or something like that (this was about 4 years ago when I was at Ft Rucker). I'm just trying to figure out why that book, which on the outside looks like another AK manual, would be so expensive.

Any help?

Grey Eyed Bandit

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
There ya go Nim, start writing.

I'll hand you the first draft of my upcoming "The Vice Guide to Bujinkan Uke and Tori" by PM when it's done. Then you tell me if you think I'm fit to write something that'll be suitable for everyone to read. :mp5: