Book's

K

Kazuki

Hey dudes, i have 2 importent questions:

1. I buy Ashida Kim's book "Ninja steel body" , and i want to ask u are in the book true or its only stupid lies ?? Are the treining's writed there good or they are only waste of time ??

2. Do u know some good books about ninja ? please write title and writers.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The Ashida Kim books are a waste of time. He's a fraud. Search here or see the Wikipidia entry on him for more info.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I know Kazuki has only posted a few times and if I missed saying welcome to the forum please forgive me.
But you have to be kidding about KIm use the search engine on this site to see thought on him by members past and present

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kazuki said:
Hey dudes, i have 2 importent questions:

1. I buy Ashida Kim's book "Ninja steel body" , and i want to ask u are in the book true or its only stupid lies ?? Are the treining's writed there good or they are only waste of time ??

2. Do u know some good books about ninja ? please write title and writers.

The last thing you should buy are book by this person. If you're looking for books, I'd look for ones published by Dr. Hatsumi.

I'm sure that the members of the BBT community can provide you with some other excellent resources.

Mike

AdrenalineJunky

Black Belt
Reaction score
-MOD NOTE-

Post deleted to comply with the Ninjutsu Forum's NO REAL ULTIMATE POWER policy.

OP
K

Kazuki

I read on wikipedia about him and he has a good opinion, as a teacher and writer, so why so bad opinion from your side dudes ??

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kazuki said:
I read on wikipedia about him and he has a good opinion, as a teacher and writer, so why so bad opinion from your side dudes ??

If you have not done so already, it may be a good idea to check out a legit BBT instructor and then compare what you see there to what you hear about Kim.

Mike

Grey Eyed Bandit

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Kazuki said:
I read on wikipedia about him and he has a good opinion, as a teacher and writer,

I hear he has a very liberal attitude towards sharing bomb recipes with fourteen-year-olds. Go figure.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kazuki said:

Wikipedia tries very hard to maintain a neutral point of view on all issues.

Reading between the lines in that article, I certainly sense criticism.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
He is well discussed here and on other forums.

The common opinion of Ashida Kim, HaHa Lung and a few other individuals is that they fall far from what is real ninjutsu or effective martial arts.

There has also been speculation that Ashida Kim (real name Christopher Hunter) has also writen as Dr. HaHa Lung, as well as other pen names.

I believe I do have one of his books, located between my Dungeon Masters Guide and Monster Manual.

My martial arts books are on a different book case. :)

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kim whines to wikipedia whenever something unfavorable is written, then one of his syncophants writes a fluff bio.
Re: the bomb recipe thing, I once wrote an e-mail to Kim's webmaster after reading a post by Kim on his forum where he hinted that his followers should kill some of the publishers who he says owe him money for his books. The webmaster wrote a long-winded rant about how he did not believe in censoring his customers. This was followed immediately by an e-mail from the man himself, in his usual profane, semi-rabid style, accusing me of everything from hacking his forum to forging the post in question... :rolleyes:

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kazuki said:

There is a link on his webpage to a free download of his book. Download it, read it, and tell me if you can take it seriously...

Bob Hubbard said:
I believe I do have one of his books, located between my Dungeon Masters Guide and Monster Manual.

Funny you mention that. Got the 2nd edition Oriental Adventures book? Look in the reference section at whos books they based the Ninja stuff on...

:D

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ironic that the topic turns to fantasy gaming when discussing Ashida Kim's books.... :D

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
-MOD NOTE-

Thread Split into to the Rec Room for discussion of Dungeons and Dragons.

AdrenalineJunky

Black Belt
Reaction score
AdrenalineJunky said:
-MOD NOTE-

Post deleted to comply with the Ninjutsu Forum's NO REAL ULTIMATE POWER policy.

Yikes! Guess I should have paid attention to the :rules: So sowwy! I was just trying to be funny.

OP
T

TheBattousai

I recommend Koga Ryu Ninjutsu by Dr. William Durbin and concure that Hatsumi's books would be good also.

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
TheBattousai said:
I recommend Koga Ryu Ninjutsu by Dr. William Durbin and concure that Hatsumi's books would be good also.
Given his associations with both Juko Kai and Nimr Hassan, um..... no.

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kreth said:
Given his associations with both Juko Kai and Nimr Hassan, um..... no.

Not to mention that almost everything I read from him makes me and every other guy in Japan I know laugh. I have to give him this, he can pile in on so thick that people who do not have an understanding of the language, culture, etc can be carried away by what he writes. But if you know about the subject matter even as much as I do, you can't help but wonder to scream or laugh at what he writes.

Latest Discussions