Beyond ITF, WTF

Marchfly

White Belt
Reaction score
Well, i'm only a beginner. (Y2) but my training is affiliated with Taekwondo Australia, which is also affiliated under WTF. The head instructor and owner is a 7th Dan, and 3 of the assistant instructors are all recent 5th Dan grade.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, i'm only a beginner. (Y2) but my training is affiliated with Taekwondo Australia, which is also affiliated under WTF. The head instructor and owner is a 7th Dan, and 3 of the assistant instructors are all recent 5th Dan grade.

Beong affiliated with WTF that is great but remember the WTF and the KKW are two seperate identities. So do you recieve KKW cerification or are the done though the Tae Kwon Do Australia?

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
That's Keith Yates' org, I believe. If I recall correctly he's in the Allen Steen-Jhoon Rhee line.

SageGhost83

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I think that it is good to move beyond ITF and WTF so that their quarrels do not become our quarrels, and more than anything, so that we do not get bogged down with Korean nationalism or Korean nationalist agendas. If a school is no longer affiliated with either org, then they can create their own curriculum to meet their own students' needs, and they can practice the forms that they choose to practice, not the ones that are dictated to them for nationalist purposes. Going beyond ITF and WTF will allow Taekwondo to truly move forward and evolve. I hear so much about a possible merger between ITF and WTF, but it seems that most people are fed up with the politics and are simply going their own direction - letting whatever happens in Korea, happen in Korea. They are creating their own orgs and putting the whole ITF/WTF thing behind them so that they can focus on what's really important - training.

Latest Discussions