Best side kick I have seen on Youtube

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Whang has some spazzy hands but he has the best side kick on youtube in terms of hip engagement (as with all his techniques).

He was had home training and then attended gradings, so form wasn't as sharp.

11:15
Very nice kicks. I do not agree with the arm motion on the roundhouse kicks. Is that how your school teaches them?

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Very nice kicks. I do not agree with the arm motion on the roundhouse kicks. Is that how your school teaches them?

My school did not teach anything about arm motions which is strange. But they are usually better from people who train formally.

I don't have the best arm motions in the world but they are more still than his. Wish I had his hips though

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
My school did not teach anything about arm motions which is strange. But they are usually better from people who train formally.

I don't have the best arm motions in the world but they are more still than his. Wish I had his hips though
The motion at speed seems to cancel out some of the kicking energy. If you notice, when he is doing the kick slow he 'double clutches' the arm on the kicking side to.

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The motion at speed seems to cancel out some of the kicking energy. If you notice, when he is doing the kick slow he 'double clutches' the arm on the kicking side to.

His arm motions are particularly bad during the kick travel on some of them, which is very strange. Really spazzy. Then some kicks they are more or less ok.

I do notice balance issues cropping up here and there also when he does turning around kicks.

But he's still a hero of mine.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Whang has some spazzy hands but he has the best side kick on youtube in terms of hip engagement (as with all his techniques).

He was had home training and then attended gradings, so form wasn't as sharp.

11:15

His hips do telleth the truth!