Reaction score
Queens of light :D (and goodies)

lucia2006_med.jpg
ST.%20Lucia.jpg
Saint-Lucia-in-Stockholm1.jpg

6a00e5521f4a6888340147e0498c1c970b-800wi
stlucia-2003.jpg

LUCIA-2013-5x7-700x980.jpg

Thanks, I had no idea this kind of thing even went on. That last one even looks kind of familiar.

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thanks, I had no idea this kind of thing even went on. That last one even looks kind of familiar.

Kate Blanchet as Galadriel in the LOTR/Hobbit movies often holds a similar pose. Maybe that`s it.

large.jpg

aedrasteia

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Hey Gran - here's a picture of the buns. recipe and tips will follow. I make 4 or 5 dozen
and share w/friends and family. Wish i could make them for all MTs.
w/affection A

Zero

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Kate Blanchet as Galadriel in the LOTR/Hobbit movies often holds a similar pose. Maybe that`s it.

No, she looked a bit like one of those English princesses, was it Beatrice or Eugenie or something or maybe Zara, from a side profile.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I hereby declare you an honorary Scandinavian and bestow Odin`s blessing upon thee. As such you are charged with bringing buns and coffee to the people. Now rise and serve well!

odin_s_secrets_by_samflegal-d5rv1vu.jpg

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHA.
Be careful what you wish for!

:viking3:

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mod Note:
Some posts that were off topic have been removed for staff review. Please stay on topic.
Thank you.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ironically a good friend just messaged me and said

"A [winter] storm is coming. Media says to light hair on fire."

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Going back to the OP I think being politically correct and being tactful are great but there are just times when saying whats on your mind with explicit words gets the point across faster and is understood better. The heck with if it bothers someones sense of right or wrong, let them know your feelings in plain words

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Going back to the OP I think being politically correct and being tactful are great but there are just times when saying whats on your mind with explicit words gets the point across faster and is understood better. The heck with if it bothers someones sense of right or wrong, let them know your feelings in plain words
I can see what you're saying, but IMO, it really depends. There is a difference, I think, between speaking plainly and being rude. You can speak plainly without being rude or offensive.

If being understood by someone is truly the goal, offending that person will likely work against you, and choosing to say, "The heck with if it bothers someone's sense of right or wrong" will render your entire message invisible. Often, when someone is offended, they shut down, and everything said before and after is white noise.

My personal belief is that usually, when someone chooses (as in, knowingly) to be rude or offensive, they are doing it to make themselves feel better. Effective communication isn't a priority.