Back from Vacation - National Tournament in 2 days

karatemom

Green Belt
Reaction score
Yikes! Been away from training about a month - was in Hawaii for 2 weeks :boing2:
Now I gotta train hard to compete on Friday. National ITA tournament here in town. (traditional forms, free design and sparring)....

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congrats and glad you are back and refreshed for the tournament.

OP
karatemom

karatemom

Green Belt
Reaction score
Thanks!

Who knew that 35-45 yr old women would be so tough?! Those 1st and 2nd degree ladies really came to throw down! I walked away with bronze (3rd place) in free design forms... nerves got to me during my traditional form and messed up the high spearhand (Gae-Bak form) - only 1 judge saw it and it wasn't my best ... have really struggled to learn this form - I was one of the lower ranks and the only one with that form in my ring.

Got to watch the 6th and 7th degrees do their demos today - that is really humbling as a 1st degree to watch.

No where to go from here but up! I did enjoy competing and for me it's more about having fun .... some of those ladies where there to WIN !!!

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks!

Who knew that 35-45 yr old women would be so tough?! Those 1st and 2nd degree ladies really came to throw down! I walked away with bronze (3rd place) in free design forms... nerves got to me during my traditional form and messed up the high spearhand (Gae-Bak form) - only 1 judge saw it and it wasn't my best ... have really struggled to learn this form - I was one of the lower ranks and the only one with that form in my ring.

Got to watch the 6th and 7th degrees do their demos today - that is really humbling as a 1st degree to watch.

No where to go from here but up! I did enjoy competing and for me it's more about having fun .... some of those ladies where there to WIN !!!

Sounds like yu had a great time, the attitude is right for you with the training. Remember all good things come to those that train.

OP
karatemom

karatemom

Green Belt
Reaction score
Thanks Terry!

You always know the right thing to say. I appreciate your encouragement and support.

Latest Discussions