Anyone heard of Bujinkan Taka-Seigi?

bama1977

White Belt
Reaction score
Is Bujinkan Taka-Seigi the same as just Bujinkan? I have been in martial arts awhile and to confess I have not really heard of this. My friend invited to come train at his Bujinkan Taka-Seigi dojo. I looked it up and didn't see a lot of information on Bujinkan Taka-Seigi (unbiased anyway). I did see the Wiki page for just Bujikan. So, two questions for you all:

1. Are Bujinkan Taka-Seigi and Bujinkan the same? If so why do some add the extra name?

2. Have you heard of it (them) and if so what are your thoughts and impressions on it?

Thank you in advance!

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Taka-Seigi is Shihan Phillip Legare's organization and it is in the Bujinkan. Practitioner's in the Taka-Seigi organization are ranked in the Bujinkan.

I personally know Phil and he is a great guy who prides himself on transferring quality training to his students. He goes out of his way to make sure that people training under him learn and improve.

OP
B

bama1977

White Belt
Reaction score
Thank you. I have mostly stayed in Kenpo and wasn't familiar with this style. I looked up some stuff on YouTube and it seemed sorta hooky...some of reminded me of George Dillion. Maybe I looked up the wrong thing?

From you said though it seems like you are familiar with it. I do not want to be rude to my friend, but is this is the no touch knock out stuff I am not interested. I am guess this is not like that? Could you point me to a good source to learn more about this system? Thanks.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Phil, does not do no touch knockouts. That is not what he does at all. He trains in Bujinkan and does Budo Taijutsu.

Here is his website:
http://takaseigi.com/

The last posts I saw regarding Phil is that he was back in Japan training with Soke Hatsumi. Before that Rory Miller was in conducting seminars and before that they had some group training on shotgun usage, information on the tactical pen and information on active shooters. Take a look at his site.

Latest Discussions