Any None American Kempo here?

  • Thread starter webpage20022003
  • Start date
W

webpage20022003

Guest
i just wonder if anybody here belongs to NONE American KEMPO ?

when i look in this thread, i see ALL american kempo practioner
 
Keep looking there are several of us from different styles, there are a few here from Ryukyu Kempo, keep looking you will find us...

:asian:
 
Originally posted by satans.barber
Same thing as American Kenpo, spelling it properly doesn't change what it is :p

Ian.

Perhaps not, but it makes me shudder while remembering a Kempo article in BB magazine, showing techniques with a baby in one of your arms.

Besides, Kenpo is Kenpo, dang it!! :p
 
Originally posted by XtremeJ_AKKI


Besides, Kenpo is Kenpo, dang it!! :p

i prefer KEMPO over KENPO . why?

KENPO means being Nice (see a big N??

KEMPO means no NICE( see a big M?)

see a big different?
 
Originally posted by webpage20022003
i prefer KEMPO over KENPO . why?

KENPO means being Nice (see a big N??

KEMPO means no NICE( see a big M?)

see a big different?

Yep, I see two different arts.

When I pick up a certain book to freshen up on concepts, I see " The Encyclopedia of Kenpo " on the cover.

When I look at the AKKI crest on my gi top, I see the words " Kenpo Karate " on it.

Last time I checked, we were doing Parker Kenpo.

But, I digress.
 
*sigh yet again* It's amazing how misinformed people can be about their own stuff....

but I digress...

Ken can mean a number of things. Most commonly in the realms of Budo, it means sword (As in Kukishin ryu Kenpo) or fist (American Kenpo).

Kenpo and Kempo are based on kanji. Those kanji hold the meaning...not the american alphabet used to pronounce it.

So in essence...the only reason there is conflict of which is correct is because you're westerners that don't know better.

Ryukyu Kempo seems to prefer using the 'm'...does that make them wrong? No...not a bit. Neither is correct...neither is wrong.

If you want to get technical (since you're attempting to do so), Kenpo should have never been used to describe Mr. Parker's martial art. "Po" does not simply mean "Law of"...it has deeper, religous tie.
 
I'm simply going off the fact that, though once upon a time the only difference was spelling and pronounciation, these days there are several different ( distinct ) systems which use the term Kempo, and several that use the term Kenpo. I believe, if my memory of histary serves me correct, there are versions of a story of a break between a teacher and his student, where one went off and changed the spelling of the art's name to differentiate his teachings from those of his former teacher ( or something like that, perhaps KenpoJoe can help me get the story straight ).
 
it's really hard to know who belongs to american kempo and who does not

it's nice to see all different style of kempo system in here. And about KEMPO and KENPO, i don't see anything big different at all.

just bring up another point of view from another web site which i thought interesting so that everybody can see:) :cool: :shrug: :rofl: :asian:
 
Originally posted by Jay Bell
[B

"Po" does not simply mean "Law of"...it has deeper, religous tie. [/B]

you mean like "Thomas Mitose style of KEMPO?"
 
Originally posted by webpage20022003
it's really hard to know who belongs to american kempo and who does not

it's nice to see all different style of kempo system in here. And about KEMPO and KENPO, i don't see anything big different at all.

just bring up another point of view from another web site which i thought interesting so that everybody can see:) :cool: :shrug: :rofl: :asian:
What system of Kempo do you train in? Your profile is incomplete.:asian:
 
Originally posted by kenmpoka
What system of Kempo do you train in? Your profile is incomplete.:asian:

my profile is not incomplete. I simply like to keep my profile LOW. I'm a casual guy....just love what i'm doing...........SURF the internet

what belt do you have ?

are you First or second DEGREE black belt or should i call you GRANDMASTER NOW?
 
Originally posted by webpage20022003
my profile is not incomplete. I simply like to keep my profile LOW. I'm a casual guy....just love what i'm doing...........SURF the internet

what belt do you have ?

are you First or second DEGREE black belt or should i call you GRANDMASTER NOW?
Based on the question you are asking, I would suggest, sir. And before I get bashed on that, I refer to all males within my sphere, sir and all females ma'am. I do it, I expect my students to do it. It is just good manners. I also feel that it coincides with the belt pledges Mr. Parker laid down.
:asian:
 
Originally posted by Seig
Based on the question you are asking, I would suggest, sir. And before I get bashed on that, I refer to all males within my sphere, sir and all females ma'am. I do it, I expect my students to do it. It is just good manners. I also feel that it coincides with the belt pledges Mr. Parker laid down.
:asian:

first of all, is kenmpoka one of your students ? if not, i don't know what you prefer.

secondly, when i have 1 question to ask you, you have 2 choices: Either answer it or don't answer. Why do you have a third choice??? getting angry.:confused: :confused: :confused:

lastly, about the belt ....i don't really care what you and other have because it's not in my interest. As long as we can defense ourself, that's all matter.

when i look at kenmpoka's web site, he seems to open his own dojo. The last thing you know, people eventually become GRANDMASTER at no time.


that's my 2 cents
 
Originally posted by webpage20022003
first of all, is kenmpoka one of your students ? if not, i don't know what you prefer.

secondly, when i have 1 question to ask you, you have 2 choices: Either answer it or don't answer. Why do you have a third choice??? getting angry.:confused: :confused: :confused:

lastly, about the belt ....i don't really care what you and other have because it's not in my interest. As long as we can defense ourself, that's all matter.

when i look at kenmpoka's web site, he seems to open his own dojo. The last thing you know, people eventually become GRANDMASTER at no time.


that's my 2 cents

Maybe you should have titled this thread, "Flame Wars 101"

C'mon man be nice, or go away.

--Dave

:shrug:
 
Originally posted by webpage20022003
When i look at Kenmpoka's web site, he seems to open his own dojo. The last thing you know, people eventually become GRANDMASTER at no time. that's my 2 cents

At least he has a site which allows us to visit his site for philosophy and a little about his martial art journey. He has a complete profile which tell everyone a little about yourself. I think this should be mandatory for all to fill out.

"Those who can DO, those who can't complain, those who can't Do or run out of complaints become critics of others".

:asian:
 
Originally posted by Goldendragon7


"Those who can DO, those who can't complain, those who can't Do or run out of complaints become critics of others".

:asian:

nice quote. How about 1 from me

"THOSE who CAN do, DO and THOSE who CAN'T do, TEACH"

no implication. Just word with word
:asian:
 

Latest Discussions

Back
Top