Adventures in Thailand 7

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Been a while.... life got a little too adventurous for a while and didn't feel like talking about it. I'll get the negative crap out of the way so I can get back to talking about the good side of Thailand.

If you are Japanese and female, coming to Thailand is an unecessary risk. In the past couple of months 2 Japanese women have been murdered (these are 2 events that I know of, could be more) One got in her taxi at the airport and was robbed and stabbed to death by her taxi driver. Welcome to FREAKING Thailand!

2 months ago a Japanese friend of a friend of mine took a taxi to a factory outside Bangkok and the driver picked up his buddy and brought her out in the middle of nowhere, brutally gang raped her and left her for dead on the side of the road. She was in hospital for weeks and then went back to Japan.

1 month ago my friend that knew the above mentioned girl, was kidnapped in front of her apartment and brought to a house outside Bangkok where she was sexually tortured all night....... It's getting ridiculous, shortly after that (1week), she gets on a motorcycle taxi and instead of bringing her to her destination he brings her 30 minutes away to remote windy roads where he proceeds to drive recklessly and attempt to elbow her an knock her off the back of the motorcyle at high speed in order to rob her corpse when she hits the pavement. She held on for dear life and he gave up, he was finally forced to stop in traffic and she jumped off and ran away.

My buddy and I brought my Japanese friend to the police to report the kidnapping crime.... they were visibly annoyed that we were actually making them take a report and work. So much so that the inspector started to threaten me about not having my visa and work permit on me. We report a crime and they treat us like the criminals. Not to mention they wanted her to tell all the gory details in front of a room full of eager men just dying to know it all. Complete incompetent buttmunches.

My buddy and I landed up staking out her apartment for a full week.... got barely any sleep and was stressed out to hell, my buddy was in private investigator and security work years ago in Canada so at least we knew what we were doing. Unfortunately the bad guys were actually smart enough not to come back for her like they threatened they would. She moved out right away.

I'm not going to talk about that anymore, makes me mad as hell, these guys will smile right in your face and you'd never guess what they were capable of. Seven years ago when my friend moved here he said he would trust a strange Thai person with his life, now he just doesnt know what to think, things have been getting steadily worse for the past few years.

I'll be posting nicer stories again shortly, look for adventures 8.

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

Tony

Black Belt
Reaction score
Well that puts me off going to Thailand. Thats just awful and really disgusts me as what kind of legal system they have over there where the Police are totally useless!

OP
Damian Mavis

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Don't let it put you off coming here for a visit. I still would rather live here than Canada..... There are plenty of good things about the country and it's a great place for a vacation.

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

Tony

Black Belt
Reaction score
I don't know Damian! everything you've said about Thailand doesn't sound like such a great holiday advertisement. I mean it has such beautiful countryside, buildings, temples, History and culture but I guess it would give me a chance to practice my skills (hehehe!)

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I hope your friends recover. That will take a long time. I'm glad they are out of there.

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't mean to be callous, but is there a reason that Japanese women are being targeted or are they just targets of opportunity that aren't very streetsmart about Thailand's dangers.

OP
Damian Mavis

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Tony.... it's never boring here. I spent 30 years in Canada eating air and just passing time until I die, all my friends have a house, wife and kid and debt for the rest of their lives... that kind of boring existence was not meant for me.

Feisty Mouse, my friend still lives here....

OULobo, it's both, they are targets and they are completely stupid when it comes to street smarts, I'm not worried about sounding callous, they do things and behave in a way that I teach my students not to behave like.... they act like victims. As far as I can tell it's cultural. Japanese women are highly sought after by Thai men and are considered a "catch" if you date one. Unfortunately that means they are also sought after by predators and violent criminals. They stand out in the society and attract alot of attention.

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

Latest Discussions