Girlfriend doing Muay Thai sparring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
You're literally the only one being a dick on here so please see yourself out of it. I know a troll when I see one
Nope I've answered the question you asked you just don't like my answer by the way which one of us me or drop bear since you quoted both of us but said "you're the only one" so which one of us is the one?

OP
J

Joshs1990

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
So you broke your nose in a car accident and the other was by a basketball. Do you get upset about her driving or playing basketball?

I don't think you are insecure and weak, these are things you pointed out.
No of course not I'm not worried about her driving and things like that . She's just told me in the past that she had been hit in the the she's just told me in the past that she had been hit in the face before so it makes me worried for her going forward with myay Thai

OP
J

Joshs1990

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Tr
Nope I've answered the question you asked you just don't like my answer by the way which one of us me or drop bear since you quoted both of us but said "you're the only one" so which one of us is the one?
trollllllololol

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Tr

trollllllololol

Why would I troll a martial arts forum I'm saying my opinion which I don't sugar coat especially on situations like this for reasons I've explained. I've been in martial arts clubs since before you were born kid and seen stuff like this plenty of times so I've seen the signals and know the signs. If I'm wrong I'm wrong whatever but if I'm right I hope your girl realises it very quick

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
(Can't wait to see the 'insane' comments back for that remark lol).

'Insane', mmm. No they aren't insane, you just see them that way because you don't like what they are saying. The posters here are parents, uncles, aunts, brothers and sisters. We also have grandparents, we all also have one thing in common our love of martial arts and our understanding of what martial arts entails.

I'll admit I do have anger issues

Really, we wouldn't have guessed.

I'm a traditional dude and it's definitely weird for me dealing with a girl into fighting as a form of exercise.

It's the 21st Century, you really need to keep up. 'Traditional' men, like my father who is 90 are used to women fighting, he thought it was great when I started martial arts many years ago, he still thinks it great. Women have always fought throughout history, I could name you a great many women who have physically fought.

Idk if anyone on here has ever gotten septoplasty for a broken nose, but the recovery process is essentially that your nose is unusable for a week then they pull used tampon sized bandages in your sinuses.

Yeah, my husband broke his nose, falling off a table in the Mess while doing a Zulu warrior. Served him right.
'Septoplasty', that's not a broken nose as such that's a repair of the septum, quite well known here because of the 'celebrities' who've had to have theirs repaired because cocaine rots the septum through. Broken noses aren't repaired so much now, as long as you can breathe they are left alone, most don't heal crooked. They can be tweaked a bit when newly broken to put back straight but it's not such a big deal. One of my fighters had his nose broken , we went to A&E but they said he was fine, which he was.

I think you came on here, expecting it to be all butch macho men who would slap you on the back, buy you a metaphorical drink and sympathise with you, telling you what a guy you are and how women these days don't know their place. Sorry, it's not like that, we all practice martial arts, we teach and train students regardless of gender, we want people to enjoy their training and their art, we want people to be able to defend themselves, to be confident and competent. Not many of us are going to sympathise with you because your posts are about you, how you feel, how you think and it's coming across as whining, perhaps you don't think it is, but it really is whining. 'Oh poor me, my girlfriend is going to become a good martial artist and she's going to dump me as a whinger', well, yes she is. Of course you can turn it all around, stop being selfish, realise your girl friend is her own person, it's her face, her nose so the decision is entirely up to her. The likelihood is that she won't break her nose ( if she does it will be her fault for not blocking/avoiding by the way) or end up with an 'ugly' face, she will be happier, fitter and more able to look after herself. You have to decide whether that threatens you or pleases you.

OP
J

Joshs1990

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Why would I troll a martial arts forum I'm saying my opinion which I don't sugar coat especially on situations like this for reasons I've explained. I've been in martial arts clubs since before you were born kid and seen stuff like this plenty of times so I've seen the signals and know the signs. If I'm wrong I'm wrong whatever but if I'm right I hope your girl realises it very quick
I thought you were bored by this thread?

KenpoBoxer

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
No of course not I'm not worried about her driving and things like that . She's just told me in the past that she had been hit in the the she's just told me in the past that she had been hit in the face before so it makes me worried for her going forward with myay Thai
So she's been hit in the face before? So does she look like hideous and got a flat nose and no teeth already then?

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
'Insane', mmm. No they aren't insane, you just see them that way because you don't like what they are saying. The posters here are parents, uncles, aunts, brothers and sisters. We also have grandparents, we all also have one thing in common our love of martial arts and our understanding of what martial arts entails.

Really, we wouldn't have guessed.

It's the 21st Century, you really need to keep up. 'Traditional' men, like my father who is 90 are used to women fighting, he thought it was great when I started martial arts many years ago, he still thinks it great. Women have always fought throughout history, I could name you a great many women who have physically fought.

Yeah, my husband broke his nose, falling off a table in the Mess while doing a Zulu warrior. Served him right.
'Septoplasty', that's not a broken nose as such that's a repair of the septum, quite well known here because of the 'celebrities' who've had to have theirs repaired because cocaine rots the septum through. Broken noses aren't repaired so much now, as long as you can breathe they are left alone, most don't heal crooked. They can be tweaked a bit when newly broken to put back straight but it's not such a big deal. One of my fighters had his nose broken , we went to A&E but they said he was fine, which he was.

I think you came on here, expecting it to be all butch macho men who would slap you on the back, buy you a metaphorical drink and sympathise with you, telling you what a guy you are and how women these days don't know their place. Sorry, it's not like that, we all practice martial arts, we teach and train students regardless of gender, we want people to enjoy their training and their art, we want people to be able to defend themselves, to be confident and competent. Not many of us are going to sympathise with you because your posts are about you, how you feel, how you think and it's coming across as whining, perhaps you don't think it is, but it really is whining. 'Oh poor me, my girlfriend is going to become a good martial artist and she's going to dump me as a whinger', well, yes she is. Of course you can turn it all around, stop being selfish, realise your girl friend is her own person, it's her face, her nose so the decision is entirely up to her. The likelihood is that she won't break her nose ( if she does it will be her fault for not blocking/avoiding by the way) or end up with an 'ugly' face, she will be happier, fitter and more able to look after herself. You have to decide whether that threatens you or pleases you.

Yeah I find that quite funny he says about how he wants to stab people and thinks that our comments are insane

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're literally the only one being a dick on here

You say that like it's a bad thing....................

So does she look like hideous and got a flat nose and no teeth already then?

and he's worried that if she breaks her nose again she'll get it fixed, become pretty and leave him........ :D

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
I thought you were bored by this thread?
Yeah but I'm not going to let some kid trash talk me you see that's the thing about people who do martial arts they have the confidence to let people walk all over them. And if your girl goes start to train she'll learn the same thing

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
You say that like it's a bad thing....................

and he's worried that if she breaks her nose again she'll get it fixed, become pretty and leave him........ :D
Absolutely I ain't gonna deny it I can be a dick lol I can be the biggest dick around at times (and no that's not me bragging about my manhood lol thought I'd throw some humour in here lol)

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
You're literally the only one being a dick on here so please see yourself out of it. I know a troll when I see one

At least i know when i am being a dick. How many pages will it take to drive home the same message to you.

And no i am still not your girlfriend so i am not that keen to follow your instructions.

Might just do my own thing.

OP
J

Joshs1990

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
This is too much to keep up with/not worth the time anymore since it's just insults towards me at this point. Thanks to those who gave me legit insight into what sparring is. For those who just wanna call me controlling and say she's gonna leave me, your advice is not welcome and your attitudes towards my questions have made me question why I even tried this. Enjoy your lil fight community. Just got home from work so Ima rip my bong & forget bout y'all ;) Lol peace

ShortBridge

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Let me try yet another approach:

If I said that 1% of the women in our society participate in contact martial arts, I would be way over-stating it, but in the interest of simple math, let's go with it.

That means 99% of the women in your area conform more neatly to your ideas about traditional gender roles. What you're looking for in a woman should be much easier to find that what you have. You can love someone who isn't right for you, but you can't change them and why would you want to. One or the other of you may have to make that call at some point.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
This is too much to keep up with/not worth the time anymore since it's just insults towards me at this point. Thanks to those who gave me legit insight into what sparring is. For those who just wanna call me controlling and say she's gonna leave me, your advice is not welcome and your attitudes towards my questions have made me question why I even tried this. Enjoy your lil fight community. Just got home from work so Ima rip my bong & forget bout y'all ;) Lol peace
Fight community yeah shows how ignorant you are.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions