Active shooter self defense

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I get that this was meant as a joke... but this type of sentiment should never be expressed towards other people, even on the internet, even if we very much disagree with what they say, even if they are annoying.

I would hate to be the last straw, when something goes wrong... I would hate to be any of the straws for that matter... we always blame the last straw, but its the cumulation of straws that did it.
Thanks for posting this.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I question a lot of bare hand gun self-defense stuff. As a person who has had to deal with that in real life, the best thing to do is to learn how to quickly get a read of the situation beyond, physically attacking the shooter.

- If there's no place to run or hide then the gun is probably pointing at you.
- If you are in a position to ambush then you are probably hiding.
- If are close enough to "sucker punch" then the gun is most likely not pointing at you and there's an assumption that the attacker's attention is split.

Most non-law enforcement people who are involved in active shooter situations are the least likely to be physically fit enough to wrestle or grapple with someone. We are talking about 15 seconds best before their strength fails. This doesn't include the time at which a gun may be fired during while trying to take the gun.

Ahmaud Arbery wrestled with a shotgun for about 5 seconds before the first shot went off. People think fighting is complex, unarmed combat against a gun is even more so. A lot of things get complicated when bullets start flying.

MR. SERNA

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
When you say "Federal banks" are you referring to the Federal Reserve banking system?
Yes if you enter into a Federal Bank you will immediately see armed guards that are well trained and prepared.

More over if you enter into a firearm sales store there to you will see armed sales personnel well trained and prepared.

Mr. Serna

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes if you enter into a Federal Bank you will immediately see armed guards that are well trained and prepared.

More over if you enter into a firearm sales store there to you will see armed sales personnel well trained and prepared.
How do you know how well trained or prepared they are?

MR. SERNA

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
How do you know how well trained or prepared they are?
Simply because their entire focus is to protect Governments money. They are not there to protect the citizen customers. In the same way politicians body guards are solely focused on protection of their client, and not the citizens.

A great many of these professionals are military or prior military trained in the science of combat and protocol.

Mr. Serna

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Simply because their entire focus is to protect Governments money. They are not there to protect the citizen customers. In the same way politicians body guards are solely focused on protection of their client, and not the citizens.

A great many of these professionals are military or prior military trained in the science of combat and protocol.

Mr. Serna
So basically you assume they're "well trained and prepared." Gotcha.

MR. SERNA

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
So basically you assume they're "well trained and prepared." Gotcha.
Yes, my assumption has been tested and proved, by those in the past who believed they could test my assumption. As result they are no longer here to argue against my assumption.

As for me I do not wish to test my theory based on facts and data.

Mr. Serna

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yes, my assumption has been tested and proved, by those in the past who believed they could test my assumption.
Huh? Can you explain that?

As result they are no longer here to argue against my assumption.
You killed people who disagreed with you?

Mr. Serna
You don't want to make friends with them, go to the range, and find out if they can shoot? Well, ammo is expensive these days. :p

MR. SERNA

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Huh? Can you explain that?

You killed people who disagreed with you?

You don't want to make friends with them, go to the range, and find out if they can shoot? Well, ammo is expensive these days. :p
I agree, too expensive Lol.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, my assumption has been tested and proved, by those in the past who believed they could test my assumption. As result they are no longer here to argue against my assumption.

Mr. Serna
Can someone provide an English translation? Or is this just gibberish?

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can someone provide an English translation? Or is this just gibberish?
I believe he's stating that those who have tried to attack federal reserve security guards (test his assumption) have failed and were killed as a result (no longer here to test the assumption anymore). Another interpretation would be no longer here just means in jail.

He does not wish to test his theory, as he does not wish to rob a federal bank/fight their guards.

MR. SERNA

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I believe he's stating that those who have tried to attack federal reserve security guards (test his assumption) have failed and were killed as a result (no longer here to test the assumption anymore). Another interpretation would be no longer here just means in jail.

He does not wish to test his theory, as he does not wish to rob a federal bank/fight their guards.
Exactly.

In life we do good, and do bad. The preservation of life is paramount.

Understanding for some their intentions are to do bad for the sake of bad.

Mr. Serna

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Mr. Serna
The Federal Reserve doesn't work that way.

With the passing of the Patriots Act in Oct 2001, all Protection Department staff (guards) at the Federal Reserve, who were very well trained at that time, at least at the Fed in Boston, became Federal Law Enforcement Officers and all went to a Federal Academy for further training.

As for what they protect as a base line - they do not give two squats about the money, never have. Our attitude was, is and always will be, "If they try to get in the vaults, let them. We'll lock them in and deal with them at our leisure."

Even though there was 126 Billion dollars in currency when I left there, nobody gave a damn. Our number one priority was to protect the employees, tenants and guests of the Federal Reserve. That's how we were trained, that's how everyone is trained at all the Federal Reserve Banks, system wide. Money is replaceable, human life is not. And if you tried to hurt any of our people or guests, that would be one quick mistake and very short lived. Condolences to your family.

As for it being a government bank, it is not. Perhaps the most unconstitutional entity in our country, it is a privately owned banking system (think Cartel) And it wields more power than anyone else, anywhere.

It's funny how money works. Them that have it, make the rules.

MR. SERNA

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
The Federal Reserve doesn't work that way.

With the passing of the Patriots Act in Oct 2001, all Protection Department staff (guards) at the Federal Reserve, who were very well trained at that time, at least at the Fed in Boston, became Federal Law Enforcement Officers and all went to a Federal Academy for further training.

As for what they protect as a base line - they do not give two squats about the money, never have. Our attitude was, is and always will be, "If they try to get in the vaults, let them. We'll lock them in and deal with them at our leisure."

Even though there was 126 Billion dollars in currency when I left there, nobody gave a damn. Our number one priority was to protect the employees, tenants and guests of the Federal Reserve. That's how we were trained, that's how everyone is trained at all the Federal Reserve Banks, system wide. Money is replaceable, human life is not. And if you tried to hurt any of our people or guests, that would be one quick mistake and very short lived. Condolences to your family.

As for it being a government bank, it is not. Perhaps the most unconstitutional entity in our country, it is a privately owned banking system (think Cartel) And it wields more power than anyone else, anywhere.

It's funny how money works. Them that have it, make the rules.
Thank you for fine forensic analysis of the new version of the the professionals who protect the federal banking system.

I hold my theory that if you enter into a Federal Bank to rob and take the money you will be stopped by leathel force.

In no way is my response to this thread a position of disrespect to any professional who works in this industry. My response is my personal belief again based on facts and data.

Understanding the new protocols and processes are now in place allowing a criminal to walk in and take the money as long as they do not harm citizens does not change my theory.

Again thank you for your input. Often times in prior threads I see the infighting and set up arguments to negate any real conversation.

Had you participated in this thread revealing you disdain for my theory...

It would be a much better dialog for everyone involved.

Please accept my deepest sincere apology for clearly offending you.

Never my intention.

Mr. Serna

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I hold my theory that if you enter into a Federal Bank to rob and take the money you will be stopped by leathel force.

Highly doubtful. You would probably be arrested. Their authority does not extend to simply executing you, in response to an attempted robbery.

If you escalate the situation by opening fire if you somehow managed to get a firearm into the building or some other thing, you may end up dead. But simply for trying to rob the place, no, they wouldn’t use lethal force. You would be arrested and prosecuted.

MR. SERNA

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Highly doubtful. You would probably be arrested. Their authority does not extend to simply executing you, in response to an attempted robbery.

If you escalate the situation by opening fire if you somehow managed to get a firearm into the building or some other thing, you may end up dead. But simply for trying to rob the place, no, they wouldn’t use lethal force. You would be arrested and prosecuted.
Yes, I agree.

Mr.Serna

Last edited:

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Thank you for fine forensic analysis of the new version of the the professionals who protect the federal banking system.

In no way is my response to this thread a position of disrespect to any professional who works in this industry. My response is my personal belief again based on facts and data.

Understanding the new protocols and processes are now in place allowing a criminal to walk in and take the money as long as they do not harm citizens does not change my theory.

Again thank you for your input. Often times in prior threads I see the infighting and set up arguments to negate any real conversation.

Had you participated in this thread revealing you disdain for my theory...

It would be a much better dialog for everyone involved.

Please accept my deepest sincere apology for clearly offending you.

Never my intention.

Mr. Serna
You in no way offended me, brother, not at all.

As far as anyone walking in and taking any money.....Custer had better odds. There has never been a successful robbery of a Federal Reserve Bank. It might be easy getting in the door, getting out is a whole different kettle of fish.

MR. SERNA

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
You in no way offended me, brother, not at all.

As far as anyone walking in and taking any money.....Custer had better odds. There has never been a successful robbery of a Federal Reserve Bank. It might be easy getting in the door, getting out is a whole different kettle of fish.
Agreed.

Our military and our professionals who work hard are all worth their salt.

Absolutely Custer had better odds..