A special circumstance

OP
P

pankaixilaren

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Agree with MA_student. You don't get anything for free in this world you need to work for it. Making excuses and taking short cuts is the reason you're not in good shape right now. You want to get fit then stop the excuses get to a class do what you can do and slowly get better. No ones going to wave a magic wand and suddenly you'll be mr universe it takes years and years of hard work

Ha ha ha! Of course, not! If I wanted to become "Mr. Universe", I wouldn't be here; but, instead, on a Bodybuilding forum!
I'm not in a hurry... I don't rush to become "super fit"... Slowly-slowly: lose weight, gain stamina, less smoking... lose more weight, gain more stamina, lesser smoking... least smoking... no smoking at all!
That's my ambitiousness on the martial art I'll choose. Neither the T-shirts (I'm talking about the FMA guys), nor the belts (I mean all the others). I don't care about ranks, examinations, tests, fights, competitions... Just, I want to be prepared, if I find myself somewhere, the wrong moment, at the wrong place. Can I wear all the time, at dojo, white belt? It's OK for me, no problem,,, If, I'm sure that I know a technique, or a form, and if my Teacher knows that, too, that's enough for me...I'll be satisfied! I don't see myself as a "Black Belt 2 dan" Sensei, some day, in the future... I don't have such a vision... Actually, to tell you the truth, there are NO Teachers/Sifus/Senseis for me... These are just "helpers"...If you're learning a Martial Art, you're a student for your whole life! You always learn, and you mustn't feel "complete"... never! Martial Arts are based on modesty and humility!
Thank you, too!

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yep really
It's a question which he had no problem answering so why are you getting all upset. I'm leering him know martial arts isn't cheap so he doesn't get into it then have to stop because he can't afford it as that'd be a waste of his time.
i suppose it depends where you live and,where you attend, i consider ma to be,dirt,cheap at,£6 per class, that about two cups of coffee , less than my bus fare there and back.

OP
P

pankaixilaren

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Less than $50 fee per month... :) - usually, 2 classes per week
And, sometimes, no need to pay for entry - "bait"... :D

MA_Student

Black Belt
Reaction score
i suppose it depends where you live and,where you attend, i consider ma to be,dirt,cheap at,£6 per class, that about two cups of coffee , less than my bus fare there and back.
That depends on how many you do a week. If you do 3 classes a week that's £18 a week plus whatever you spend to travel there and back. My Jiu Jitsu place charges £40 a month with classes available 7 days a week, which includes gi and no gi Jiu Jitsu strength and conditioning, open mat sessions and mma classes all included but with £7 drop. It just depends how much and how consistent you train

OP
P

pankaixilaren

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I started, once, to occupy myself with Practice Shooting... Now, THAT"S an expensive sport! I gave up, after a month, 'cause of the high cost :(

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
That depends on how many you do a week. If you do 3 classes a week that's £18 a week plus whatever you spend to travel there and back. My Jiu Jitsu place charges £40 a month with classes available 7 days a week, which includes gi and no gi Jiu Jitsu strength and conditioning, open mat sessions and mma classes all included but with £7 drop. It just depends how much and how consistent you train
yes of course it depends how often you go, but one or two lessons at six pounds each can hardly be considered,a major out lay.
is that 40 quid a month AND 7 quid a class? They are,expensive

OP
P

pankaixilaren

Orange Belt
Reaction score
No... 40 pounds per month, fee, fixed, 2 times a week - 2 classes a week... There are no more
If you miss some classes - say, you were sick, or you had to travel - you lose...
And, of course, if you want to make a combo (e.g. Jeet Kune Do / Wing Chun) you have to pay another 40 quid, for the second martial art...

Edit: So, it's £5 per class...

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
No... 40 pounds per month, fee, fixed, 2 times a week - 2 classes a week... There are no more
If you miss some classes - say, you were sick, or you had to travel - you lose...
And, of course, if you want to make a combo (e.g. Jeet Kune Do / Wing Chun) you have to pay another 40 quid, for the second martial art...

Edit: So, it's £5 per class...
I'm wondering why someone in greese is,suddenly answering questions,asked of at someone else and taking in quids ?

not running dual accounts are you?

MA_Student

Black Belt
Reaction score
yes of course it depends how often you go, but one or two lessons at six pounds each can hardly be considered,a major out lay.
is that 40 quid a month AND 7 quid a class? They are,expensive
No it's one or the other either you pay 40 for as many classes as you want out of the schedule or you pay 7 for each lesson you do which is better for people who only do 1 class a week or 1 every few weeks

OP
P

pankaixilaren

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Here, as in Italy, in Spain, and other Mediterranean countries, if you take your coffee away, with you, in a plastic cup, you pay half the price you would paid, if you were sitting at the cafeteria, outside, at a table, admiring the environment...
That means, I pay a quid for a double espresso, to take it with me, but I'll have to pay the double - and even more - if some waiter comes and serves me... :)

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Here, as in Italy, in Spain, and other Mediterranean countries, if you take your coffee away, with you, in a plastic cup, you pay half the price you would paid, if you were sitting at the cafeteria, outside, at a table, admiring the environment...
That means, I pay a quid for a double espresso, to take it with me, but I'll have to pay the double - and even more - if some waiter comes and serves me... :)
stopped using the euro have they?

OP
P

pankaixilaren

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I'm wondering why someone in greese is,suddenly answering questions,asked of at someone else and taking in quids ?

not running dual accounts are you?
Ha ha ha! Of course not! Sorry, sorry! My mistake! Well... I tried to help! :D

OP
P

pankaixilaren

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Nah... believe me! Actually, I didn't see the quote, at first, and I thought you were talking to me... So, I replied! Besides that, now you - and the others - know the greek "fares", so, you can do some comparisons! How bad is (or, can be) that?... :)

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Nah... believe me! Actually, I didn't see the quote, at first, and I thought you were talking to me... So, I replied! Besides that, now you - and the others - know the greek "fares", so, you can do some comparisons! How bad is (or, can be) that?... :)
Ignore him he likes to think he's cleverer than he is and doing so makes himself look dumb

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ignore him he likes to think he's cleverer than he is and doing so makes himself look dumb

Exactly right. He likes to pile on newbies to make them feel bad.......

If I'm talking to Americans about how much things cost here I try if possible to convert pounds into dollars or provide both. Same with Europeans, convert it into Euros for them.

Latest Discussions