A nice tkd day

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Last saturday I went to a TKD tournament in Orizaba, a city that's 3 hours trip in bus, so I woke up very early to take the bus and arrive in time. It was a hard but happy and interesting day, I was central referee all day and had the oportunity to had children from 5 years old to men/women.

I always like to be central referee for the little one's cause they are so young and in some case too scare about the fight so I always calm them down and encourage these little fellows to not be afraid and to do their bests.

The adult BB divison was fierce, this guys can kick pretty hard and in some cases very fast too, there was one fight we had to give a desicion cause the fight was to close.

Let me see if I can put here a couple of pics.

Manny

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Good job Manny!

A good referee is one who the competitors/coaches/and audience never notice. Glad you are involved in that aspect of the sport!

StudentCarl

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks Manny! At every tournament I smile when I see positive and encouraging referees with the young kids. They are the future of our art and sport, and you encourage them at a vital time.

Without refs there is no tournament. While a good ref goes unnoticed, we must take time to value them, for they too deserve praise.

Carl

Latest Discussions