Good for Mexico

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm glad cause Mexico won it's first gold medal in TKD and first gold medal at Beijin also. TKD is a quality sport here in Mexico we have some world champions and now an olimpic winner.

I only saw the first match of Memo (Guillermo) and the final against the Rep.Dominicana fighter the kyorugi was good however I felt desapointed about the fight desicion (more lines below)

For a moment I tought the Dominican could win cause I felt that in the 4th round (gold point) he trew more combinations and even more kicks to the head (without scoring I must say), I mean, the Mexican was waiting and waiting for a counteratack and the Dominican trew more combos and always go forward.

Don't get me wrong I'm glad as I wrote lines above but would be really Happy if the Mexican would fight more and win for the minimal score eben in the fourth round, I don't like unanimus desicion or even split desicion in an almost equal fight were both figthters gave it all.

Manny

Windsinger

Green Belt
Reaction score
I do admit, I was rooting for the Dom. Rep. fighter, but it was a great match all around! Really, really enjoyable to watch. Both of them did a great job, and Mexico definitely earned that gold.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
There have been some awesome fights. BTW, one of the center referees-a lady, was from Mexico. She handled the ring very well.

Latest Discussions