A Nice Little Pick Me up

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I work in a department store. One of the newer members at my school had come in with her dad and introduced me to him as "One of her teachers"
This was a first for me and was a very nice stroking for my ego. I'm only a Brown Belt, for now, but, as teaching Kenpo is one of my goals, this was a very good feeling.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congrats on being recognized as a teacher by one of the students. That is always a great feeling

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's always nice when someone not only recognizes your contribution to their lives - but does so publicly, and with appreciation. Congratulations!

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
BD it is always nice when student recognized who is there helping them in there jorrney

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think it is a sign of a really good student when they remember to acknowledge the people that have helped them along the way. I also think it is a sign of a really good teacher to be pleased by a simple acknowledgment and allow it to brighten their day.

Congrats Big Don on having both in your life.

Phoenix44

Master of Arts
Reaction score
That's really nice.

Last week, a kid came to my class for the first time. He was scheduled to test for orange belt a few days later. His parents couldn't usually bring him to class on that day of the week, but he came an extra day "to practice" for the test. After the class, though I'd never met this kid before, he said, "You're coming to my test, aren't you?" Well, how could I miss it?

It's nice to be in demand!

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's a great feeling to be recognized as a teacher, you've obviously made an impression. Congratulations.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Congratulations BD that is a nice pick me up!
icon14.gif

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score
I work in a department store. One of the newer members at my school had come in with her dad and introduced me to him as "One of her teachers"
This was a first for me and was a very nice stroking for my ego. I'm only a Brown Belt, for now, but, as teaching Kenpo is one of my goals, this was a very good feeling.

cool! such things have to be a huge lift to a day.

shihansmurf

Black Belt
Reaction score
Congrats.

"You've taken your first step into a larger world......" Ben Kenobi

Seriously, it is nice to be recognized. Sounds like you've had a positive effect on this student. Well done.

Mark

Latest Discussions