A little bit of me just died

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, it does every time at testing, but I had not been in along time...

Just and FYI, we expect more from our bluebelt kids, even younger than the ones in the vid...

I am off now, banging my head into a wall....

Last edited by a moderator:

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Hmmph, apparently I am now outranked by two kids who were negative four years of age when I started martial arts.

I must suck.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
8 years old and testing for 2nd black?

What a bunch of lazy slackers.

If they applied themselves, they could have tested for their 2nd degree black belt by 6 years old, like this girl:

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/1518167/

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hmmph, apparently I am now outranked by two kids who were negative four years of age when I started martial arts.

I must suck.

Life is so unfair.
icon12.gif

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

I must suck.

:eek:verkill: :lfao::lfao::lfao:

you missed the point.

But it is sad. Even for my mushy meager substandards! :lol::lol::lol:

But that school is in my general area, so I am keeping tongue tightly in cheek... ;)

I would consider that lousy sparring, regardless of rank, really. Like I said, we expect more from our Blue Belt kids, heck, even the greenies, beginner sparrer are encouraged to do a lot more than one kick and backing off. Not to mention the dropped hands....

What gets me, dumb parent mentions the kids name and the school dhe trains out of. I mean....Youtube is watched by millions of people, and a lot of them are weirdoes! But that's a totally unrelated issue...

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wow. I can now say my 8-year-old orange belts spar like second degrees.

You know ... I think ranking kids this young is reprehensible and disgusting. But I'm kinda viewing it like abortion ... don't like it? Don't do it.

girlbug2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
(sigh) These poor kids are going to grow up thinking they are badass black belts. Sooner or later somebody will "test" them for real.

Their teacher is the one who really needs a straightening out.

firerex

Orange Belt
Reaction score
wow i'm in the same organization but seriously they suck, i tell my green belts that if i dont see a spin and atleast a 3 move combo, i'm gonna make sure they fail

K31

Blue Belt
Reaction score

Just and FYI, we expect more from our bluebelt kids, even younger than the ones in the vid...

I thought from the title this was a thread about necrosis. Anyway, I liked how they took turns, very polite.

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score

I feel your pain. Not too much you can do about it if this is not your studio though. It's been discussed many times, but this is just an inherent problem with teaching martial arts for a living: it's too tempting to relax your standards in order to keep the tuition and fees flowing in.

All you can do is just continue to work hard and hopefully help turn out some quality TKDists yourself.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Stuff like this is what give TKD its bad name, my god can we ever really recover from this.......Hell No.....

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Wow. I can now say my 8-year-old orange belts spar like second degrees.

I'm sorry to hear that. I was hoping you would be teaching better techniques. :) (j/k)

It is what it is. So which one of you are going to go to the school and let them know that their system sucks and you are going to revoke their kids' black belts?

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear that. I was hoping you would be teaching better techniques. :) (j/k)

It is what it is. So which one of you are going to go to the school and let them know that their system sucks and you are going to revoke their kids' black belts?

Well like I have said a hundred times, what people do in there school is there business. People must like what the instructor is doing so he is providing wjhat the masses wants in that area. I have no problem with a water down system as long as they are telling this childern and adults it is not suited for the streets. Since all we have is a video of the test we do not know if the instructor is telling them this or not. I still say it is bad for all martial arts not just TKD but people are wanting this type of training for little johnny and themself. Lets pass judgement for what we are seeing and not for that we do not know.

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Well like I have said a hundred times, what people do in there school is there business. People must like what the instructor is doing so he is providing wjhat the masses wants in that area. I have no problem with a water down system as long as they are telling this childern and adults it is not suited for the streets. Since all we have is a video of the test we do not know if the instructor is telling them this or not. I still say it is bad for all martial arts not just TKD but people are wanting this type of training for little johnny and themself. Lets pass judgement for what we are seeing and not for that we do not know.

Right...and honestly, we do not know what he teaches. This could have been sport sparring, this could have been light sparring...who knows. He may have these kid tearing things up in regular classes. Then again...This might be the best he has to offer. We do not know unless we sit through his classes first hand.

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Right...and honestly, we do not know what he teaches. This could have been sport sparring, this could have been light sparring...who knows. He may have these kid tearing things up in regular classes. Then again...This might be the best he has to offer. We do not know unless we sit through his classes first hand.

Occam's Razor would seem to apply in this case.

Latest Discussions