Hey all, a little update on me ^^

N

nekoTKD

Hey all, some of you may remember me from a little bit back I was asking you all for some advice on stretching. Just letting you know it's going great! My flexibility has improved just a little, but it definetly helps and with some more time I should be good. Also I tested to yellow on the 18th so I'm officially 8th gup now :D Now to go read some posts...

Thanks again,

Brandon

OP
N

nekoTKD

Thanks!
We were working on turning kick today, and it's harder than I thought :)

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Keep us posted of your progress! It's good for us to remember how it was from a beginner's point of view...

- Ceicei

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear you are progressing so well. Keep working on that flexibility. Too many people don't see fast enough results and give up. Don't give up, and don't let too many days go by without stretching as that is backward progress-regress and work is lost then! Keep training! TW

OP
N

nekoTKD

Thank! Yeah I've missed a day here and there, but I'm getting it down pretty well.

Digger70chall

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
glad to see some other beginners here...congrats on testing to yellow. mine is at the end of the month. I agree with turning kicks too. I was practising with some green belts and i got messed up pretty easily. I have a long way to go on my stretching also :)

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm 35 years old and just getting into TKD (6 mos now) I make sure I stretch every morning regardless of what I do that day. It helps me feel beter physically and helps when I'm in the kitchen or somewhere and think of practicing a kick or something :)

As to turning kicks, I think the secret is balance and foot placement, especially on the back end. If you can throw a roundhouse kick and come back with feet in good fighting stance, that will help a lot with any sort of spinning. Also keep your head tall and you back and chest straight...it's real easy to lean into it as you go into the spin, but that will really mess up your balance and your ability to finish the kick well

OP
D

dwolf868

Congratulations, the important thing is to keep streching everyday and not take breaks that are too long. Streching in the morning also helps a great deal.

Latest Discussions