Made by a Mom....So be nice.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Something one of the moms made regarding our Jr. Team kids. Just thought I’d share.
Enjoy,
[yt]kar0WvspJF8[/yt]

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice, thanks ATC for sharing.
icon7.gif

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Man, that's 10 minutes of my life I never get back....

JUST KIDDING!!! :D

Nice work, can she be hired? ;)

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That is what it is about, having a great time with family and friends. Thanks for sharing.

OP
ATC

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thanks all for the positive messages. She made the slide show to show other parents not involved in competing that it is more than just what they think it is. There is bonding with the kids and parents and competing can be a lot of fun for all.

My Sabunim ended classes a little early and projected this on a screen to each class and the parents of each class as a little promo for competing.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh that made me smile at the end of a lousy week, thank you! It's brilliant!

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Great Stuff...Great athletes are not developed in a vacuum...it takes coaches, teammates parents and friends...it has always got to be about that

OP
ATC

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Great Stuff...Great athletes are not developed in a vacuum...it takes coaches, teammates parents and friends...it has always got to be about that
This is so true.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
makes me wonder (and green with envy):

How do you guys get team spirit going like that? When we go to tournaments we are pretty much on our own, the instructors are pretty much all pressed into duty judging and the parents are somewhat solitary, unless they already know each other socially.

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks all for the positive messages. She made the slide show to show other parents not involved in competing that it is more than just what they think it is. There is bonding with the kids and parents and competing can be a lot of fun for all.

My Sabunim ended classes a little early and projected this on a screen to each class and the parents of each class as a little promo for competing.

She is exactly right. I traveled to tournaments from the age of about 10-15. I don't remember much of the actual competing, but I do remember swimming at the hotel pool, going out to eat, seeing the sites, and just hanging out with great TKD people. Some of my best memories of that time of my life.

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
makes me wonder (and green with envy):

How do you guys get team spirit going like that? When we go to tournaments we are pretty much on our own, the instructors are pretty much all pressed into duty judging and the parents are somewhat solitary, unless they already know each other socially.

Well, we fundraised together, made sure we stayed in the same hotel, made sure we sat in the same area, made sure we all went out to eat afterwards, etc. Its about making opportunities outside the tournament I think. Be the organizer of these types of activites and I bet you'll get some good results!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, we fundraised together, made sure we stayed in the same hotel, made sure we sat in the same area, made sure we all went out to eat afterwards, etc. Its about making opportunities outside the tournament I think. Be the organizer of these types of activites and I bet you'll get some good results!

I would love to, but I am actually in the slave labor force. Most adults reaching BB rank tend to be unless they have crazy work schedules.

But is such a cool idea!

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I would love to, but I am actually in the slave labor force. Most adults reaching BB rank tend to be unless they have crazy work schedules.

But is such a cool idea!

I hear ya. Now that you mention it, I think having some strong parents really makes a big difference. Let them focus on the social aspects and let the BB focus on the training. Heck, most school sports and team sports around have a "team manager" who is a mom that takes care of those types of things. Why not have one for a tournament team? Have them organize room reservations, tournament registration, travel itineraries, even snacks! Might even be a good way to get a hovering parent off your back and focus that energy in more positive ways ;)

Latest Discussions