9 Days!

Stac3y

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
...until my black belt test. I feel ready. I know the curriculum; my conditioning is good; and I've practiced the improv self defense a lot.

It's a looooong test; my biggest worry is that I won't have enough breaks for food (I have blood sugar issues). So I'm going to buy a lot of Myoplex and Gu to ingest during the water breaks.

Despite feeling ready, I'm already nervous and having a hard time sitting still.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
...until my black belt test. I feel ready. I know the curriculum; my conditioning is good; and I've practiced the improv self defense a lot.

It's a looooong test; my biggest worry is that I won't have enough breaks for food (I have blood sugar issues). So I'm going to buy a lot of Myoplex and Gu to ingest during the water breaks.

Despite feeling ready, I'm already nervous and having a hard time sitting still.

I'm sure you'll do well. Good luck!

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

Best of luck to you. :) I'm sure you'll do fine.

Mike

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
you know your ready so go for it. Be sure to let us know all the fun stuff that happens and how you do

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score

Good luck!

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Knock 'em dead! Er, wait ...

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Stac3y

You know the tech, you know the apps you know the forms you know all you need... you will be fine... now all you have to do is know that you do great.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
WHY DID YOU WATCH THE TAPE?!?! Just kidding. For those that don't understand. That was a reference from the movie "The Ring". When you watched this VHS tape you got a phone call that only said "You have 7 Days", then in 7 days you died.

Good luck, but you will be fine.

People don't understand that you would not be asked to test if you were not ready. Only people that are ready get asked to test.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I'm sure you don't need luck. Just go and have a good time. This is something you'll remember forever. Enjoy it. Savor it! :D

Balrog

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Deep breathely! :ultracool:ultracool

Make the butterflies work for you, not against you. And most importantly - have fun doing your test!!

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Don't beat yourself up, they have people for that ;)
You'll be fine

Ironcrane

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Good luck with the test. I think waiting 9 days to do the test, will be harder then the actual test itself. It's kind of like getting ready for a Tournament. You can't sleep the night before. You feel restless, and fidgety while waiting for your division. But when the moment comes to step up you're in the zone, and ready to go!

OP
S

Stac3y

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks all for the encouraging words!

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Rather easier to say than do but don't worry about it, Stac3y.

Testing is just training at the end of the day. If you can think of it like that then much of the stress fades away.

Being out in front of everyone can be the worst part of all for those of us who are not natural 'show offs'. If your testing involves any of that, the best approach for kata in front of a panel is to focus entirely on your visualisation of the kata - literally act as if the panel did not exist and just perform the actions of the kata upon the imaginary opponents.

Best of luck and remember that this is just the first big step in your study of your art. There are many more to come.

Latest Discussions