5 Most Dangerous Taekwondo Kicks

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
5 Most Dangerous Taekwondo Kicks
Let’s face it. Everyone loves martial arts. From Bruce Lee to Chuck Liddell, people go just about crazy for the chance to see a good fight.

Korea’s Taekwondo, known for its colorful and elaborate kicks, is one of the most recognized forms of martial arts today and below we will showcase 5 of the most exciting and dangerous kicks in the Taekwondo Martial Arts Master’s skill set.

http://english.tour2korea.com/content/taekwondo.html?kicks

e ship yuk

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Yeah, just saw that on Digg. Pretty bad article, really. The front kick pictures look like ax kicks; one of the side kick pictures is a hook kick; and "flying kick" and "low kicks" (which apparently "are the most feared kicks as they normally results in a heel coming in contact with your crouch at a very high velocity") make the cut. Lame.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There front kick is differently a Ax kick, there jumping back kick is a back swing. Man who and what did this article it is lame and does not showcase what truely powerful kicks TKD has.

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
I agree with the above comment. Lousy article. There are SO many gifted writers who ALSO know about TKD — how did THAT guy get the job??

"From the Taekwondo Martial Arts Master’s skill set" ?? Shouldn't any chodan know and use these kicks?

Sigh.

YoungMan

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Not that different from TKD Times getting some subpar black belt Instructor to illustrate the power and beauty of Tae Kwon Do kicking and making me wish I practiced something else.

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I agree with everyone above..not good and pictures don't seem to match the kick I thought it was just me when I looked at it.

Decker

Green Belt
Reaction score
I wonder why so many of the knockouts in the video were from a back hook, with the kicker losing balance after kicking. Despite the definite victory, I'm sure that's not a good thing, right? The loss of balance I mean. And is a KO-worthy back hook really more powerful and easier to throw than a good roundhouse?

The second vid looks a lot like an XMA performance to me... He's good though.

kaizasosei

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
i saw an amazing kicker.. i pretty sure his name is midori. he is not taekwondo but in my opinion an excellent kicker. real kicks here. kyokushin karate

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I agree with the above comments about the pictured kicks - the "front" kick looks like a downward or axe kick, the "side" kick looks like a hook kick, especially the second one with the toes extended (which is highly unlikely to work as a knock-out kick), the "back" kick, especially the second picture, looks like a reverse [turning backward] hook kick; I can't say as much about the flying kicks because they don't identify which flying kick is being performed, but they are off the ground; as far as the "low" kick goes, if I were going to kick someone low who had a gun, I doubt I'd drop to the floor quite that much, but I certainly hope I'd do it a little faster (even realizing that the pictures are for demonstration, the middle one looks incredibly awkward).

I couldn't make myself watch the videos after the first few seconds; the repetition in the first one was too annoying.

Latest Discussions