4 things needed to destroy myth of creator deity

fangjian

Black Belt
Reaction score
Ok. Fine. Disregard your 'plant claim'. But this thread will start going downhill quickly. How bout this. The gods and goddesses claim is usually a claim in the realm of Cosmology (at least nowadays, since that's what's left). I study Astronomy/Cosmology regularly, and I find it very annoying when these claims are thrown around. Stuff like 'Noah's Ark'? This is Geology. Geologists are not amused by claims of 'world wide floods'. People continuously say things like 'The gods are outside the realm of science' etc. No it's not.

What's everybody else think about this?

fangjian

Black Belt
Reaction score
****......I just realized that the Easter Bunny is on that list.....I support and believe in the Great Bunny....!!! I sacrifice a carrot to his wrinkly nose and his furry ears every day.

The Easter Bunny can not be disproven therefore your belief is justified.

The Easter Bunny died for your sins!! REPENT!

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
People continuously say things like 'The gods are outside the realm of science' etc. No it's not.

What's everybody else think about this?

I agree that historically the 'gods' were used to explain all that was not readily understood or comprehended.

I don't necessarily think that everything is explicable via logic, mathematics and experiment because we are always going to be running into problems of collection of evidence when we attempt to delve into multiple-dimensions and theorise on the implications of multiple-universes (interestingly, there has been talk of some clues at the existence of other universes and their interaction with ours in the cosmic background radiation). But not being able to explain something fully in the here-and-now is no excuse for handing responsibility off onto a mythical construct of the human imagination.

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
See I think we can and will explain everything via logic, mathematics and experiment, we may not be there quite yet, but man have we come ever so far in the last 100 years or so. Our Great Grandparents would be shocked by the leaps we have made in our understanding of everything, as we will be if we could teleport into the future of our great grandchildren.

God or gods has never been the issue with mankind, the issue has always been those people that believe they know the mind of god(s) and what god(s) want here on earth, via some ancient book or divine communication.

There have been almost 3000 documented deities in recorded human history, so maybe 5000 years. Homo sapiens have been on the earth for 150000 – 200000 years. There have existed ~100 billion human beings, ~95 billion of which are now dead. All that being said, how can some people today be so omnipotent to believe that we have the correct god(s) and everyone else in human history has been mistaken? Better yet, why is it worth fighting over?

Stealthy

Blue Belt
Reaction score
subway-interior-poster1.jpg

I can't believe Ninja never made it on the list. We should be on the list. Someone petition cfi to get Ninja on the list please.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you would like you may switch the word common with the word majority. And opinions arr opinions and facts are well. .facts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Oh undoubtably but it would be better if anyone actually knew what you are talking about.

DragonWC

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
The Easter Bunny can not be disproven therefore your belief is justified.

The Easter Bunny died for your sins!! REPENT!

The only thing flawed with this is the easter bunny can be conceptualize as a form it is still pretty concrete while God cannot br. It takes us to our mind limits to even try. Since god is said to be everything known and unknown who is the infinite. Then. The very word god limits him once conceptualize rendering a different image to every person. Which makes sense since there are a million different forms of god that people came up with throughout history and millions more to come no matter how much science advance there will always be the unknown.

DragonWC

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Oh undoubtably but it would be better if anyone actually knew what you are talking about.

I tried. Im sure there are people that may convey this better in words. But it would have to be with no words for everyone to understand. The closest thing i can say is experience. But even experience does it no justice.

DragonWC

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
God is just one of the claims you have made on this thread, we’ve argued about the existence of god here on MT so many times I’ve lost count, that is not what I talk about.

You’ve made comments about personal energies, plants with emotions, healing generated by the mind, and auras, for example, yet you offer no unbiased links of proof to defend your claims. Again it is up to you, the person who put forward the claim, to defend the said claim. If you are unable to, then say so, but saying it is something you have to experience to understand it, is not in any way persuasive evidence.

subway-interior-poster1.jpg

What if i told you that i and a hundred other people have witness things that were verifiable to one another but consider to be impossible to the non participant? Objective Science will have to continually play catch up.

(And no we were not under hypnosis or was watching a magic show.)

DragonWC

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
See I think we can and will explain everything via logic, mathematics and experiment, we may not be there quite yet, but man have we come ever so far in the last 100 years or so. Our Great Grandparents would be shocked by the leaps we have made in our understanding of everything, as we will be if we could teleport into the future of our great grandchildren.

God or gods has never been the issue with mankind, the issue has always been those people that believe they know the mind of god(s) and what god(s) want here on earth, via some ancient book or divine communication.

There have been almost 3000 documented deities in recorded human history, so maybe 5000 years. Homo sapiens have been on the earth for 150000 – 200000 years. There have existed ~100 billion human beings, ~95 billion of which are now dead. All that being said, how can some people today be so omnipotent to believe that we have the correct god(s) and everyone else in human history has been mistaken? Better yet, why is it worth fighting over?

Holy people are real but few are living physically. I can name many deceased ones if you like to research upon them. First you must understand that they taught catering to the people of their time. Jesus taught correctly in his time as Budhha did in his. When we drag out the teachings beyond that there seems to be a conflict between faith. But actuality its a conflict between different beliefs.

Think this way. Metaphorically Moses was alone in the mountains. Jesus was alone in the desert and buddha sat alone under a tree. This aloneness is withdrawal from the daily things. Something subjective like prayer or meditaton. Something for you to speculate if you chose to go no further.

It is definitely good to know if there is an underly unity and truth between religions. It is good to know how connected we are as a species. There are wars being fought in the name of god which could have been avoided if they know. Heck, all wars wouldnt occur. Political or religious.

DragonWC

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I agree that historically the 'gods' were used to explain all that was not readily understood or comprehended.

I don't necessarily think that everything is explicable via logic, mathematics and experiment because we are always going to be running into problems of collection of evidence when we attempt to delve into multiple-dimensions and theorise on the implications of multiple-universes (interestingly, there has been talk of some clues at the existence of other universes and their interaction with ours in the cosmic background radiation). But not being able to explain something fully in the here-and-now is no excuse for handing responsibility off onto a mythical construct of the human imagination.

*Applaud* perfect logic.

DragonWC

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Although I don't think he would mind very much.

That is definitely the goal. The state of no-mind. For a meditator to not mind is non attachment. ; ).

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy people are real but few are living physically. I can name many deceased ones if you like to research upon them.First you must understand that <STRONG>they taught catering to the people </STRONG>of their time. Jesus taught correctly in his time as Budhha did in his. When we drag out the teachings beyond that there seems to be a conflict between faith. But actuality its a conflict between different beliefs.<BR><BR>Think this way. Metaphorically Moses was alone in the mountains. Jesus was alone in the desert and buddha sat alone under a tree. This aloneness is withdrawal from the daily things. Something subjective like prayer or meditaton. Something for you to speculate if you chose to go no further.<BR><BR>It is definitely good to know if there is an underly unity and truth between religions. It is good to know how connected we are as a species. There are wars being fought in the name of god which could have been avoided if they know. Heck, all wars wouldnt occur. Political or religious.<BR><BR>Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk
<BR><BR>Did they get Michelin stars when they finished?<BR><BR>Wars will always occur because it's human nature to want more than you should, more land, more power, more wealth. Nothing really to do with religion, that's just an excuse, humans will always find an excuse for their behaviour whether it's a deity, or 'the good of the people' or 'for homeland security'. <BR><BR>BTW Thor is very real, I've spent three weeks watching him in the Tour de France, he rocks!<BR><BR><A href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thor_Hushovd" target=_blank>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thor_Hushovd</A>

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok what did the site just do to my post? i didn't put that weird stuff in!

fangjian

Black Belt
Reaction score
The only thing flawed with this is the easter bunny can be conceptualize as a form it is still pretty concrete while God cannot br. It takes us to our mind limits to even try. Since god is said to be everything known and unknown who is the infinite. Then. The very word god limits him once conceptualize rendering a different image to every person. Which makes sense since there are a million different forms of god that people came up with throughout history and millions more to come no matter how much science advance there will always be the unknown.

So if an idea can not be 'conceptualized' then it is true. Ok

What if i told you that i and a hundred other people have witness things that were verifiable to one another but consider to be impossible to the non participant? Objective Science will have to continually play catch up.

(And no we were not under hypnosis or was watching a magic show.)

You do not understand what 'evidence' is, I'm afraid. What was supposedly verified that is impossible?

Holy people are real but few are living physically.
and how do you know this?
It is definitely good to know if there is an underly unity and truth between religions. It is good to know how connected we are as a species. There are wars being fought in the name of god which could have been avoided if they know. Heck, all wars wouldnt occur. Political or religious.

We are all connected Biologically to each other, Chemically to the Earth, and Atomically to the Universe. What more do you want?!

cdunn

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score

Faraday, Galvani, Volta, and Ohm made observations that cumulated in Maxwell's formulation of the laws of electromagnetics - Observations that Newton and Galileo had no practical way to make. Give it its time...

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Faraday, Galvani, Volta, and Ohm made observations that cumulated in Maxwell's formulation of the laws of electromagnetics - Observations that Newton and Galileo had no practical way to make. Give it its time...

I'm saying the same thing about "God," when I say that it's "currently outside the realm of science." Computer crashed, and I'm kinda busy, but more later.....

fangjian

Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm saying the same thing about "God," when I say that it's "currently outside the realm of science." Computer crashed, and I'm kinda busy, but more later.....

'Outside the realm'

What exactly does this mean? Let's take:

1 the claim that unicorns exist. Is that outside the realm too? Really I have no problem imagining a horselike creature evolving a single horn. It is very plausible, from my understanding of the ToE by NS.

2 the claim that pegasus exist. Is that outside the realm too? I do have a problem with this creatures existence as it violates known evolutionary models.

-So though there is no evidence that either exists, one is most certainly, more probable and both are not outside the realm of science.

I'm only trying to get a feel of this 'outside the realm of science'. Is String Theory also outside the realm as we can really run experiments yet to verify?

Latest Discussions