2nd Dan Test

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well, it's almost time the schedule for my 2nd Dan Test is june 20th. I will not do it on june 26th in Mexico City cause that day I have a very important thing to do, so I asked my sambonim to do the test one week before. I will be test by Master Ernesto Moran 8th Dan Black Belt by KKW, Master Moran was member of the Mexican Team that compete in 1973 in the firsth international TKD championshipos in Seul Korea, so basically Master Moran was one of the very firsth students of Dai Won Moon aka David Moon the introductor of TKD in México.

Nervous?? a little, sometimes I think I need more preparation but has been 22 years since I become a BB and 3 years since my comback to TKD (2007) so I think the time is right.

Manny

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Best of luck!

Also, now you have like 2 months to get increasingly nervous!

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Manny best of luck and remember nerves are sometimes the best thing right before a great test.

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
Goo dluck Manny! You can do this, you have the heart and passion for it. let us know how it goes.

Peace,
Erik

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
good luck...

and remember, if you want you can mail me just 5 easy payments of $49.99 and I will validate your parkin...errrr... application and you can skip the real way of earning it and......:shrug:

Just kidding, I remember not too long ago when you were speaking of being a 1st Dan forever, I'm glad you have changed your thinking since then and have decided to test and do it the right way. and not mail some unknown your payment as suggested above... (NOT THAT I'M SAYING YOU DID or SAID THAT, just some people try the easy route and do)

You will do fine and be proud of what you have rightfully earned... if you do well and pass
icon12.gif

good luck and remember an Achievement is not worth having if you didnt earn it! but if you didnt earn it.... what did u achieve.

Aikicomp

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I wish you the best of luck (although, I do not think you will need it) About being nervous....don't be.

You will either pass or fail, just do the best you can and everything will take care of itself.

Michael

Master K

Green Belt
Reaction score
Manny,

Best of luck to you! Please let us know how you do.

Also, will you be seeing Moon Dai Won aka Moon David anytime soon?

Respectfully,
K

dbell

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Good Luck Manny, and congratulations for taking the next step!!

Let us know how it goes!

Archtkd

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Well, it's almost time the schedule for my 2nd Dan Test is june 20th. I will be test by Master Ernesto Moran 8th Dan Black Belt by KKW, Master Moran was member of the Mexican Team that compete in 1973 in the firsth international TKD championshipos in Seul Korea, so basically Master Moran was one of the very firsth students of Dai Won Moon aka David Moon the introductor of TKD in México.
Manny

Keep the great lineage alive and best of luck Manny! It's always inspiring to hear one of us is steppping up to the plate and sticking with the art.

phatbway

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
congratulations on your next step, Manny. Hope all goes the way of the Foot and Hand!

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Good luck Manny!

How are you preparing for your test?

Nothing special, just go train, do poomsae, about one step sparring and self defense I am suporting it with the techs I kow from TKD and some I have lerned from Kenpo, I am watching some viedeos about board breaking to preparae my own.

My work is so demanding I have no time to go jogin or to the gym, just to atend my regular TKD regular TKD training.

Manny

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
good luck...

and remember, if you want you can mail me just 5 easy payments of $49.99 and I will validate your parkin...errrr... application and you can skip the real way of earning it and......:shrug:

Just kidding, I remember not too long ago when you were speaking of being a 1st Dan forever, I'm glad you have changed your thinking since then and have decided to test and do it the right way. and not mail some unknown your payment as suggested above... (NOT THAT I'M SAYING YOU DID or SAID THAT, just some people try the easy route and do)

You will do fine and be proud of what you have rightfully earned... if you do well and pass
icon12.gif

good luck and remember an Achievement is not worth having if you didnt earn it! but if you didnt earn it.... what did u achieve.

Well something that wake me up abou to do the second dan examination are the following: 1.-The kids in the dojang are climbing very fast and they can go over me pretty soon and I don't wana to be below them. 2.-I want to teach (become a profesor) so I need a higer dan to do it and have more credibility to the people. 3.-My martial arts friends (one of my age) are climbing in the dan lader too.

So basically I don't want to stay in 1st dan for ever, my first goal is to earn my second dan black belt and then as is must be set the next goal in the third dan. Also I want to achieve a BB in Kenpo Karate but this is a long term goal.

Yes I know it's gona be not easy but I want my 2dan BB certificate and will fight for it.

I will have a pre-examination this sunday, let's see how it's going.

Manny

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Well, it's almost time the schedule for my 2nd Dan Test is june 20th. I will not do it on june 26th in Mexico City cause that day I have a very important thing to do, so I asked my sambonim to do the test one week before. I will be test by Master Ernesto Moran 8th Dan Black Belt by KKW, Master Moran was member of the Mexican Team that compete in 1973 in the firsth international TKD championshipos in Seul Korea, so basically Master Moran was one of the very firsth students of Dai Won Moon aka David Moon the introductor of TKD in México.

Nervous?? a little, sometimes I think I need more preparation but has been 22 years since I become a BB and 3 years since my comback to TKD (2007) so I think the time is right.

Manny
Manny, I am sure that you will do very well. And from the quality of your posts here, I can say with certainty that you have the maturity!

Defiitely pulling for you, sir!!

Daniel

Latest Discussions