Goals For Taekwondo!!!Plus random ranting

Kingtkd

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
My master always tells me to dream big and work hard.
I've been thinking a lot lately on what exactly i want out of Taekwondo.
Besides getting gold at the oylmpics. I intended on getting Taekwondo
regularly broadcast on ESPN and all network sports channel's
by providing them with entertaining matches and a icon that
normal people can live through. Micheal Jordan gave basketball everything he had thus becoming one of the greatest to ever play the game.
I intend on doing just that.
The hardest part about that is motivation..
When nobody believes in you it can be good and bad.
On one hand when nobody believes in you, then you prove them wrong
the satisfaction it brings sometimes is indescribable.
Getting to that point is when some one likes to hear a good job
or you can do it.
My master told me when he trained under his master.
He was always ignored,and the master didn't even get his name
right half the time. He was even thrown out but he still came back.
He went on to make the jr national team for the us
in a process that was truly a blessing.
Being that he was not a us a citizen
he wrote a letter to the governor explaining his situation.
long story short he got on the team and received all the documents fast.

He always tell you have to be crazy get to the Olympics and nationals.
Referring to when he was in high school and everyday how he would go fully padded up with his gear.

He always says start with small goals and work your way up. So
whichever tournament i go to next weather it be
the Tkd festival in Temple city Ca or the Jimmy Kim invitational in long beach. I plan on just throwing it all out on the table and providing everyone
with a good match and nearly flawless poomse.
I finally feel relived because for once im not
consumed with winning.
i don't care anymore my purpose
isn't to win but to reach a large audience through providing entertainment

Recently i had the chance to talk to Lance Krall the comedian.
I didnt even know he practiced Taekwondo
he was an amazing tkd fighter in his day
and he really opened my eyes in the convo we had.

If we had matches that looked like these all the time
we would be on network tv in no time
im going to try to prevent having a clench fest
and sparr more like this.

Last edited by a moderator:

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The game as change since Lance played it, you mention Jimmy Kim or the TKD festival, what about National either USAT or the AAU. If you are serious about your chances these are the tournaments, since Jimmys is in September. I guess I do not understand, can I ask what age group you are in and wieght class? Also if your Master made the US JR Team was that with the USTU or the AAU and what year? Getting TKD on a network is more than one fighter it is a business how much money can they make off of it, right now it is having a hard time getting any recognition from the Olympics. I guess I am having trouble understanding how you believe you are a top teer player since you are not on anybody radar? I hope you the best but if you want to get to the top you must be playing at the right venues, sorry that is the way it is played.

OP
K

Kingtkd

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
The game as change since Lance played it, you mention Jimmy Kim or the TKD festival, what about National either USAT or the AAU. If you are serious about your chances these are the tournaments, since Jimmys is in September. I guess I do not understand, can I ask what age group you are in and wieght class? Also if your Master made the US JR Team was that with the USTU or the AAU and what year? Getting TKD on a network is more than one fighter it is a business how much money can they make off of it, right now it is having a hard time getting any recognition from the Olympics. I guess I am having trouble understanding how you believe you are a top teer player since you are not on anybody radar? I hope you the best but if you want to get to the top you must be playing at the right venues, sorry that is the way it is played.

2011 is when i go big this year is prep
ill be at us open... national quailifers.. nationals and all that
Im currently a Poom belt so theres no point in my opinion.
black belt is what matters.
i dont believe im a top tier player right now..
i believe in a year from now.. people wont
even have to question
who is at the top.
and the last part about the venues..
im not retarded i know that already.

Bantam weight Senior division.

OWNAGE STORM COMING TO AN AREA NEAR U!!!!!

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
2011 is when i go big this year is prep
ill be at us open... national quailifers.. nationals and all that
Im currently a Poom belt so theres no point in my opinion.
black belt is what matters.
Not true. There are plenty of keub rank people here who's opinions are highly valued. There are blackbelts that nobody pays any attention to. Quality of posts and substance of the content are what your opinions are evaluated on. We really don't care about your rank.

i dont believe im a top tier player right now..
i believe in a year from now.. people wont
even have to question
who is at the top.
and the last part about the venues..
im not retarded i know that already.
This sort of nonsense is why your opinion doesn't matter. Terry is not a person to blow off. He is the sort of person you should be trying to make a connection with. The man knows what he's talking about, both on the traditional side and the sport side, and he is much more involved in the sport side than you can conceive. People like Terry are who you need to be listening to and cultivating as contacts. Unfortunately, when you post things like this...

Bantam weight Senior division.

OWNAGE STORM COMING TO AN AREA NEAR U!!!!!
...people just assume that you're either twelve or just really immature.

Believe me, I have no beef with you personally, and I am not trying to give you grief. But until you lose the middle school lingo and gain some humility, you will not be taken seriously.

Oh, we've seen you fight and know the truth of your ability, so you can dispense with the 'ownage' comments.

At least you got rid of that idiotic signature.

Daniel

StudentCarl

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
KingTKD--
You write as if you're chatting online with a bunch of high school friends on Facebook. I see that you've worked at least a little with the youngest kids, so you probably get how you need to talk differently with them than you would with your high school friends, and how you talk differently with adults.

This is an adult forum, so the kinds of comments you might make to high schoolers don't fit here. I look forward to you contributing to discussions on topics that you have experience with, but please act like an adult if you want to be taken seriously.

Your credibility depends on both what you say and how you say it. Talking like a high schooler on Facebook is earning you no respect here.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
...Im currently a Poom belt so theres no point in my opinion. black belt is what matters....
Hmmm...I think you don't understand something. Poom belt is considered Black by USAT, AAU and any other org that sanctions sport TKD matches. Poom only means that you are under 15 years old, nothing more. If you are over 15 and calling your belt a poom belt then you have something that your school does confused with what KKW calls a poom belt.

If you are 14-17 and black belt (this includes poom) then you are in Jr. black belt division. You can even fight Sr. black belt if you choose.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
This sort of nonsense is why your opinion doesn't matter. Terry is not a person to blow off. He is the sort of person you should be trying to make a connection with. The man knows what he's talking about, both on the traditional side and the sport side, and he is much more involved in the sport side than you can conceive. People like Terry are who you need to be listening to and cultivating as contacts. Unfortunately, when you post things like this...
Daniel, this is too much logic for one kid to get.
icon10.gif

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
He always says start with small goals and work your way up. So
whichever tournament i go to next weather it be
the Tkd festival in Temple city Ca or the Jimmy Kim invitational in long beach. I plan on just throwing it all out on the table and providing everyone
with a good match and nearly flawless poomse.
I finally feel relived because for once im not
consumed with winning.
i don't care anymore my purpose
isn't to win but to reach a large audience through providing entertainment

I hope you are at the TKD Fest. I would love to witness your greatness in person without having to wait until The JKI in September. So tell me, would you fight in just the individual matches or would you register yourself as a team for the Team Fight-Off in hopes for a trip to Korea? I am sure a person of your greatness and ability to display awesome ownage could easily do the work of an entire team.

BTW, if anyone is interested, Joe Cole posted a really good highlight real from last year's mens team fightoff featuring such greats as Damian and Gus Villa and James Moontasri.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrb5OnKCtKA

And as far as you providing entertainment through Taekwondo. If your fights are half as entertaining as your posts here then you are off to a good start

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hmmm...I think you don't understand something. Poom belt is considered Black by USAT, AAU and any other org that sanctions sport TKD matches. Poom only means that you are under 15 years old, nothing more. If you are over 15 and calling your belt a poom belt then you have something that your school does confused with what KKW calls a poom belt.

If you are 14-17 and black belt (this includes poom) then you are in Jr. black belt division. You can even fight Sr. black belt if you choose.
I suppose that it is possible that his GM simply never did the paperwork to convert the rank. I have no firsthand experience with pum conversions.

If I am a school owner and never convert a kid's rank upon his turning fifteen, does the status automatically change anyway?

Daniel

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
If we had matches that looked like these all the time
we would be on network tv in no time
im going to try to prevent having a clench fest
and sparr more like this.
Lance has a seriously mean back hook!

Daniel

Last edited by a moderator:

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
I suppose that it is possible that his GM simply never did the paperwork to convert the rank. I have no firsthand experience with pum conversions.

If I am a school owner and never convert a kid's rank upon his turning fifteen, does the status automatically change anyway?

Daniel
If you have a KKW cert and are a poom belt, USAT sees no difference between that and a black belt. When you join USAT it ask you to upload your Cert (Poom or Dan) and also list down your cert number for each. Once verified you are placed in Black Belt division automatically.

I think this kid has not tested for even a true KKW poom belt. From his post I can only guess that he tested for what his Master calls a poom belt but does not actually submit this to KKW as an actual poom test. Him Master may not allow people under 15 to test for black and only test for Dan.

If a true KKW poom belt then by USAT standards he is considered a black belt division competitor.

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am confused if you are 21 like your profile says you are a dan rank and not a poom, if you are fighting senior and you are under 15 than you are a poom, please explain yourself, what is your age and by the way se you at my good friend jimmy Kim tournament looking for some ownage by you.

Like Daniel said I can be more of an asset that a liability, please type at me with some respect I believe 48 year in the arts i deserve that.

ShelleyK

Brown Belt
Reaction score
:popcorn::lfao:

PLEASE....Continue Kingtkd! Its not often I am THIS easily amused by someone getting a total TKD cyber smackdown!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
:popcorn::lfao:

PLEASE....Continue Kingtkd! Its not often I am THIS easily amused by someone getting a total TKD cyber smackdown!

Pass some of that popcorn! :drinky:

We should go to his next event: Having put his real name to his posts, here on Martial Talk (one of the best forums) it's only a matter of time (sooner rather than later) before his internet persona catches up with his real life self. The internet is forever! :bangahead:

So the next 'ownage' (btw, if you do nerd talk, do it right: Pwnage is the word you are looking for!) could proof to be very entertaining! :highfive:

(do they allow Popcorn and beer at the ring?)

OP
K

Kingtkd

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Internet trolling Ftw.
I make these forum interesting
notice how i get so many posts.
Controversy ftw(for the win) for the older generation.

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Internet trolling Ftw.

You know, it's interesting that you say that.... and constantly evade giving your age, or confirming your actual rank..... you may want to take a quick look at the bottom of the page. Specifically to the Terms of Service. You may even want to pay particular attention to this section:

Rudeness, flaming, trolling, or any messages (via the forum, e-mail, or PM) that constitute a personal attack will not be tolerated. You'll only get one warning. Any member who is intentionally unpleasant or disruptive may be banned without warning.
No "Trolling": Please do not post any topic that disrupts the peace and harmony of this board. Don't create meaningless threads with the sole purpose of starting a dispute. This includes messages in profiles, signatures and/or posting comments, which will intimidate, promote or generate hatred or flames among members.

In terms of your evasion, you may want to take a quick look at this part:

2.1.1 Minimum Age

Access to MartialTalk is restricted to 16 and older. If you are- not- 16 or older, you may not register for our site. Those members found to be under 16 will have their accounts terminated.

(Just in case your are actually a poom belt, and under 16...)

Oh, and I'm going to suggest the entire section 4. It's good reading.

That is, of course, assuming you wish to remain here. I'm not sure you do based on all your posts so far, and certainly judging by your ignoring of the rules you agreed to when you signed onto the forum, I'm more inclined to think that you will have your fun while you can, and when you are banned, you'll just laugh, and go try the same thing somewhere else. Prove me wrong.

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Internet trolling Ftw.

So you are only 14, maybe that explain why you act like a child. You fighting senior division is really a joke and this ownage thing is evem a bigger one. I predict the only thing you will ever have ownage over is how to act stupid. I would take a step back and apolagies to alot of these good people, you will never know who and when you will see some of them as referees or even tournament directors.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Admin Note.
Lets make this simple.
KingTKD has been suspended until he provides us with proof of age and identity.
This means a redacted and notarized copy of a state or federal issued photo ID showing photo, city, state and birthdate (address, ID#, etc cut or blacked out).

This isn't FaceSpaceBook.

Based on his posts, I wouldn't expect to see him back, though I suspect we'll see his "friends" log in, in which case he'll be banned permanently, as will they.

Latest Discussions