hurt,swell but happy

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yesterday (sunday) I had mid level test for 2dan black belt, the test for the 2 dan black belt is going to be on july. For this mid level test I had the honor to test before Profesor Ernesto Moran, he's an 8 dan Black belt and was one of the fisrt pupils of Grand Master Dai Won Moon the pioneer of Tae Kwon Do in my country, profesor Moran was bronce medalist of the first international tae kwond do champisonships held in Korea back in 1973.

I did the test well, the only thing I felt I was bad was in sparring, I was to slow and out of timing, I don't sparr in a regular basis so this could be why I colud not conect the majority of my kicks, afther sparring I noticed my right nukcles were swollen and my lefth ankle was unconfortable, I think I sent a bad fist to my oponent so that's why they got swollen.

My poonse was very good, my kicking tecnikes was good and my board breacking was very very good, I use punch tecnike to break one inch pine board, a side kick to break two inch pine board and also use a spining back kick to break two inche pine board too.

Afther the test Professor Moran invited me to a sea food dinner and told me he knows I'm a good part of the Hwarang Tae Kwon Do (name of my donjan) family and gave me thumbs up to keep training and improving.

Today I'm hurt and swell, my hand is like a boxing glove, my lefth ankle hurts a little so I realice it's better to use TKD gloves to take care of my hands, I'm not a child anymore jejejeje and need to avoid injures.

Manny

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
Congrats Manny. Thanks for the update. Sounds like you did well and had a good time.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Great job Manny and keep pushing forward, being sore is a great thing but also remember to take time for recovery.

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Great job Manny and keep pushing forward, being sore is a great thing but also remember to take time for recovery.

Ok Terry that's why today I'm not gona working out, my wife ask me why tonight don't go to train and I told her because I need to recover from the examn besides tonight it's kids night tuesday and thursday nights is for seniors.

Manny

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Great job Manny! Being sore is a reminder that you can still feel something-you just have to give it time to heal.

Latest Discussions