2nd Amendment Quiz

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Actually, I am all for it.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk
I was referring to the liberal "gun grabbers" who want to apply the "military serviceability" test. Adding that to the recently upheld Individual Right means military grade weapons as an individual right.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I was referring to the liberal "gun grabbers" who want to apply the "military serviceability" test. Adding that to the recently upheld Individual Right means military grade weapons as an individual right.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Oh, well that is dumb. So many people misunderstand the term "regulated" in "well regulated militia". Many people forget that "regulate" refers to an external control. In the case of the 2nd amendment, the people are the control AGAINST the militia, this being necessary to the security of a FREE state.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I love this answer:
Bank robbers, drug dealers, and mob enforcers must be given an opportunity to register their firearms with local authorities and then become eligible for a professional discount on licensing fees.
I concur, # 10 is a crock of ****...
You answered 10 of 12 questions correctly for a total score of 83%.
My estimate on gun ownership was ridiculously low...

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh, well that is dumb. So many people misunderstand the term "regulated" in "well regulated militia". Many people forget that "regulate" refers to an external control. In the case of the 2nd amendment, the people are the control AGAINST the militia, this being necessary to the security of a FREE state.
There has been significant scholarship surrounding the phrase "well regulated." Currently, the best research seems to indicate that "well regulated" means "running smoothly and efficiently" similarly to how a modern Yoghurt commercial would tout its benefits to "regulate" your digestion. :)

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

pgsmith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
My estimate on gun ownership was ridiculously low...
Sorry! It's Texas' fault since we all have 6 or 7 guns of various type sitting around.

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Sorry! It's Texas' fault since we all have 6 or 7 guns of various type sitting around.
It's funny that you mention that. Estimates on number of individuals who own firearms range from 80 million to 150 million. Estimates of number of privately owned firearms range around 250 million to 300 million. Divide out the estimated number of guns evenly between them and, at the extremes, that could be something like 3 3/4 guns per owner. Now we also know that many of these gun owners own only one firearm which skews the results. Well, if statistics has taught me anything it's that there is probably a Bell Curve or a modified Bell for ownership and many of us are actually pushing the curve to the right because we're collectors.

For me, anyway, it's not just about "guns," though I admit I'm one of those pushing the curve to the right. It's a general life-long obsession with martial arts. I have spears, clubs, knives, sticks, swords, and all manner of weapons as part of my larger "collection," some of which are "working weapons" and some are for "display only" (no, I'm not going to take my damascus bowies out camping and my antique Napoleonic cav saber is not going out into the salle).

:)

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
There has been significant scholarship surrounding the phrase "well regulated." Currently, the best research seems to indicate that "well regulated" means "running smoothly and efficiently" similarly to how a modern Yoghurt commercial would tout its benefits to "regulate" your digestion. :)

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Um.. Yoghurt would be again an external influence causing the proper digestion.

In any event, there is not a consensus of "best research".

The point of the Bill of rights was:
THE Conventions of a number of the States, having at the time of their adopting the Constitution, expressed a desire, in order to prevent misconstruction or abuse of its powers, that further declaratory and restrictive clauses should be added: And as extending the ground of public confidence in the Government, will best ensure the beneficent ends of its institution.

Now keep in mind that the point of the militia was to execute the laws of the Union, prevent insurrection, and repel invasion.

The regulation against the militia is the people keeping and bearing arms.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I got the first 2 right then quit i hate hitting next next next next nexr blah blah blah just let me answer the questions already give me the answers at the end

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score
i got all but 2 and I disagree with 10 as well. the other was a history lesson call.... started over the st valentine massacre, but Dillinger and the boys helped get it through... not that it ever kept an automatic weapon or shotgun out of a criminals hands since 1934 ever!

wingerjim

Green Belt
Reaction score
Bill,

I too got 11 of 12. The one about what you can own per the 2nd amendment got me, as the answer was "Probably Not".....not my idea of the right answer. People can own all those different weapons with the right permits and background checks.....ever watch Sons of Guns....those guys get access to all kinds of stuff.

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
It's out of 15 for me, I got 12 right, so 80%. One was an incorrect guess on a court statement, the other two I disagreed with. I am a purist and I believe that without an amendment making 2A null and void, there should be no restrictions on the right of free men to keep and bear arms.

Latest Discussions