20 things i love, 10 things I don't

Andy Moynihan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
People's Banana Republic of Massachusettstan, Disu
What the hell, I'll give it a shot:
20 things I love ...

1) My cat Buddy who's 11 months today. It's only a matter of time before he figues out how to work doorknobs on his own, I'm almost sure of it.

2) My new Smith & Wesson M&P .45. I could not be happier with this pistol, it's better than any I've ever owned and I've owned quite a few in my time, and for the price an insane deal.

3) My folks for their patience as I've lived with them, and support as I plan my move to Texas.

4) My childhood friend and his wife, who now reside in TX and are still willing to help me out and get me settled, real friends don't stop being your friends no matter if half a country separates you..

5) www.martialtalk.com. They keep me sane.

6) Still having a job despite having my hours cut. Half a loaf of bread beats the hell out of nothing as the saying goes.

7) if I must have a string of days to get out of work early at least they've been nice weather to go out in.

8) All of my brothers/sisters from my former MA State Guard unit. We might be disbanded but our bond remains the same. We were The Last Minutemen, and no one can take that heritage from us.

9) That my mom's health appears to be holding out. I'm not naive enough to think I can keep her with us forever, but of all the ways to cash out, not THAT way........

10) Being able, despite my natural cynicism to have already made it halfway down the list.

11) The new game a fellow martialtalk poster and I have taken to, of taking 80's songs and reworking the lyrics to lampoon modern political situations. Tonight I'm gonna party like it's 1929....:p :D.

12) Old school 80's/early 90's videogames. That was the golden age, I don't care what anyone says.

13) Bruce Campbell movies. I can come home from a ****** day, pop in Evil Dead II, or Army of Darkness, or My Name Is Bruce, and see another regular guy have an even ******** day and still come out on top. Against the forces of darkness no less.

14) www.icanhascheezburger.com . Nothing to brighten your day like funny captioned cat pictures.

15) The Three Stooges. They keep me sane, give me witty things to say when wits fail, and I own all 190 episodes, and MGM needs to stay the **** away from this idea they've taken into their heads to do a modern movie.

16) The fact it'll be May soon and Dad and I can take the '52 out to the Wed. nite car shows again.

17) My upcoming Texas vacation which will be less an actual "vacation" than a rent-to-job recon mission, but a vacation nonetheless.

18) My new spectacles, The fact they flatter my face far more than my old spectacles, and the fact that I still refer to eyeglasses as "spectacles".

19) That even the New England winter must finally release its hold. Nothing can kill a man as quickly, or as slowly, as the New England winter. Those of you from the South, or Southern Cali that think you've had winters before? You haven't..

20) The fact I actually made it to 20.

10 things I don't like so much...

1) The current administration.

2) The general American public for being tooo goddamned stupid to see past the whole smoke and mirror act from BOTH sides and vote 3rd party.

4)Living in the People's Banana Republic of Taxmyassachusettstan. Well, that and not knowing where 3 went.

5)Having my hours cut.

6) Possibly not being able to take Buddy with me when I move:( ( apart from where I end up living/what they may have for rules/what vet/food costs might be, I can't justify taking him away from Mom, I mean they theoretically got him as "my" cat but he makes her too happy. :) :(

7) Accepting the fact I'm gonna have to live on friggin hippie food to lose any more weight.

8) That there are , like....one armed blind people who climb mountains, teenagers who get PhD's and I have trouble some days just getting out of goddamned bed. Hell, I make noises getting INTO bed. When did THAT start?!?!?!?!?!???

9) Being genetically predisposed to every health defect there is and accepting the fact I'm gonna have to become a gym fiend just to stay EVEN.

10) The fact it took me an hour to think of stuff to fill the first 20 and fifteen minutes to fill out these last 10.

Last edited:

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
Still, in the end, you came up with 2/3 good things...... not bad for a cynical spartan at day's end.

Latest Discussions