Things I don't understand

JadecloudAlchemist

Master of Arts
Reaction score
This thread is about things I don't understand.

1. Texting: Why would anyone want to talk wit their thumbs in a language like this: OMG I LKE SO THRE KOOL

2. Coprophilia/Beastality: I can't and won't imagine why people are interested in that.

3. Reality tv: I don't get it. It's like watching the neighbors only legally on tv.

4. Sims or simulated games: I have to work in real life to come home to work in a video game?

5. Women: Complain about everything you do is wrong until you buy them something then everything you do is right

6. The Beauty pageant for kids: I saw this in the movie Little Miss Sunshine I screamed it was the scariest thing I ever seen!!

7. Myspace/Facebook: I don't know what the point of it is and yes I have an account for both.

8. Emo: I don't get it. Whiney upper middle class kids.

9. Tv commericals with warning labels on them: What happen to the ole' days in which people knew doing what the commerical said was stupid.

10. George W. Bush: How he was elected twice I don't understand.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:lol: I agree with nearly all of those confusions ... other than number 5 ... because, as we all know, women (TM) are flawless, selfless, beings, who devote all their time and energy to making the lives of others better :tumbleweed:.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I fail to understand why women talk about wanting a nice guy for a bf or s.o. and end up with jerks then whine about how they'd wished they would meet a nice guy, but when they did before they wanted nothing to do with them... ????

Nomad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
:lol: I agree with nearly all of those confusions ... other than number 5 ... because, as we all know, women (TM) are flawless, selfless, beings, who devote all their time and energy to making the lives of others better :tumbleweed:.

Someone's wife/gf is looking over his shoulders while he's typing again... ;)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

1. Texting: Why would anyone want to talk wit their thumbs in a language like this: OMG I LKE SO THRE KOOL

2. Coprophilia/Beastality: I can't and won't imagine why people are interested in that.

3. Reality tv: I don't get it. It's like watching the neighbors only legally on tv.

4. Sims or simulated games: I have to work in real life to come home to work in a video game?

5. Women: Complain about everything you do is wrong until you buy them something then everything you do is right

6. The Beauty pageant for kids: I saw this in the movie Little Miss Sunshine I screamed it was the scariest thing I ever seen!!

7. Myspace/Facebook: I don't know what the point of it is and yes I have an account for both.

8. Emo: I don't get it. Whiney upper middle class kids.

9. Tv commericals with warning labels on them: What happen to the ole' days in which people knew doing what the commerical said was stupid.

1. texting is easier than calling people all the time, you can choose when to answer. They use text talk because it's cheaper, longer words = more texts = more money to pay

2. Weird but not the worst thing. Better than paedophilia.

3. because theres a lot of nosy people around who love watching what others do .... and criticise them. Gives the viewers a superiority complex.

4. because you can control what goes on in games and you can't in real life, it's also for people who are scared of real life lol

5. You are such a cynic!!

6. Beauty pageants for children are just plain evil!!

7. We use them to advertise our fight nights!! cheap advertising!

8. don't know what it is, prob too old lol!

9. We don't have those.

10. No comment, I'll only upset the non liberals again lol!

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score

Because nobody bothers to learn Morse Code anymore.

My Shaykh has a number of rules. The first two explain a lot of human behavior.
Rule #1: People are nuts.
Rule #2: People want to be stupid.

We have outlawed bloodsports, and Charleston marathons have gone out of fashion. So we've invented a new Theater of Cruelty which allows us to enjoy a maximum of human suffering combined with late-stage Capitalism propaganda to the effect of "Only one person gets anything. Cooperation is for losers. And it's always **** Your Buddy Week."

Dunno. If you don't have a life you compensate by trying to have two?

Try buying your wife a vacuum cleaner or a thigh-master when she's mad at you. See how well that one works :)

A combination of anti-feminist backlash, pedophilia and a truly sick attempt by neurotic middle-aged women to live through their daughters.

8. Emo: I don't get it. Whiney upper middle class kids
Got me.

We've had fifty years of Pavolvian training. We've come to believe that commercials are real. It may be a sign that we are beyond help as a culture.

The first time: theft, pure and simple.
The second time: partly theft, but mostly an unrelenting campaign of naked fear so that we would fall on our knees and embrace the chains of anyone who promised to keep us safe from the Scary Brown People.

Just about a lifetime ago one of the greatest Presidents said "So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself—nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance." It got us through the Depression and raised up Democracy's Greatest Generation to defeat Fascism.

Seven years ago the worst President said "The only thing we have is fear itself - nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror." It got us into a Depression and threw down Democracy to replace it with classic textbook Fascism.

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
Maybe I could have just written down Rule #1 and Rule #2 and left it at that...

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
No. 1 on my list on things I don't understand:

How Democrats seem to believe that Republican politicians are devils while Democrat politicians are saints.

You don't think Democrats would "steal" an election if they could pull it off? (Then again — indications are that they HAVE by loading ballot boxes with dead people, voting in more than one precinct, etc.)

Dems have the White House, Congress, and will soon have the Supreme Court. You Dems have shown yourselves to be the worst kind of poor losers; can't you at least be gracious in victory and stop beating the dead horse —*or lame duck, as the case may be?

To answer No. 10: maybe because half of this country doesn't swallow the Democrat Shills aka liberal mainstream media's "Bush is Stupid Evil Worst President Ever" koolaide.

FWIW, I'm NOT a Republican. I'm independent, maybe leaning toward Constiutution Party.

But I am sick and tired of all the Bush-bashing and eight years of whines about how the 2000 election was "stolen."

Get over it. You won. It's your turn. Please stop.

OP
J

JadecloudAlchemist

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Tez you cleared alot of things for me lol.

Teller my wife asks for Vaccum cleaners and Wii fit this season I wonder if it is a trap...

Zdom I find things that Bush does as a person to be baffling.

I think he doesn't think before he speaks and gets things mixed up easy.

I am not talking about his politics I am speaking on how he engages discussion.

His father has one of the greatest quotes I have ever read
"People are people they do people things"

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tez you cleared alot of things for me lol.

Teller my wife asks for Vaccum cleaners and Wii fit this season I wonder if it is a trap...

Zdom I find things that Bush does as a person to be baffling.

I think he doesn't think before he speaks and gets things mixed up easy.

I am not talking about his politics I am speaking on how he engages discussion.

His father has one of the greatest quotes I have ever read
"People are people they do people things"

We could have a thread pages long on Bushisms alleged and real!
My favourite..."The problem with the French is they don't have a word for entrepeneur"

Your wife asking for a vacuum is a definite trap! You can buy her one but it must be accompanied by something for her! the WII fit things is also a minefield, you mustn't at any point actually even hint that she may need it to lose weight,quite the opposite, you are only buying it for the fun that you can share together!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I don’t understand why so many people want a Blackberry or the Apple Equivalent
I don’t understand those blue tooth units at all, unless of course we are going borg
But then I never quite understood cell phones either.
I also don't understand why every time a software company releases a new OS why people stand in line to buy it, it is generally the most buggy version available

And why do humans feel the need to be strapped in and connected every bloody minute of the day?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Bigamy - who'd want two wives??? One is more than enough...

Side story from friends of mine from China after discussing old China and multiple wives

True conversation

Wife: If he ever wanted more than one wife I would kill him
Husband: If I ever had more than one wife I would kill myself.

True story

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
We could have a thread pages long on Bushisms alleged and real!
My favourite..."The problem with the French is they don't have a word for entrepeneur"

Now, Bushism are fun.

And I love Frank Caliendo's Dubya impersonation. He funnifies well — humorfication of the highest order!

Latest Discussions