Post Conversion Problems? Post Here Please.

cereal killer

Green Belt
Reaction score
Will the auto-censor be re-installed?
It works a little different. I have to manually add censored words to the filter. Hit me up via conversation and let me know the words that were censored and I will add them if need be. Thanks!

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally, I think "bad dog" should be censored. :)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please consider that 'English' English and 'American' English have several words that while are the same word have totally different meanings and therefore get censored when I use them in the context I normally use them. :)

One thing I thought a tad odd was that when I looked up X's profile there is a little message that says 'X is not following you' this is however very reassuring to know, I shan't have to keep looking over my shoulder now.

Oh and when someone else gets a 'disagree' why can't I see who it is?

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Please consider that 'English' English and 'American' English have several words that while are the same word have totally different meanings and therefore get censored when I use them in the context I normally use them. :)

Such as? Reply via conversation for examples please.

One thing I thought a tad odd was that when I looked up X's profile there is a little message that says 'X is not following you' this is however very reassuring to know, I shan't have to keep looking over my shoulder now.

"Following" replaces "friends" from the old software. A person can "follow" you, meaning that they will be updated on your public postings.

Oh and when someone else gets a 'disagree' why can't I see who it is?

Odd. I see "list" next to the ratings for a post. That shows who gave the rating.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It seems they have returned
No clue. Maybe a caching issue, might be something else being worked on in the back that's effecting that. I know we're still working on cleaning up some conflicts in the user permissions so that might be it.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Picking up on the ratings thing. I assume you have to hover the pointer over the top. Don't see who has done what either in terms rating etc.
Also, has anybody else have an issue with the tab key logging. Mine skips a box after having typed in my username.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Picking up on the ratings thing. I assume you have to hover the pointer over the top. Don't see who has done what either in terms rating etc.
Also, has anybody else have an issue with the tab key logging. Mine skips a box after having typed in my username.
I commented on this before. It's a tab order thing, and it's a little annoying.

I'm also having a strange issue where, when I click on the post reply button, my browser minimizes. It's not a deal breaker, but it's a little strange.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I really like the various icons below the posts. I'm enjoying the ability to use the new tags. It's much more specific to click on agree, disagree, useful, etc. than to neg rep or just not comment.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm also having a strange issue where, when I click on the post reply button, my browser minimizes. It's not a deal breaker, but it's a little strange.

I get that, sometimes. It only seems to happen when I'm at work on one of the old systems. I think they're running like Windows 3.1 or something...

OK, they're not that far out of date. They're actually running WindowsXP and IE from that era.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I commented on this before. It's a tab order thing, and it's a little annoying.

Oh okay. Tabs across the login point, but does not highlight the password box. No biggie, but on my own machine, I can use "remember password".

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I get that, sometimes. It only seems to happen when I'm at work on one of the old systems. I think they're running like Windows 3.1 or something...

OK, they're not that far out of date. They're actually running WindowsXP and IE from that era.
Ha. For the record, I'm using Windows 3.11 (Windows for Workgroups, if you will recall). I'm actually accessing the internet through a shell account using a vintage version of Mosaic.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ha. For the record, I'm using Windows 3.11 (Windows for Workgroups, if you will recall). I'm actually accessing the internet through a shell account using a vintage version of Mosaic.

Holly ****! Really?
I have to admit, after reading your posts on home theater systems PC, I kind of made the assumption that your computers would be up to date...

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Holly ****! Really?
I have to admit, after reading your posts on home theater systems PC, I kind of made the assumption that your computers would be up to date...
LOL. No. I'm not, but wouldn't it be awesome if I were? :)

Off topic tangent, but when you mentioned Windows 3.1, I flashed back. I was at the University of Washington in 1994 when I first saw the internet through a graphical browser. I was using Windows 3.11 and did indeed have a shell account through the university, text only. Because windows 3.11 didn't have winsock, I actually used an application called "twinsock" that essentially replicated that functionality. It was a beast that involved actually compiling c## code Seeing a website that was all text and then seeing it in a browser was truly one of those "Oh SH##, that is AWESOME!" moments in my life. :D

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
csh, telnet, ftp and USENET, baby...

Damn, now I feel old again.
Yeah man. I remember going down to the Software Etc. store and picking up a printed sheet they had available with all of the local bulletin boards on them. Dial in... 1200 baud (I upgraded from 1200 baud to 14.4... talk about FAST!), post to the discussions, play the door games and download files using xmodem, ymodem and the blazing fast zmodem (or szmodem).

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah man. I remember going down to the Software Etc. store and picking up a printed sheet they had available with all of the local bulletin boards on them. Dial in... 1200 baud (I upgraded from 1200 baud to 14.4... talk about FAST!), post to the discussions, play the door games and download files using xmodem, ymodem and the blazing fast zmodem (or szmodem).

1200 baud? Piffle... 300 baud acoustic modems, dude.

There was a time when I could actually make a connection (no data, but sync up and connect) by whistling into the handset. Geekfest, 1982!!!

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
1200 baud? Piffle... 300 baud acoustic modems, dude.

There was a time when I could actually make a connection (no data, but sync up and connect) by whistling into the handset. Geekfest, 1982!!!

I think we knew each other back then. You were known as Dirty Captain Crunch :D
/obscure geek reference

Latest Discussions