Post Conversion Problems? Post Here Please.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Im having trouble with the PM system today. It shows new messages but when I click inbox it goes to a blank white screen.I have to keep exiting out and reloading before it works. THen when I try to respond I keep getting getting a java script error and have to try to send like 6 or 7 times before it sends it.
The entire page it really slow today.
Also several times today Id hit the reply on a post and it would kick me out to the main page again

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could someone pleas tell this idiot how to see the thanks, agrees and so on. I hover over the icon, but nothing shows?

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Still keep getting a blank white screen when I click on some of the threads. Other times it just refreshes back to the main page

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could someone pleas tell this idiot how to see the thanks, agrees and so on. I hover over the icon, but nothing shows?

Are you talking about seeing likes/etc that others have given you, or the buttons to like a post?
Ones you're given show up in the lower left corner of the liked post. The icons to the lower right you hover over and click to like a post.
If you want to see old likes, you can check under the ALERTS button or in your profile.

Still keep getting a blank white screen when I click on some of the threads. Other times it just refreshes back to the main page

Odd. I'm not having any problem like that. It does seem that things take longer to load when I'm on this computer (Windows 8 with desktop IE) compared to my laptop (Windows 7 with IE) or even from work (Windows XP with a crayon).

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah when the white screen shows up the address bar at the top gets some crazy url address I'll write it down next time.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Not a pain. We can't fix it if we don't know it's broken / still broken.

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
The only way I've been able to see all the likes, agrees, etc. on a post that has multiples is to go to my account and personal details, click on Ratings Received on the left side of the screen. All ratings will be listed and whom.

cereal killer

Green Belt
Reaction score

I keep getting this error when I try to open my PM inbox
That happens because you are timing out. Once you refresh that fixes it (as you noticed), but your other issues seem to be browser/settings/cookie related. Have you changed the default settings of your browser or the way it handles cookies etc etc?

Make sure you put a check mark in the 'Stay logged in' as well

cereal killer

Green Belt
Reaction score
likes.png

When a post is rated (see above) hit 'list'. That will show you who's liked, agreed, disagreed etc the post.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
That happens because you are timing out. Once you refresh that fixes it (as you noticed), but your other issues seem to be browser/settings/cookie related. Have you changed the default settings of your browser or the way it handles cookies etc etc?

Make sure you put a check mark in the 'Stay logged in' as well
HMM it pops up in a few seconds is there a way to extend my time? When I refresh I get the white screen then I need to close down the browser and stat over. I have not changed any settings the old forum worked no problems and other forums I use are working fine. What should I look for in my settings to fix it?

cereal killer

Green Belt
Reaction score
What browser are you using? Are you disabling scripts? Are you running a virus protection and having it monitor your browser?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Having real problems logging on, when I do get here and click on I get white screen or the message Ballen gets, the inbox and alerts won't click on either. I refresh it several times before the site comes up. It's doing this on my tablet (which isn't connected to my computer) and the computer in the public library as well! This is the only site that is doing this. I think Ballen and I are having the same problem, this is first time I've got on today, I had to post a message in the one thread I could got on yesterday, to ask someone could pass it on. :)
On this post I clicked reply to Ballen's but there's no quote and when I click on 'post reply' it will take a few minutes to post up on the site.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Still unable to use firefox on this compter to log on to MT.
I have to switch to IE and then my spelling corrector dose not work.
I have cleaned everything I can aybe my comp is just going bad again

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
What browser are you using? Are you disabling scripts? Are you running a virus protection and having it monitor your browser?
Ive tried Internet explorer, Firefox, and Google chrome all the same. Ive used my phone my laptop at home and my work computer. All different virus protection types. Same issues on all of them. I click on threads and it just resets to the home screen or I get the white screen. I cant open alerts or inbox. I have to hit post reply 3 or 4 times to get it to post. I close out and reload the page 5 or 6 times just to get it to open. If there is a better browser for me to try Ill try that. Right now its very frustrating to even come here right now. This just started over the last 2 days it was working ok before that.