Post Conversion Problems? Post Here Please.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't bother with google. Just put the address
martialtalk.com
into your address bar and see if that fixes it.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, I tried both suggestions above and sadly they didn't work. I ended up downloading Mozilla Firefox which got me in. Good or bad I don't know, but, I'm up and running. :)

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's odd. I've connected from a PC using plain old IE as well as Chrome without any problems. I've used Safari on the iPhone 6 Plus without any problems.
Maybe you need to clear your cookies? It's possible you're being sent to the wrong link. Firefox as a fresh install wouldn't be checking those cookies.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try wiping your cookies and history/cache whatever other browser you were using. As part of the software changeover, the old "splash page" with links to the forums, staff, etc. was dropped, and you go straight to the forums at MartialTalk.Com - Friendly Martial Arts Forum Community . But your browser may be trying to use the old info -- and you get the 404 error. If I use my old bookmarks for some of the mod stuff -- I get the same thing.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sounds like a cache issue. Clearing it should help in most cases.

jezr74

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sometimes the /forum/forums.php is captured in your bookmarks, maybe check to make sure it's only martialtalk.com now and is not auto populating in your browser? it won't recognize the php extension.

Balrog

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Oops....trying to take a poll, got an error. What is your main focus MartialTalk.Com - Friendly Martial Arts Forum Community

upload_2014-11-27_13-44-52.png

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Woot woot!
TapaTalk is working again. :)

Sent from an old fashioned 300 baud acoustic modem by whistling into the handset. Really.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clearing the browser cache and re-bookmarking worked for me. On the phone though, there were no issues. Guess probably because I used the Noika the next day after going live.

EDIT> Aside from the logo.

Last edited:

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
on my laptop I have no problem accessing the site on my PC I have cleared all catches a couple times tried googlestill get a 404.
I changed back to Internet Explorer on the PC and can get on but some problems with posting and spelling corrections which may be from my server not yours.

Did we lose some post count when the conversion changed over?
not a problem but someone want to explain Points, and rateings

Is there a way to see who is online/viewing the forum

Last edited:

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
on my laptop I have no problem accessing the site on my PC I have cleared all catches a couple times tried googlestill get a 404.
I changed back to Internet Explorer on the PC and can get on but some problems with posting and spelling corrections which may be from my server not yours.

Did we lose some post count when the conversion changed over?
not a problem but someone want to explain Points, and rateings

Try cut and paste below into your address bar on the PC. Could also try hitting Ctrl - H on google, delete the history from the end of time.

MartialTalk.Com - Friendly Martial Arts Forum Community

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge, no content was lost. There have been some minor changes in the "back room" about how we do a few things due to differences in software, but nobody should find any missing posts because of that. It is, I think, possible that something posted during the transition could be lost; that's going to be something the folks from Forum Foundry can address better than I can.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've had no problems - but why the change..?
The version of vBulletin we were running was obsolete and falling apart (much like vBulletin as a brand). Xenforo is modern, loads faster, has better mobile capabilities, and is actively maintained by the vendor.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still have a few instances of post alert not of not, well alerting. Know the bedding period will a bit touchy. The rest seems fine, but where has the auto quote gone? Can't seem to find it, yeah I can do it manually al right, but sometimes a lot easier to miss the first tag. Sorry, I am not moaning, just a little set.

EDIT> within the rich text editor or whatever it is.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Still have a few instances of post alert not of not, well alerting. Know the bedding period will a bit touchy. The rest seems fine, but where has the auto quote gone? Can't seem to find it, yeah I can do it manually al right, but sometimes a lot easier to miss the first tag. Sorry, I am not moaning, just a little set.

EDIT> within the rich text editor or whatever it is.
If you use the REPLY button at the bottom of a post, it'll automatically include it as a quote. If you simply start typing a reply in the box at the bottom, no quotes. If you want to multi-quote from more than one post, it's a little more combersome. You have to select the posts, hit reply, and then manually insert the others. (I think it's available as a pop-up from more options if you've set up the multi-quote.)

Latest Discussions