Post Conversion Problems? Post Here Please.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you use the REPLY button at the bottom of a post, it'll automatically include it as a quote. If you simply start typing a reply in the box at the bottom, no quotes. If you want to multi-quote from more than one post, it's a little more combersome. You have to select the posts, hit reply, and then manually insert the others. (I think it's available as a pop-up from more options if you've set up the multi-quote.)

Yeah thanks, but multi quoting is easier with the option tab. Cut and paste what you want, select all and quote, simples :)

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm not able to edit my posts on a cell phone. I click the edit button and it never loads the post to fix it. The edit works fine on a computer

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Interface is much less visually appealing, but works fine. Still getting used to it. Is Trophy Points where Reputation Points went?

cereal killer

Green Belt
Reaction score
Here's how to multi-quote and 'trim the fat' (only use what you want from the different quotes)
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

multi-quote.png

Here's a cool little feature that I'm not sure anyone has discovered yet. This new way to multi-quote will take the place of the old "one" if you are looking to multi-quote SPECIFIC things members are saying. Here's how it works:
  • Left click and drag your cursor over the the specific text you want to quote (ie. highlight text/see above)
  • Choose +Quote or Reply (see above). Choosing +Quote will enter the highlighted text into the multi-quote que. Choosing Reply will reply ONLY to the text you highlighted.
  • Keep choosing/highlighting the text/members in posts that you wish to multi-quote and choose +Quote to add them to the multi-quote cue. When done scroll down to the text box and choose "insert quotes"
You will be presented with the all the quotes and usernames of everyone you quoted (see below).

insert-quote.png

You can now rearrange the quotes in whatever order you wish by hovering over the quote/entry (cursor will change) and by left clicking and dragging the quote up/down. You can also leave the quotes as is. Once your satisfied with the order choose "quote these messages" and away you go

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm not able to edit my posts on a cell phone. I click the edit button and it never loads the post to fix it. The edit works fine on a computer

Android, Ios or Windows on your phone?

I'm still having the same problem.

Holiday weekend. Forum permissions are being worked on.

Interface is much less visually appealing, but works fine. Still getting used to it. Is Trophy Points where Reputation Points went?

Site will be "prettied up" once most issues are ironed out.

As to trophy points / rep, Not sure.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
http://www.martialtalk.com/threads/what-is-your-main-focus.116375/

Adding a poll required a premium membership before the upgrade. I think. (Been ages since I looked at that). Might still be the case

Did we lose some post count when the conversion changed over?
not a problem but someone want to explain Points, and rateings

Is there a way to see who is online/viewing the forum

To the best of my knowledge, no content was lost. There have been some minor changes in the "back room" about how we do a few things due to differences in software, but nobody should find any missing posts because of that. It is, I think, possible that something posted during the transition could be lost; that's going to be something the folks from Forum Foundry can address better than I can.

Post counts may be processed differently,and only count what you have permission to view. IE, ex mods may lose post count from the mod area when they stop being a mod. Not sure, just a guess on my part.

Points n ratings I have no idea on at the moment.

Who's online: look along the right side of the main forum screen. I can see some avatars there and some links. Not sure who else can right now.

Can we have the martial arts related ones please, like the 'bowing' and swords etc?

I expect at least some of those will be back shortly.

Just a side note: Most of us on staff are learning as we go right now. It's all new stuff for us. Please be patient as we work through things, but also please keep the feedback good and not so good coming. Thank you. :)

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Using a Windows Lumia 900, on Tapatalk I can find the listing for MartialTalk, but it comes up with an error when I try to link to the forum.

cereal killer

Green Belt
Reaction score
Using a Windows Lumia 900, on Tapatalk I can find the listing for MartialTalk, but it comes up with an error when I try to link to the forum.
TapaTalk support will be added back by the end of next week, in the meantime feel free to use that native browser on your Lumia. I have a Lumia Icon and surf MT all the time. It works pretty awesome and looks great too.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If we start a conversation with someone is there an alert or something that tells us if and when they reply.
I know Im asking alot of questions just trying to figure all of the new stuff out

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You will receive an alert if someone rates one of your posts, quotes one of your posts, or sends a conversation message (what were called PMs in the old software).

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Pretty slick! Thanks all for your hard work. Looking forward to the upcoming Tapatalk support, too :)

Latest Discussions