Post Conversion Problems? Post Here Please.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cannot connect with TapaTalk on an iPhone 6 Plus, latest versions of TapaTalk and iOS. :(
Cell phone version of the site is less then desirable.
I agree. Tapatalk is not able to connect (I don't know if Tapatalk and the new software just don't talk, or if the links have changed and that's the end of the problem), and I found the format to be a challenge on my cell. Might be fine with a tablet or one of the newest super-giganto phones... but I can't carry a backpack around to tote one of those! ;) I had trouble hitting the links I wanted, and it seemed to load slowly/unevenly. Admittedly -- my phone isn't the newest, and I don't have the latest version of the Android OS...

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think overall it's gone exceptionally well. There is a small learning curve, mostly on the mod stuff (anybody wanna volunteer to be banned? :D) but I do think it's an upgrade, not just a conversion.

Yeah I am willing if you want to test it? But not posting nuffin :D

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One thing I have noticed is that the Google index needs a bit of attention, if web based.

Error on clicking of FMAF tab>
404 Not Found
nginx/1.6.2

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Little thing, but I tend to navigate without the mouse as much as possible. When I put my user name in, the next logical spot in the tab sequence should be the password field, but it's not.

Just logged off to tab through. Looks like, from the user name field, you'd have to tab through every other link on the page (which is a ton) to get to the password field. It's mildly (very mildly) bothersome for me. But I don't know whether we have any low vision or blind users here, but anyone on a screen reader would go nuts trying to just log on. :D

jezr74

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone able to tell if there is a global thread settings option, I like the newest posts on top etc.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can I get a :facepalm: emoticon? There are times when it's really really needed...

:rolleyes::D

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Can I get a :facepalm: emoticon? There are times when it's really really needed...

:rolleyes::D
I need my BS one. Sometimes it needs to be used more than once, not to mention my little signature asian man.
:)

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Workibg on my phone now. Firefox is working better than Chrome. Still having to hit tiny links or buttons with day fingers though

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Works very nicely with Safari on the iPhone 6 Plus. I do prefer TapaTalk, though.

jezr74

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Remember the migration to this board will have quirks. Let it bed in and I am sure you will like it!
Cool, don't mind if it's not a feature. Just wondering if I should stop looking for it :p

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
If you encounter a problem, see somethings broken, or such, please let us know. Admins are working through things as quickly as we can but as always, every bit of info helps.

Thanks!

Also my personal thanks to Forum Foundry's admins and Cereal Killer for tackling this conversion.

I'm noticing something a little odd in my old posts… whenever I have a comma, it seems to add a sequence of numbers and icons, most commonly …

Not sure if this is happening on anyone else's posts (I haven't seen it anywhere else)… but it appears to be in the majority, if not all, my posts. Hmm.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Cool, don't mind if it's not a feature. Just wondering if I should stop looking for it :p
Some things are going to be in different places.some will work/look a little different, and some things are very different.

We basically went from knob & tube wiring and a fuse box to nice modern romex and a breaker panel. We went from a Model T to a Tesla S. We went from an Abacus to an iMac with Retina display. Not that I'm saying vB was a bit...outdated. No, I'd never say that. ;)

Keep letting us know what's gone missing or weird. It's being looked at. Me, I'm staying out of the kitchen until they're done. Last time I poked something back there WNY flooded. :D

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Workibg on my phone now. Firefox is working better than Chrome. Still having to hit tiny links or buttons with day fingers though
And, I can see, I'll have to look at font setting options! I actually thought that was reasonably close when I wrote it... Should be "fat fingers" not "day fingers"!

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wow Looks like some people where able to see the site yesterday. I could not get on until 4pm today. Keep getting a 404 error message until then.
Only complaint I have so far is my avatar loks ugly when blown up but that's most likely my fault

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good evening, quick question. Off my cell phone I do a Google search find martial talk log in and enter the site and forums with no problem.
Off my desk top I do the same thing, log in and the welcome page pops up and I hit forum button and get a 404 error. Any suggestions??

Latest Discussions