New anti Sine Wave pattern deliveries on Youtube

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Nope. I don't have a base level of respect for strangers. It starts off neutral. I'm still courteous to them. I gather that this might not be the case for you...but that's you. Not everyone.

You just said yourself that's it's neutral. Courteous is going out of your way to be nice. Chance encounters are irrelevant anyway. You just do things on autopilot.

Last edited:

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Earl Weiss: "So, you are comparing what General Choi consistently taught with what someone else says he thinks General Choi taught - got it."

No, I base it on my own training dating back to 2014 under Yeo Chin Huat

Sir, Thank you for confirming what I said. Your opinion is based on your understanding of what someone else purportedly said their understanding of what General Choi allegedly said or taught. (This provides 2 levels of potential misinterpretation)

My opinion is firsthand experience. Training directly with General Choi - over 150 classroom hours from 1990 to 2002. Pages of notes from these classes means any inconsistencies or misunderstanding would have been revealed.

I tried to find your instructor's resume on line so I could better understand the depth and breadth of his direct experience. The on line resume is spare. Says he was born in 1953 and started Judo in 1966, and some unspecified time later started TKD continuing on to reach 9th Dan and leading Sweden . If you have more details I would love to see it.

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Earl Weiss: "So, you are comparing what General Choi consistently taught with what someone else says he thinks General Choi taught - got it."

Sir, Thank you for confirming what I said. Your opinion is based on your understanding of what someone else purportedly said their understanding of what General Choi allegedly said or taught. (This provides 2 levels of potential misinterpretation)

My opinion is firsthand experience. Training directly with General Choi - over 150 classroom hours from 1990 to 2002. Pages of notes from these classes means any inconsistencies or misunderstanding would have been revealed.

I tried to find your instructor's resume on line so I could better understand the depth and breadth of his direct experience. The on line resume is spare. Says he was born in 1953 and started Judo in 1966, and some unspecified time later started TKD continuing on to reach 9th Dan and leading Sweden . If you have more details I would love to see it.

Here is the clubs website:

Malmö TaeKwon-Do-Cobra

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
So then you agree that you don't need to respect someone to be courteous to them?

Not if it's someone with an agenda counter to yours such as the KKW. We saw how Choi dismissed them as pretenders. His statements were an absolutely disgrace. The only courtesy he would show them face to face would be out of fear to get his *** kicked.

I am not a representative for TKD so I can say what I want. He should be held to a higher standard.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not if it's someone with an agenda counter to yours such as the KKW. We saw how Choi dismissed them as pretenders. His statements were an absolutely disgrace. The only courtesy he would show them face to face would be out of fear to get his *** kicked.

I am not a representative for TKD so I can say what I want. He should be held to a higher standard.
That's irrelevant to my point. It's a specific instance where you feel someone was both did not respect the others, and was discourteous towards them. It does not mean that you cannot be courteous towards someone you do not respect, as you initially implied.

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score

Sir, I see, now you are criticizing someone else for critical statements you deem to be a disgrace.

Have you heard the expression "The pot calling the Kettle Black" ?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Being courteous to complete strangers is autopilot ingrained by your parents. It means nothing.

It means you don't get punched out by said stranger because you aren't rude to them.

Politeness and good manners are the oil that enables people to exist reasonably amicably. I don't think you got the note about that.

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Here is the clubs website:

Malmö TaeKwon-Do-Cobra
Found this:
GM Yeo Chin-Huat, born 1953 began his martial arts journey by practicing judo. In 1966 he began training taekwondo in Singapore when he was still a teenager. Taekwon-do was introduced to Singapore sometime in the early 60´s when Gen. Choi was an ambassador to Korea in Malaysia.
>>>Yeo was training under a Singapore pioneer instructor in YMCA and for a short period he was also training with some guest instructors, like GM Han Cha Kyo and GM Kim Bok Man, the Korean original Taekwon-do pioneer.<<<
In 1973 he joined the Singapore armed Forces, as taekwondo instructor he was teaching the senior officers and the Advanced Physical Training Instructors in the (School of Physical Training). He was among the first official taekwondo instructors to be appointed in the Singapore Army. He was also active in promoting taekwondo by instructing taekwondo at the YMCA. He participated in a number of taekwondo tournaments at both national and international levels.
He arrived in Sweden in 1977 as a guest instructor to GM Leong W.M. and later he took over his two clubs and continued to develop Taekwon-do in Sweden. He has been very active and TaeKwon-Do has been the main force in his life, since then he Participated almost in every ITF world Championships and European Championships as an Umpire/Jury. He also organized a few important seminars, for Gen. Choi in Sweden 1994 October with over more then hundreds of participants, For the Grand Master Rhee Ki Ha in Sweden as well.
Grand Master Yeo emphasizes not only a strict self-imposed discipline along with the spirit of cooperation and mutual respect. The study of TaeKwon-Do proceeded in two parts; spiritual discipline and technical perfection.

I noted the part >>><<<< Because according to Han Ch Kyo's info GM Han was Chief instructor in Singapore in 1971 before he left for Chicago. Since my instructor was under Han Cha Kyo when he started one could say we have the same roots vis a vis adopting GM Han's habits in the early days which were of course CDK Habits.

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
That is correct. And is contradictory to your statement that respect and courtesy are always co-present.

Nope. Not being disrespectful is not equivalent to being respectful. There is a middle ground called neutral.

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I noted the part >>><<<< Because according to Han Ch Kyo's info GM Han was Chief instructor in Singapore in 1971 before he left for Chicago. Since my instructor was under Han Cha Kyo when he started one could say we have the same roots vis a vis adopting GM Han's habits in the early days which were of course CDK Habits.

Nobody is disputing that you did things differently the early days. That's not the issue. The issue is how to do it now

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Nobody is disputing that you did things differently the early days. That's not the issue. The issue is how to do it now
No sir, the issue is how someone thought General Choi wanted things done in the early days because they assumed what some pioneer did reflected that (which included me) and then when learning what General Choi actually wanted viewed it as a change rather than a refinement / correction. .

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
No sir, the issue is how someone thought General Choi wanted things done in the early days because they assumed what some pioneer did reflected that (which included me) and then when learning what General Choi actually wanted viewed it as a change rather than a refinement / correction. .

GM Yeo has a photo General Choi sitting in his sofa in the 90s. You can find it in the clubs website. Does that indicate to you someone who is not in touch with Choi since the 70s?

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
One would think that in 4 years training, 3 days a week, I would be told to twist my hip in SW when punching, if that was what GM Yeo wanted.

Very curious also that he, like Choi, corrected people who did twist their hips in clips we can all see, as opposed to unverified anecdotes....

The evidence against United States Grandmaster is damning.... Pretty sure I would win this case easily in a court... Regardless of the truth.

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
While we are on the subject of argument from authority. Is US GM Weiss of the opinion that he is a higher authority than international GM Yeo?

Just curious....

Latest Discussions