New anti Sine Wave pattern deliveries on Youtube

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know you know absolutely nothing about the subject, which makes you even more foolish than you already are.

But you of course side with the GM nonetheless, true to to your sheep nature.

The definition now of a personal attack.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I know you know absolutely nothing about the subject, which makes you even more foolish than you already are.

But you of course side with the GM nonetheless, true to to your sheep nature.
I’m not “siding with” anyone. I do find Earl to be the more credible source when the topic is TKD history. He has been around for a long time. You have barely gotten your feet wet. You are not a credible source on the topic, no matter how much you want to be. Train hard for another 30 years or so, get to know who is who, spend some time being part of the history, and you might start to get some respect. You are doing yourself no favors by posting the way that you do.

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I’m not “siding with” anyone. I do find Earl to be the more credible source when the topic is TKD history. He has been around for a long time. You have barely gotten your feet wet. You are not a credible source on the topic, no matter how much you want to be. Train hard for another 30 years or so, get to know who is who, spend some time being part of the history, and you might start to get some respect. You are doing yourself no favors by posting the way that you do.

There are people more experienced than Earl who are under a different impression as to what SW does and does not contain.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are people more experienced than Earl who are under a different impression as to what SW does and does not contain.

Maybe, maybe not but for sure you aren't one of those experienced people. You are just an ignorant tyro.

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Why is that you disagree, if General Choi emphasized hip twists in his lectures...?
Sir, I don't know that we disagree or agree on this issue and I don't know that Mr. Anslow ever attended a course with General Choi. he may very well have.

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Them how come the sine wave deliveries against a black background that Choi approved of had little to no hip twist, exactly like Anslow wrote
Please don't change the narrative. The issue was some claim by you that General Choi eliminated hip twist when he introduced Sine Wave. he did not. The text in the books is virtually the same (Although Knee Spring was added.. ) The fact that some may have reduced the amount they twisted their hips after refining their technique to what General Choi wanted only means they were doing it incorrectly before they learned what he wanted. I readily admit that from the first IIC my note contained many things I needed to fix. My first impression when I heard him say somethings was that he was wrong or stuff changed. After reviewing the texts it was clear I had been taught incorrectly carrying over various habits from those who came before me.

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Interesting. Name 3 and provide a source as to their "Experience" in the classroom with General Choi. Listing courses attended etc. My Resume lists the 7 Instructor courses I attended with him (Hosting One) as well as some additional seminars There are definitely people out there with more classroom experience than I. I am probably acquainted with most of them.

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think some will find this story entertaining. I frequently get visitors from other countries. Some are more open minded than others. On one occasion I corrected a student and his response was: My instructor is an 8th Dan and he is a personal student of General Choi (Outranked me by one at the time) and he said the technique should be done like this. " I didn't say anything but I photocopied the page from the text and presented it to him at the next classs and said "Book written by 9th Dan your instructor loses." He was more open minded after that.

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Please don't change the narrative. The issue was some claim by you that General Choi eliminated hip twist when he introduced Sine Wave. he did not. The text in the books is virtually the same (Although Knee Spring was added.. ) e.

There is no mention of hip twist in his Sine Wave parameters.

It states:

"1. turn the hip and abdomen in the same direction as the attacking tool. "

That means face the target with your hip and abdomen pointing towards the target. (it has to mean the the since the SW resource come next). You can't hip twist before the SW motion has started.

2. The heel of the rear foot should be raised sightly off the ground at the beginning of the motion and placed firmly on the ground at the moment of impact in all cases

3. Raise the body sightly at the beginning of the motion, and lower it at the moment of impact

Nowhere does he mention a hip twist in his own parameters.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210105-011716.png
    Screenshot_20210105-011716.png
    938.5 KB · Views: 59
OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I think some will find this story entertaining. I frequently get visitors from other countries. Some are more open minded than others. On one occasion I corrected a student and his response was: My instructor is an 8th Dan and he is a personal student of General Choi (Outranked me by one at the time) and he said the technique should be done like this. " I didn't say anything but I photocopied the page from the text and presented it to him at the next classs and said "Book written by 9th Dan your instructor loses." He was more open minded after that.

You claimed that Jong Soo Park, in 1970, showed residuals of CDK, when he had been in General Chois demo team since the 60s. Do yo realise then that your SW claim dating back to the early 70s is false? The man is on the Generals team, travels with him, is tucked in at night along with the other demo players. Is his "poster boy". Etc etc

Jong Soo Park left somewhere after 1973, having yet to be introduced to SW. That is a fact. Alex Gillis testifies to this having been one of Parks students.

Last edited:
OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Interesting. Name 3 and provide a source as to their "Experience" in the classroom with General Choi. Listing courses attended etc. My Resume lists the 7 Instructor courses I attended with him (Hosting One) as well as some additional seminars There are definitely people out there with more classroom experience than I. I am probably acquainted with most of them.

I will refer you to Yeo Chin Huat, who when asked how he used to punch in forms prior to SW illustrated a hip twist. He did that to a user you are currently debating.

Yeo is a former president of ITF in Sweden, referee, examiner, Grandmaster, and was a personal friend of General Choi.

Also the author of this book, with a foreword/endorsement written by General Choi

_20210105_015519.JPG

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Well, you don’t strike me as the kind of fellow who would ever take advice from anyone.

That has nothing to do with anything. It was in response to the fact that Weiss is right and I'm wrong because he has more experience, according to your logic

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
That has nothing to do with anything. It was in response to the fact that Weiss is right and I'm wrong because he has more experience, according to your logic
No, Mr. Weiss is 'right' because his very patient explanation to you is correct. The only thing you have proven is that whatever is said by whoever says it is going to be wrong in you eyes.
Another way to put this is that you are in a very, very small minority with your opinion. One to be exact.

I feel very bad for you and your trainer. People who will not empty themselves and learn usually do not stay in training very long.

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
There is no mention of hip twist in his Sine Wave parameters.

It states:

"1. turn the hip and abdomen in the same direction as the attacking tool. "

That means face the target with your hip and abdomen pointing towards the target. (it has to mean the the since the SW resource come next). You can't hip twist before the SW motion has started.

Sir, Once again you are mistaken. I don't know how you come up with "That means face the target with your hip and abdomen pointing towards the target" It applies even if you are already facing the target. I can't tell if you really believe this strained interpretation or are just trying to find something to support your unfounded contention.

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
You claimed that Jong Soo Park, in 1970, showed residuals of CDK, when he had been in General Chois demo team since the 60s. Do yo realise then that your SW claim dating back to the early 70s is false? The man is on the Generals team, travels with him, is tucked in at night along with the other demo players. Is his "poster boy". Etc etc

Jong Soo Park left somewhere after 1973, having yet to be introduced to SW. That is a fact. Alex Gillis testifies to this having been one of Parks students.
No, you misinterpret what I said. The term "Sine Wave" does not appear until the 1983 edition. However, the up and down motion which later was called SW was called "Spring Style" in the 1970's. Raising and lowering the hip appears in editions before the term SW was introduced. GM Park was among the "Korean Supermen General Choi chose for demonstrations knowing their physical feats would impress people and encourage them to train in TKD.

As far as GM Park leaving somewhere after 1973 you need to be updated. He returned .
The first I saw him was at a a technical conference in 1996, and later he attended IICs where I saw him in Newfoundland and Colorado he was there to update and refine his knowledge. When he came to Chicago for a wedding he called me to meet him for coffee between the ceremony and reception. It was a wedding for the Daughter of Han Cha Kyo sadly who had died before then, and GM Nam Tae Hi and others went for coffee as well. Anything else you would like to tell me about GM Park Jong Soo?

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Sir, Once again you are mistaken. I don't know how you come up with "That means face the target with your hip and abdomen pointing towards the target" It applies even if you are already facing the target. I can't tell if you really believe this strained interpretation or are just trying to find something to support your unfounded contention.

It goes without saying that to you don't hip twist before Sine Wave has been initiated, assuming you do twist at all (which you claim). The supposed twist of which you speak would have to follow #2, not preceed it

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
I will refer you to Yeo Chin Huat, who when asked how he used to punch in forms prior to SW illustrated a hip twist. He did that to a user you are currently debating.

View attachment 23512
That is one - I asked for 3. Not acquainted with this person Sadly I could not find his resume on line . Do you have a link listing courses attended and promotion dates?

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
No, you misinterpret what I said. The term "Sine Wave" does not appear until the 1983 edition. However, the up and down motion which later was called SW was called "Spring Style" in the 1970's. Raising and lowering the hip appears in editions before the term SW was introduced. GM Park was among the "Korean Supermen General Choi chose for demonstrations knowing their physical feats would impress people and encourage them to train in TKD.

As far as GM Park leaving somewhere after 1973 you need to be updated. He returned .
The first I saw him was at a a technical conference in 1996, and later he attended IICs where I saw him in Newfoundland and Colorado he was there to update and refine his knowledge. When he came to Chicago for a wedding he called me to meet him for coffee between the ceremony and reception. It was a wedding for the Daughter of Han Cha Kyo sadly who had died before then, and GM Nam Tae Hi and others went for coffee as well. Anything else you would like to tell me about GM Park Jong Soo?

You wrote that Jong Soo Park showed his CDK roots, agreeing that he did not in fact display "spring style" in the clip, or did you mean he displayed both? Very curious that he would still show roots from something he did 10-15 years ago....

I know that Park later returned but that's irrelevant to the point.

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
It goes without saying that to you don't hip twist before Sine Wave has been initiated, assuming you do twist at all (which you claim). The supposed twist of which you speak would have to follow #2, not preceed it
No, it all flows together It's not an either or plus it depend on the prior position. If you are in a half facing position and then punch the hip only moves from the half to the full face position. Similarly if stepping the rear leg hip side is slightly back and becomes full facing. If in sitting stance as you know punches begin with slight rearword motion and the hip moves rearward with it. You are creating a false premise to support your point.