Edit: double post.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I didn't say "just leave".

But I am wondering why he is staying if such a place is so horrible. Chances are we'd love to have him going to school up here. Many of the people that are voicing support for him around the web are making similar comments, example: "Come to New York, there are less crazy people here."

OP
fangjian

fangjian

Black Belt
Reaction score
I didn't say "just leave".

But I am wondering why he is staying if such a place is so horrible. We'd love to have him going to school up here. Many of the people that are voicing support for him around the web are making similar comments. "Come to New York, there are less crazy people here."

He JUST graduated high school. There's no reason why he would've moved anywhere.

"Come to NY there are less crazy people." hahahahahahahahahaha

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
He JUST graduated high school. There's no reason why he would've moved anywhere.

No reason at all? ;) No plans for living someplace for the summer working a summer job? No plans on starting college early to get a jump on the requirements? No plans to leave for a 4 year school in a few months? No plans to join the service?

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
No reason at all? ;) No plans for living someplace for the summer working a summer job? No plans on starting college early to get a jump on the requirements? No plans to leave for a 4 year school in a few months? No plans to join the service?

Since all of those definitionally happen after he graduates.......they're not really relevant to the main point.

OP
fangjian

fangjian

Black Belt
Reaction score
If such a place is so horrible, then why hasn't he taken responsibility upon himself to leave?

Idk. Maybe he has made plans. Maybe not.

Maybe this is all just a dream.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Idk. Maybe he has made plans. Maybe not.

Maybe this is all just a dream.

Not sure I want to see him in ruby slippers... :lol2:

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score

Blade96

Senior Master
Reaction score
Dag, the school didn't have to not preferm the prayer, the atheist in question should have been allowed to opt out of that portion of his graduation ceremony and the school could still do it. Everyone is happy.

Why couldn't they just do that.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Dag, the school didn't have to not preferm the prayer, the atheist in question should have been allowed to opt out of that portion of his graduation ceremony and the school could still do it. Everyone is happy.

Why couldn't they just do that.

That would be non-confrontational and, like, nice and logical....
Who in the hell is going for that these days?!

OP
fangjian

fangjian

Black Belt
Reaction score
Similar story. Didn't hear about it till just now.

[yt]p0kYzTkFY_A[/yt]

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
Interesting video. Assuming it's not as highly edited as most partisan videos, it seems like that report is a textbook case of yellow journalism. You could use it in classes as an example of what not to do....

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Altho' I am connected to the Net and have pretty fair search skillz {leet br0!} so I could find out with a quick Google, I wonder if someone could enlighten me as to what is meant by "yellow journalism"? I get the contextural 'feel' of the term but would be interested in knowing more accurately how the term is being used.

Latest Discussions