YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! KKW 17th F.I.C.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I wonder if they will have a course on Hot Chocolate and the money that can be nade from it......
icon10.gif

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Ok. This thread has gone way off course and is old. However....wait for it...
YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Next week the usat will attempt to hold a KKW instructor seminar. There will be five instructors for more than one hundred forty (as of yesterday) participants. I heard that numbers were low so they are issuing
Certs to first, second and third dans to boost attendance. The first one hundred to sign up get a free dobok . What about the rest? Are they really going to have nearly 50 in school doboks and the rest in matching seminar doboks?
I will be attending of course. I already have the 3rd class but I wil take any opportunity to train with the WTA instructors.
It will be shorter than the one in chigago. I wonder how it will go?

Dont worry, I am absolutely positive they will be selling the dobuk to everyone who didnt get it for free.....

Also.... wow, I wish i had 480 to pay for a 200 seminar
icon12.gif
.. jokin... sortof... I understand why you want to take it though... the KKW instructors are rather impressive and every chance to learn from them should be taken.

I would like to be a fly on the wall and watch it... I'm not sure if it would be worth taking, depending on the size of the venue... I mean not that USAT isn't known for sqeezing 300 BBs into a room where everyone is stepping on eachother and getting little to NO 1 on 1 time.:erg:

Please let us know how it goes.

oh.... You Are Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
M

msmitht

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Of course I will be reporting on the event.

Dunno if they will be selling hot coco. It might be cold in O.C..

No you can not show up, learn the forms and get a cert. This is supposed to be for people who already know them, or at least think that they do. Not a BB Exam either.

Maybe I should rent a limo for the trip up/down. That would be a riot.

OP
M

msmitht

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Dont worry, I am absolutely positive they will be selling the dobuk to everyone who didnt get it for free.....

Also.... wow, I wish i had 480 to pay for a 200 seminar
icon12.gif
.. jokin... sortof... I understand why you want to take it though... the KKW instructors are rather impressive and every chance to learn from them should be taken.

I would like to be a fly on the wall and watch it... I'm not sure if it would be worth taking, depending on the size of the venue... I mean not that USAT isn't known for sqeezing 300 BBs into a room where everyone is stepping on eachother and getting little to NO 1 on 1 time.:erg:

Please let us know how it goes.

oh.... You Are Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
no.....
YOU ARE AWESOME!!!

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Maybe I should rent a limo for the trip up/down. That would be a riot.

Have it pick you up and drop you off at the front door each day.... I bet you would get some 1 on 1 time then.

THAT WOULD BE AWESOME

OP
M

msmitht

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Obviously I'd learn them before I showed up. ;)
Of course. The seminar is mainly to make sure that all of the schools are teaching the basic's correctly. Poomsae, movement (chunjin, hoojin, etc). They go over class management and basic first aid. In Chicago they spent a lot of time on requirements for Dan grades.
It should be fun...and...wait for it...
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chrispillertkd

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not to take away from the sheer awesomeness of this thread, but what are the KKW requirements for the various Dan levels, besides the different poomsae?

Pax,

Chris

Archtkd

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I wonder if they will have a course on Hot Chocolate and the money that can be nade from it......
icon10.gif

Are you forgetting the lecture on how to sell water, organize Taekwondo dance teams and design poomsae training programs that guarantee your students will seek private lessons -- because there is no way they can learn poomsae in regular class, under said program.

OP
M

msmitht

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Are you forgetting the lecture on how to sell water, organize Taekwondo dance teams and design poomsae training programs that guarantee your students will seek private lessons -- because there is no way they can learn poomsae in regular class, under said program.
OMG! I had totally forgotten about that. The most unbearable part of the USTC Chicago seminar was this local guy, who was leaving to pick up a new Bently, who had his TKD dance team perform. I just do not like it. Call me prude.
Then he told us how much money he makes off of the kids who pay to be in his demo team and make money on specific TKD dance competitions. It was hilarious to see the look on everyones faces, especially the parents of the kids who heard it all.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
OMG! I had totally forgotten about that. The most unbearable part of the USTC Chicago seminar was this local guy, who was leaving to pick up a new Bently, who had his TKD dance team perform. I just do not like it. Call me prude.
Then he told us how much money he makes off of the kids who pay to be in his demo team and make money on specific TKD dance competitions. It was hilarious to see the look on everyones faces, especially the parents of the kids who heard it all.

Maybe he'll be there and you can give us an update on him....he might have had to scale down to a Lexus...

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

I have a friend who teaches a few miles from said "local guy" who had told me he was bad. I'd never believed the "local guy" was as bad as he was until I heard the garbage from his own mouth! Yep, he's THAT bad. :)

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I have a friend who teaches a few miles from said "local guy" who had told me he was bad. I'd never believed the "local guy" was as bad as he was until I heard the garbage from his own mouth! Yep, he's THAT bad. :)

Soooo.... he was......

NOT AWESOME :p

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
I too saw that the USAT was going to host a FIC. While I agree, it is always a great opportunity to train with the excellent GMs of the WTA, I can't help notice that the USAT is essentially jumping on a bandwagon that the USTC started. I guess a good idea is always a good idea regardless of who thought of it first.

Latest Discussions